“Nice hotel, but pricey”

Omni Houston Hotel Westside
Ranked #47 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel during a business trip, and my expense account was the only way I could afford it! That being said, the location was perfect for me. It was within walking distance of the Oil Center offices (and a beautiful landscaped walk it is). I'm not sure I've ever encountered a level of customer service as good as they are...especially in the restaurant, Cafe on the Lake. These are some of the most professional wait staff I've ever seen. They made me feel like I was in a 5 star restaurant, without the snobiness. The menu gave plenty of choices and the food was very good. The scenery in the lobby is amazing. The rooms feel somewhat dated, at least the one I was in on the second floor. A power strip was put in next to the bed, but that was the only easily accessible outlets. There were none available next to the desk. However, the wifi worked well and was fast enough for me to work. The room was very clean and the bed was as comfortable as at home. I will definitely stay here again, as long as the company is paying!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 15, 2014

This is a hotel with a waw-factor: the huge and beautiful lobby with a pond and the luxuriuos, spacious rooms.
The receptionists were kind. There is a rather big parking lot at the side of the hotel and there is a pool in the garden of the hotel. Although there was a big team of soccer playing kids in the hotel taht evening: it was quiet in the room itself.

We have booked this hotel for a cheap price through a non-omni website. It was a very good value.
The location was good: in the near of the freeway from San Antonio to Houston, but there is nothing else to see. (This is - I think - a hotel used for the oil-business in the Energy Corridor of Texas.)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I was extremely satisfied with my stay on this occasion. There wasn't anything outstanding that comes to mind, but overall the quality and service were fantastic. The gentleman at the front desk even pronounced my name correctly. I felt very welcome and the entire experience was easy. My stay on this date will be the standard by which I judge all other hotels. I will definitely be more likely to choose Omni in the future based on this experience. The benefits of the select guest program might just be what puts Omni at the top of my list. Thank you for an enjoyable experience, and please, keep up the good work.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Nice business hotel in a useful location close to oil company offices, but very highly priced. Friendly service, clean rooms, average food in a lack lustre restaurant. The bar is better but small. One for company account travellers.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I always have a great experience while staying at the Omni West in Katy, TX. The staff is very friendly, the hotel is clean, and the food & beverages are excellent. I definitely recommend staying at this hotel while visiting the area.

Thank Jimmy Frank Jr ... R
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was hesitant to book this hotel again, as during our last stay we had a few unpleasant hiccups. However, I am glad I relied on Omni's reputation because this stay was a textbook perfect experience. From check-in to check-out, each interaction I had with the staff was pleasant and made me feel welcome and valued as a guest. We were 5+ hours late arriving to the hotel, and while retrieving my room key from the Express Check-In kiosk I was greeted with a hearty, "Welcome Back!" from both counter agents. The room was clean, crisp, and relaxing. I will continue to choose Omni Hotels as my family’s hotel of choice (my daughter loves the fish)!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
JessicaHenry, Director of Sales at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you for your comments. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Hotel was spotless and food was good. Fitness Center was in excellent condition. Hotel was located near enough to night life, but far enough away to be quiet in the evenings.