Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Fantastic hotel, great service”
Review of Omni Houston Hotel

Omni Houston Hotel
Ranked #25 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed October 25, 2012

This hotel continues to amaze me. From the moment of check in till my check out the service level was fantastic. The lady at check in was fantastic, I only wish I had gotten her name so I could mention her name to management. She answered all my questions and offered a few suggestions. I checked in on Oct 14 about 3:30 pm.

The gym is excellent with all machines in working order, ice water and apples are offered in the gym room.

The hotel room is large enough for a single person and adequate for a couple. The bathroom soaps and lotions is top rated especially the facial soap. Coffee pot with coffe and tea is available. The coffee is excellent grade (Woflgang brand)

All the hotel service people I interacted with was very friendly and helpful.

I really like this hotel, they spoil you. The room is a little dark and more lighting would be appreciated but the service outweighs this little drawback.

I really like Omni Houston and I will recommend this hotel to all my business clients and friends to stay whenever they visit Houston.

Room Tip: Upon checkin just ask what you prefer, I'm sure they will try to accomodate your reasonable requ...

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stayed here on a weekend business trip and found the hotel and the staff to be wonderful. I'm not sure if the rooms were recently renovated, but mine was in really good condition. It had a very comfortable bed, a nice chair to kick back and watch TV and a sizable bathroom. Also...the carpeting in the room was extremely plush.

The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. They also had a 24-hour gym, which is a rarity. I had an early day on Sunday...and it was great to get my day started for with a 5am workout. The gym was adequate for a hotel gym.

There is also a nice deck with fire pits, a pool and a night club in the hotel as well. I didn't get to try any of those features out though.

My only main beef with the hotel is the location. I usually like to stay in downtown hotels...but this one is definitely a ways away and not around much. I walked about a mile to find a California Pizza Kitchen to eat dinner. There is a restaurant in the hotel...but I'm one to get out and see what's outside of the hotel. And it was a beautiful fall night in Houston...so I didn't mind the walk at all.

I did read that the hotel offers a complimentary ride to anywhere within a 3-mile radius. But there was a lot going on in the lobby that night (a busy Saturday) and it looked as if there would have been a bit of a wait...so I didn't even bother to ask.

But with that being said...I wouldn't mind staying here again if I couldn't stay downtown. Overall...a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: The hotel website says great views of downtown. My room overlooked the parking garage. Definitely...
1  Thank Monkeyboy239
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

So the Omni is not the newest or flashiest hotel in town but they have the best staff. From the bell staff to the guys cleaning the pool thy all work as one efficient and happy team. Great pool area and really knowledgable conciearge.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed here in early September for a wedding and booked the Kids Suite for our family of 4. The kids had a great time, and the room was fantastic. Their side had beanbag chairs, a basketball hoop, a Wii, and some really fun decor. They thought our side was boring, but from an adult perspective it was very nicely furnished.

The hotel itself was perfect for a family. The kids enjoyed the pool and the valet service was quick and courteous.

The only downside to our stay was that they had a really tough time figuring out our bill. Because the room was actually two rooms, some of the charges went to one room and some to the other. I guess only one room was connected to the credit card, but we didn't know which one. This was problematic when we ate in the hotel restaurant and attempted to put charges to our room. When we checked out, the charges were a mess. The front desk clerk attempted to fix them but there was still not a 0 balance on the bill. I asked her to fix it, but then the next day more charges came through. I contacted the front desk manager via e-mail and asked him to reconcile the bill but received no response. It wasn't a lot of money, and it could have all been accurate, but the difficulty at the end of our stay somewhat spoiled what was otherwise a very nice weekend.

Room Tip: The Kids Suite was a special experience. I would recommend it!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This hotel may be a little on the older side BUT the service here was out of this World! It started with a glass of champagne, a turn-down service with a free bottle of water, and a room that was so quiet I slept like a baby. I will definitely go back without a doubt. The bar was great, the food was great, and even the other guests were amazing.

Also, this hotel is just off the beaten track which helps get in and out much more quickly than a hotel adjacent to the Galleria. I believe this hotel has a 3 mile free service but I did not use it.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Crayz5150
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The overall experience at the Omni Houston was top-notch. It was great to find out that many of the staff have served the Omni Houston for 20+ years and it goes to show that each of those employees really care about the work they do and serving their customers/guests as excellent as possible.

The rooms were very nice and well appointed and equally comfortable as well. The gym/fitness center was very nice as were the restaurants on site. In-Room dining was superb and the service was equally superb as well.

I really enjoyed my stay and look forward to returning.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I think for the location and price, this hotel is excellent. Some of the pros:

1. It is located in Galleria area (one of the nicely developed areas of Houston).
2. The service is excellent. People are extremely helpful.

Some of the possible cons:

1. Although the rooms are very clean, it is obvious that it is older.
2. Do not get tricked by parking! Valet is around $25, self park in front of the hotel is $19, but if you keep driving pass the hotel there is a parking lot on the side that you can park FOR FREE!! And the walk is really short!

In general, for the price the hotel is great! Definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Higher floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business