“Interesting hotel for the traveller who seeks unusual”
Review of Omni Houston Hotel

Omni Houston Hotel
Ranked #23 of 508 Hotels in Houston
Tulsa,Oklahoma
“Interesting hotel for the traveller who seeks unusual”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

I usually stay at the St Regis in Houston, but it was full last night, so I stayed nearby at the Omni. Because the Omni is somewhat out of the way despite being so near the Galleria area, I rarely think of the hotel as a place to stay.

The exterior of the hotel is stylistically dated, but the interior is quite attractive, both in the common areas and up in the guest floors. Because it is away from the highway and roads, the hotel is dead silent at night.

Staff was top notch, with a hat tip to the valet parking team who was fast, friendly and efficient.

I can certainly recommend the hotel for the business traveller who does not want to stay in a box hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Omrwiz
OmniTexasMgr, E-Commerce Manager at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2011
Thank you for the great words regarding the hotel. We put many hours into ensuring that the hotel continues to live up to the great expectations we have set, but the most important comment to us is that the staff were top notch. Thank you again and we look forward to your next trip to Houston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed October 31, 2011

For location and setting, this property has always been one of the best in Houston since it started as a Four Seasons. With renovations, including a new spa, this hotel has alot of positives. When you add value, hard to beat.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger, but you may hear service elevators.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 26, 2011

OMNI Houston almost succeeded in ruining my wedding weekend. After creating a blockout for guest at this establishment we were then treated with disrespect by a hotel staff that was incompetent and down right rude. Too many errors to count and after being moved several times due to multiple issues I found myself at this hotel for over 9 hours and at this point still did not have a room, I walked in to “my” suite only to realize that my luggage, and bridesmaids dresses, were no where to be seen, and this was the night before my wedding... I will not be coming back. Multiple letters have been sent to executive management about this issue, but if they are anything like the on site managers I do not have much hope for any resolution. Additionally everything which was to be complementary, due to the issues we ran in to, was billed to my mother-in-law...TWICE.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank o0pbandj0o
Thank you for your review. We apologize for the issues you experienced during your time with us, and I know that the General Manager has reached out to your to ensure that we are able to address each issue you experienced during your stay. We know that your return visit will show you the true experience of our hotel. Thank you and safe travels.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed October 23, 2011

A nice hotel in a quiet location near the galleria. Nothing in walking distance. We are loyal Omni customers. That being said, it wasn't our best Omni experience because of some slight details, but wasn't bad.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Great Britain
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Loved my stay at the Omni, the facilities were great, the staff were really nice! I stayed for 3 nights on my own and the staff were very helpful and friendly! My room was big, modern and clean. Downside was there was no free wifi. I took advantage of their pool every morning and also their free car service (within a few miles of the hotel). I also had the best white omelette ever! If I am ever back in Houston, I'd definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of the Omni Houston Hotel. If you join our complimentary Select Guest program, free wireless internet is just one of the many benefits. We hope that on your next visit to Houston, we see you back at the Omni!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Stayed at Omni Houston Galleria for honeymoon night. Booked the Sweet Rendezvous Romance Package. Room was upgraded suite and everything was impressive and presented perfectly, not a flaw anywhere to be seen. Champagne and Truffles upon arrival were excellent and served professionally by bell staff. Perfectly clean bathroom and appointments. Bedroom and linens were clean, fresh and comfortable. Slept very well, comfortable bed and very quiet. Breakfast with signature morning cocktail was impressive and accurate as ordered,...delivered by room service on large round table with perfect white tablecloth. All the hotel staff interactions were friendly and professional. Overall a very impressive experience. I was hoping for a memorable honeymoon stay and made an excellent choice with the Omni Hotel - Galleria. Also, we had dinner at the Oceanaire Seafood Room in the Galleria. Everything was superb.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing the Omni Houston Hotel to be an important part of your big day. We know that this can be a stressful day and strive to ensure that everything goes off without a hitch. Congratulations and we hope to see you again very soon!
Otsego, Minnesota
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Beautiful hotel. Stayed here for a conference for work. The accommodations were very clean. I enjoyed arriving to my room to find soft lighting, waterfall music and a robe on the bed. Excellent room service, but spendy. Very nice workout facility. Relaxing pools.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business