“Omni Houston Westside”

Omni Houston Hotel Westside
Ranked #46 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Hotel is very well appointed. Great for business, family or just a getaway weekend. Staff very professional, well trained and friendly! Children love the fish pond as well as individuals of all ages! Restaurants are first rate. Easy access to most of Houston as it sits on the access road of I-10.

Reviewed August 24, 2014

The staff makes this hotel even more pleasant. Beautiful, clean surroundings. The bartender at the bar was very nice as well as the women at the front desk. Breakfast was pleasant with attentive staff. We stayed with our daughter's volleyball team and everyone seemed satisified. My daughter loved feeding the Koi fish.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Stayed here last month with my family. We booked two connecting rooms one with double beds for the kiddos and a king size for the hubby and I. Check-in was a breeze and staff was great which is a plus. We arrived to our room and found two robes on the bed and towels shaped into a heart, plus chocolate covered strawberries on the desk (very nice!). Also the kids felt special with their welcome package and nightly turndown with a cookies and milk. Rooms were big and clean. The only downfall was that room service did not come in to clean the rooms the next day and as went in and out of the room throughout the day and noticed dirty dishes outside another room stayed there for an entire day and it was quite annoying passing them every time we went out. We also had a small fire scare and had to evacuate but all in all it was a very good stay. We are considering staying again at the end of this month but we shall see...

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Jason B, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Thank you for providing feedback about your stand and we are very happy you enjoyed it. I have shared your comments with our team about the dishes in the hallway so that we can help improve our operation. As for the fire alarm, I do want to apologize again on behalf of the individual that pulled the fire station. After a thorough investigation, it was concluded that a pull station was activated inappropriately. We are truly grateful that it was not a real emergency but happy in the staff response to the alarm as safety is our number one priority. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 21, 2014

It was my first time staying here and I will again if I get that really good price - it was under 100 when I stayed

check it - was the fastest ever, they just checked my ID an credit card and had my key all ready
staff - normal to good
the rooms are dated but clean, large and comfortable
huge lobby - great for kids to run around and play, if you have some - they have fish
the parking is very easy, also they have a shuttle which will bring you to areas close by, I used it to get to a bar
the laundry staff were super - I was late getting my stuff in on a Saturday (closed on Sunday) and needed dry cleaning for the following monday, they were super and helped me out
They have a good bar, I didn't try the breakfast or any restaurant

Reviewed August 20, 2014

We went for a wedding and found the lobby and the room to be beautiful. Bed was great with four gigantic pillows. Beautiful view from the window.Clean bathroom with lots of towels and good shower. However, our room was not cleaned on the first day and we felt we had given them ample time to do it. Next day, called to make sure it would be done - and it was, though all of the toiletries in the bathroom were not replaced. I think, if you're paying the same price each day, you should get the same amenities each day. Lovely koi pond took up the whole lobby. Good food at the restaurant. Try the tortilla soup. A lovely stay.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Awesome service, food and beautiful! From the porter to the check in desk and everyone in between...the service was friendly and made us feel special. The Westside Omni made our Anniversary a weekend to remember!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Jason B, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

We are elated to have been able to be a part of your 22nd anniversary celebration and hope that you will spend many more with us.

Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

This was my first omni and I was thoroughly impressed with the grounds, the fabulous koi ponds and the room. From here on it's a mixed bag.

1. Had to move after first night due to a horrible loud him in the room from being near a major fan of some sort (bellman said it was absolutely not tolerable) but front desk person said no one has ever complained---until me. Not cool.

2. Comfy beds, lovely rooms. Could have stayed forever once moved.

3. I selected this hotel in part because of the pool. It was as large as promised but the water was almost hot. As I swam I realized that the black dots I saw on the bottom and along the walls--which I thought were pock marks in the concrete---were really mold. I felt awful after that. Ugh. Did not return to pool.

4. Loved room service--and Peggy from room service.

5. Restaurant food was excellent.

So it felt mixed to me. I hope they get the mold problem fixed.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Ann G
Jason B, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

First we truly want to thank you for staying at the Omni Houston Hotel at Westside. Secondly I would like to inform you that I have spoken directly to our Director of Engineering to look at the pool to specifically look at the areas that you have mentioned to ensure that it is taken care of. I am also looking into the room that you were first checked into with the Front Desk to see what the issue was. I would like to thank you for your feedback as it is a way for us to better our operation and hotel as a whole.