“Comfortable but unemotional with very helpful staff”
Review of Omni Houston Hotel

Omni Houston Hotel
Ranked #27 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I stayed twice at Omni Hotel in Houston, in both occasion for business purposes. Usually I prefer smaller and charming hotels but for business the Omni is just fine, although too anonymous for my taste.
The hotel staff (at the reception and at the restaurant) is really very helpful and friendly. The rooms are spacious and clean and the pool is something you don’t need - when you are on business trip - but is nice to have it.
The Omni is located in a quite area and from the Hotel you can reach by cab the Houston Galleria in few minutes.
On the downside, in a business oriented hotel I expected to have a free Wi-Fi connection which unfortunately was not the case. In the restaurant there is also a room of improvement, particularly in the quality of the meals (very standard and inexpressive).
My ratings (max 10):
Hotel: 7
Position: 7
Cleanliness: 8
Staff: 8
Food: breakfast 8, dinner and lunch 7
Quality/price ratio: 8

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,927)

Reviewed December 30, 2011

we found this hotel online and booked it, after referring to trip advisor reviews. we arrived at the hotel in our rental, we were greeted quickly by the valet staff. our bags were brought in and we were checked in very quickly and efficiently. even though i book our room via a 3rd party they still allowed us to be select guest. the room was nice and big, the bathroom could use an update, the tub looked old. we had a nice view of the gronds and the pool. i will touch on the negative before the positive. the bar in the main lobby needs attention. we went there a few time, and except for our last day, we always had to go to the bar to order, get our drinks and pay our bill. thaat is not service. the charge for valet parking is outrageous, $ 26.00 and $2.14 in taxes per day. yes, there is free parking if you wish to walk to it. we had dinner at noe restaurant and the service and food was excellent. we had breakfast at cafe on the green and again the food and service was excellent. thank you to hector for the great morning conversation. we used the complimentary driver and limo service provided by the hotel. it was a great way to go to diner. i would recommend it to all future guests. i hope that the hotel retains this service. many thanks to jose the concierge, who arranged our drives and recommended the restaurants. this hotel is not cheap, but it is worth every penny. we would recommend it highly.

Room Tip: get a room with a pool view
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I recently stayed at the Omni Houston (Riverway) for work. For the most part, I was very happy with my stay. The room was a nice size - larger than average, I'd say. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean and quiet. I signed up for the free select member service so I would receive free wifi...an added bonus was also receiving 2 bottles of water daily (or juice/soda/milk).

The concierge service was extremely helpful...can't say enough good things about them. I also used the free shuttle service a few times - pretty good service. I never had to wait too long for a ride and the drivers were very friendly. They serve a 3 mile radius around the hotel which is good because there isn't anything within walking distance.

I used the in-room dining service a couple of times - no problems there and the food was decent. The continental breakfast served each morning with our conference was not very good - dry muffins, kind of ripe fruit - one of my only complaints. I never ate in the restaurant on site.

The only other complaint was the 6am wake up call I received one day that I did not order - no fun waking up earlier than required.

All in all I quite enjoyed my stay at the Omni and would definitely recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2012

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you letting us know about your stay, and while it was overall very positive, we apologize for the few services issued you experienced during your time with us. We know that there is always room for improvement and will ensure that they are corrected for your next visit. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

For a 4 star hotel, I had some problems with service. They gave me an occupied room and made me wait half an hour to five me another room...

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 2, 2011

Stayed for 4 nights with family. Hotel is a bit out of the way but very nice. Short drive to various shops and strip malls and the Galleria. Great staff and lots of open space. Lobby area is open though the desks get kind of crowded. Restaurant was slow and got our order wrong, but tried to fix it. Room was renovated and spacious, but the mattress was caved inward. Some else in my party actually asked for a whole new mattress. Turn down service was a nice touch, and bathroom service items were replaced daily. TV was a flat screen but no HD channels. Could use more sitting area. I would stay here again. There is an "average" running/walking path from the hotel to Memorial Park. It's flat, first along a main road and under the highway from the hotel, then into a loop on dirt. 5 miles.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2011

Thank you for your review of your recent visit with us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the issues you experienced and will share with the team to ensure the appropriate steps are taken. We know that on your next visit you will have a stay that will only allow you to become a life-long fan of the Omni Houston Hotel.

Reviewed November 27, 2011

I used a discounter to reserve the hotel. This hotel caters to businesses so they offer great rates on holidays when the hotel is empty.
The staff is very pleasant. I did not feel pressured to utilize the available services. They were accommodating to room requests even though I used a discounter.
The room was clean although an item was accidently left in the room. Covered self-parking is available. We had multiple problems with the keys not opening our door or allowing us use of the parking.

• Stayed: November 2011
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2011

Thank you for the review. We apologize for the issue with the room keys but are glad that the other issues of the stay outweighed this issue. We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed November 18, 2011

This hotel is very good overall, they really try to make your stay pleasurable. Room size is great for single person and okay for couple . Very clean rooms and the housekeeping department does a very good job.

My only complaint is the room is not as bright as I would like. I can understand they are trying to reduce electricity cost. They should at least have a lamp with higher wattage bulb when additional lighting is required.

The fine dining restrauant is very clean and the food is excellent. I had the steak for about $30.00,

The gym is excellent with various cardio and weight equipment. Very clean and all machines in good working order. Various types of fruit and fresh water is available. Gym open 24 hours

Paid about $185.00 per night

Prior to staying at hotel, register for the frequent stay program. They offer 1 free shoe polishing which I used and ironing service (not sure how many shirts as I did not use this service), also received 2 different newpapers per day and a bottle water upon check in.

As a side note: I got slightly injured in the room because the room has a dresser with a glass top. The edges are very sharp and was slightly over the edge of the dresser. I got cut when I bumped into the edge. I sent an email to management and they replied promising me they will check every room for the problem and would take care of it. They thanked me for the complaint. They did not want anyone else to get hurt.

Room Tip: When checking in request type of room desired. I was by myself so I really did not care. Oveall th...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2011

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Omni Houston Hotel. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback regarding the lamps in the rooms. We look forward to your next visit to Houston. Thank you and safe travels.