“lovelye”

Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
Ranked #91 of 517 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 6, 2012

we ended up here instead of being in New Orleans , due to the hurricane. Weren't disappointed and found plenty to do in the surrounding areas. NASA space centre is a must for any visitor to Houston.
Only fault with the hotel was the restaurant, which I am sure was very nice, judging by the lovely breakfasts we had, but the price was horrendous. They need to have a 'bar snack' option, as it is quite a long way on foot to fine a local eating place-however we found a fantastic Chinese restaurant opposite the Space Centre, and a Mexican just up the road in the opposite direction.
Staff very friendly and interested in us ( English) we seemed to be a talking point in our whole treck around USA as we went off the tourist route and were welcomed wherever we went

Room Tip: most rooms come with a lake view, but try to get a balcony-we didn't get one unfortunately but I...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
MartinGreenwood, General Manager at Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you so much for rating your stay with us! I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and that our staff took great care of you. I will discuss your comments on restaurant pricing with our Food and Beverage team; I wonder if you had a chance to check out our casual menu in the Luna Lounge? We receive great comments from our guests on the selection of affordable bites on that menu.

Safe travels!

martin.greenwood@hilton.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,120)

Reviewed September 1, 2012

Stayed here in the month of August'12.

I arrived and requested the "Front Desk" to give me a room with a view. Being a HH member, I got a room on the 10th floor with a breathtaking view. Was extremely delighted.

The room was adequate enough.

The bathroom was good enough.

Their was no complimentary water bottle in the room unlike some other Houston Hiltons. Water bottle, 1l was being sold at 5 us$ though at the lobby floor. Later, I found out that complimentary water bottle was available at the gym.

The gym was nice. The swimming was with a view of the lake.

The front desk was very sweet and polite.

Its not a place to stay if you do NOT have a car. Its at least 1 mile away from any eating joint.

The glitch :-

The internet was very very very slow. I was there for 3 days and the speed never picked up. And to think they are charging 10usd ( approx) + taxes for the internet per 24 hours. Its a robbery and not worth it. I urge you to carry a usb internet stick of your own if you are staying here.

Room Tip: Be a HH member and ask for a room for HH member floor. Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
MartinGreenwood, General Manager at Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to offer us feedback about your recent trip. I am happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay overall. We work hard to listen to all of our guest's feedback and act as swiftly as possible. Our hotel is scheduled for an internet upgrade, more than quadrupling the available bandwidth! We have been expecting the exact install date some time within the next 45 days.

I hope you will return to check it out soon!

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Upon check-in we were thrilled to learn that we had been upgraded (complementary) to a penthouse room with a magnificent view over the lake (room 1411). It was spacious, clean, well-furnished -- in essence -- lovely. The location is ideal for visiting both NASA and Kemah Boardwalk, both of which are less than ten minutes away. Galveston Island (where similar hotels are double the price) is about a thirty minute drive. In-room refrigerators are convenient for families traveling with children. Parking is complementary. Everyone we met on the staff was extremely helpful and courteous.

Room Tip: The view from room 1411 is awesome.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thanks for posting this review and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay! I will be pleased to share your comments with our team!

Please come and see us again soon...

Reviewed August 15, 2012

The location to Johnson Space Center would be difficult to beat but I felt like I was getting "nickeled and dimed" with no complimentary Wi-Fi. Fortunately Verizon 4G came through.

The Good:
Location, location, location! The gouda stuffed chicken in the restaurant is wonderful and Jen at the bar is pleasure. Call her "ma-am", she loves it.

The not so good. The linens on one of the beds was damp. Damp like something wasn't in the dryer long enough. It wasn't noticeable just sitting or running your hand on or between the layers. It was only after getting in that sheets felt "sticky" and began to adhere so whomever inspects the rooms behind housekeeping probably not have caught this. Being hot natured, stripping the bed and using just the 2 sheets fixed the problem, though I did tell the desk upon check-out.

The damp bed and lack of complementary internet cost them the 4th dot. However, the next trip to the Space Center I'll certainly give them another chance to impress.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

I appreciate your comments regarding your stay with us. Jen and the rest of the team will be pleased to hear your feedback on their efforts. I do apologize about the issue with the damp sheets. I will meet with our houeskeeping team to discuss how this might have happened-it is definitely not something I have ever heard of our guests experienceing.

I hope you will return soon for another awesome view!

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed at this Hilton for our family reunion last summer. There were 3 family reunions taking place at the same time. The hotel ran out of wash cloths. The room was spacious but the tub faucet dripped all night and I had to shake the toilet handle to keep it from overflowing. The bed was decent but I know Hilton can do better. The gentleman at the front desk was very courteous which helped us to not have a horrible stay. The common areas were not as worn as our room. The location is right on the water. There at jet skis available for rental right on the property. There is a shopping area close by.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
MartinGreenwood, General Manager at Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton. We apologize for the malfunctioning tub and toilet and have reported your concerns to our maintenance team. I noticed it has been a year since your stay and I am pleased to inform you that all rooms have been fully updated since then. I do hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

The bathroom was full of mold and the A/C old.. There was so much mold, after waking up I couldnt talk due to the allergic reation! I had to wake my family at 2 a.m. to leave. It is a shame that this location does not have a nicer hotel....They should tear this one down and rebuild.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank BabaGal
MartinGreenwood, General Manager at Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you encountered. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and know our guests deserve better. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. I have not witnessed this type of situation anywhere in our hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly so we can discuss your situation.

Hilton Houston NASA

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I'm originally from the area so staying on the water is a priority. We chose this hotel for its proximity to an event location in Seabrook. The hotel was busy - a family reunion, military, and a lot of guests for a high school reunion. Check-in was prompt. Room was clean and cool. View was outstanding - 9th floor views of Seabrook and the lake. Room service breakfast was fast. I left a pair of shorts in my room and realized it after we got home; Housekeeping had them and is mailing them to me. The only issue we had was noise for a couple of nights, but the front desk staff promptly called the adjoining room and the guests got quiet. I think people don't realize how much their voices carry in a hotel. The only complaint? We had a balcony, but the balcony door doesn't open. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the water!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for visiting us an reveiwing our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon!

Hilton Houston NASA
martin.greenwood@hilton.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake
Holiday Inn Kemah (near boardwalk)
Hampton Inn Houston NASA-Johnson Space Center
Boardwalk Inn
Boardwalk Inn
#1 of 5 in Kemah
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake NASA
Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Clear Lake / NASA

Been to Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake? Share your experiences!