“Locked out of room”

Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
Ranked #100 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The location was great. The hotel itself was okay, enjoyed the pool area. We were locked out of our room twice. They were having a problem with the key card readed on our room. We went down to get the card re-activated 3 times, and then we called the hotel to get up there and fix it. Rather than let us in and move us, we waited outside our room for over an hour for them to get it open, in our swimsuits after jetskiing. We were told we would be sent a bottle of champagne for the incidents & it never showed. We will not be back to this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonSanAntonio, General Manager at Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for your recent review. We are sorry to hear that you encounted problems with your guestroom door lock during your stay. I have addressed your concerns with our engineering staff. We hope that you will give us another opportunity the next time you are in Houston. Thank you again for your review.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,087)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel location is perfect but the lake view is not worth the cost unless you plan to stay in your room all day. I stayed for two days, I might have looked out maybe 4 times? They remodeled the hotel and put marble white floors in the lobby since my last stay on bussiness 6 years ago. I think it was wooden floors before, they should of left it with that old hardwood floor look and older furnishiings, this new look looks kinda cheezy to retro wanna be. The beds were comfortable but the restroom towl racks were rusty, some of the wall paper is starting to fall off the edges as well. I paid $160 a night....i dont think it was worth $100. Marriot Springhill suites down the road is nicer and newer. Id rather pay there price without a lake view. The hotel needs to be Las Vegas Cosmopolitan or Aria quality if your going to charge $160 a night.......

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank comakozi
HiltonNasaClrLk, General Manager at Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Iam glad to hear that you were overall happy with your stay. We are extremely fortunate to have the location we have in the Houston area. Being on the water and in close proximity to 2 great points of interest, NASA Space Center and the Kemah Boardwalk, provides a lot of sight-seeing pleasure our guests.

In regards to your guestroom, I have shared your concerns with both our Maintenance and Housekeeping Departments so that that may address the issues.

I hope the next time your travels bring you to Houston, you will give us another opportunity and will choose to stay with us again. Kind Regards-

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We asked 3 times for housekeeping to do our room, and we're still waiting. It's been about 2 hours now since our 1st request, and the time is now 3:00pm. Service is really slow, and we are Hilton Gold status!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
HiltonNasaClrLk, General Manager at Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed at NASA Hilton for first time in many years. Been upgraded and bedrooms and lobby area very nice. Good executive lounge well stocked and friendly staff. Very comfortable stay overall. Only thing that lets it down is that the lifts obviously missed out on the upgrade - grubby and noisy. However will return

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

WELCOME back! Thank you so much for staying with us and for your comments! It was great to hear that you found our rooms to be nice and our staff pleasant. I apologize that you were not happy with the elevators in the hotel. I have shared your concerns with the Maintenance so that we may address the issues you mentioned. We hope to welcome you back each and every time you are in the Houston area! Kind Regards-

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this property. The restaurant was very good and the staff was excellent. The room was very nice and roomy with a very comfortable bed. The fitness room was very good with a beautiful view of the lake. The Executive Lounge was very nicely laid out and furnished. As a Hilton Honors Diamond I was disappointed with the Executive Lounge because the wine was more expensive in the lounge than in the restaurant. The food in the lounge was not up to Hilton standards. This is the only knock I have on this property. Overall it is a very nice hotel.

1  Thank Ken E

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback .It was great to hear that you enjoyed our location and that you found our hotel to be a nice place to stay. I have shared your concerns with our Food and Beverage Team so that we may address the pricing. We hope to have you return to our hotel in the near future! Kind Regards-

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I am staying at this Hilton Long Term while working in this area. My room is very nice and clean and the beds are extremely comfortable. The staff takes excellent care of me and my needs. The food is great and the bar is a nice place to gather to socialize. The Fitness cente is top notch with a great view of Clear Lake. Everyone here is friendly and I love it here.

1  Thank Suzie A
HiltonNasaClrLk, General Manager at Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. Should your travel plans bring you back to the area, we hope to be your home away from home. Kind Regards.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I've been staying here quite a bit lately for business and will continue to go back. The location & setting is great. The rooms are clean and sized well. The restaurant food is great, and the Staff is friendly. I couldn't ask for anything more!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony or a lake view room! They have a great view and are quieter.