“OMNI in Houston”

Omni Houston Hotel Westside
Ranked #48 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Nice place...good for work or for play. Liked the koi pond that ran throughout the hotel. Comfortable and well appointed. Parking was easy...access to City Center and Top Golf were a plus. I would hold a meeting there again...and would consider it a nice place for family as well. Just feels like you are on vacation once you enter the main part of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (1,527)

Reviewed February 28, 2014

Cold showers and slow elevators. Difficulty maneuvering between floor, stair cases didnt lead directly from my third floor room to the lobby. Had to maneuver to a different wing of the floor. very friendly staff. Hotel could use a refresh. Hallways leading to room had scuffed doors and walls.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We enjoyed our overnight stay on Valentine's Day as part of the Romance package. The hotel was clean and attractive and staff were friendly and professional. Our only complaint was the slow service at The Cafe on the Lake. They were clearly short-staffed and not prepared for the extra traffic on a holiday. Our waiter did a good job once she got to us, but it took almost thirty minutes to get our menus and have our drink order taken.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Wish the stay could have been longer. great service from check-in to check-out. Room was upgraded to the Houston Suite with a great view this room was the size of a small condo. Dining was excellent. Just a great place to stay for a couples get-a-way or a girls night out

Reviewed February 18, 2014

The customer service and cleanliness of the hotel made for a great stay. The beds were so comfortable, the room was clean and the staff were friendly. Great location to Terry Hershey park to go for a walk and close to restaurants on highway 6. Would stay again.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I would like to start out be saying that The Omni Hotels have always been my favorite chain and The Omni is the first hotel I will look for when planning a visit somewhere...well it was up until this past Saturday.

I am a Omni Select Member and from time to time they will email out a special offer. I received such an offer a couple weeks ago that was called their "Romance Package" which included a bottle of champagne and flowers in the room, a credit to spend at the hotel, early check in and a late check out, awesome! From their email I click the provided link, filled in my Select Number, my credit card info and received a confirmation. I originally tried the main Omni Hotel in Houston by The Galleria by they were sold out, second choice was the Omni Westside. I saw they did have some fairly bad reviews but we thought, heck its still the Omni lets go for it. I also made a dinner reservation at the restaurant within the hotel.
A few days prior to our up coming stay I received another email offering me to check in online and the email gave me the check in time of 1:00pm. Great...the Omni rocks!
We forewent doing any special dinner on Friday which was actually Valentines Day and just put our thoughts into the stay at The Omni Westside. We got all loaded up Saturday morning to head to the hotel to arrive at the time they gave me...we wanted to hang at the pool and have some much needed "together time". I walked in and went to the Select Member key rack and nothing was there. Well its just now 1:00 so maybe they haven't put it out yet. (The Omni Galleria has never failed me in having the key ready as promised) I walked up to the guest check in and ask the girl if we could check in please. She took my name and said the rooms not ready and she had no idea when it would be...huh? She said she might be able to put us in a double but its in the back of the hotel. I said ok (just wanted to hit the pool) and I did tell her that the Omni gave me the 1:00, I did not request it. Ok...no biggie.
After she checked me in I inquired about that the champagne in the room and how the in hotel credit worked. She looked at me and said that I wasn't registered for the Romance Package and was under Triple A and it came with NO perks. I explained that it must be an mistake because it wasn't even something I logged on to their website for...I simply followed the link from THEIR email. She said she couldn't do anything but charge me almost double of what the original room rate was! I asked for a manager.
She disappears for a few moments and walks back out with a gentleman by the name of JIMMY WONG, who identified himself as the hotel manager. I thought, great the manager can fix it! I went through the entire story again with MR. WONG and explained that it must be an error on the Omni's end as I only followed the link to sign up that was provided to me in the email. The webpage it linked me to was made obviously for Valentines Day and this special, it had a lady smiling with a rose in her hands and the caption, "Sweep her off her feet" along with the Cuisine & Cocktail offer! Plus I explained I'm not even a member of Triple A! Jimmy Wong is a very unpleasant and impersonal man. I explained that I am a long time Omni Gold Select member with dozens and dozens of Omnis stays under my belt. He frankly DID. NOT. CARE. He just continued only with the rate that was double what I was originally given. I explained that this was a special Valentines for my wife and I...I explained that we, like many people, were on a budget and doubling the fee wasn't going to work. I basically pleaded with him to see what he could do...anything! He didn't even try. I asked if there was a compromise...heck how about breakfast?! Or still give us the cheap bottle of bubbly?! Anything?! NOPE that's it take it or leave it. In other words don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya! I have never been treated so poorly by an Omni employee in my entire life of being an "Omni guy"!
So I had to make the walk of shame back out to my truck and tell my wife that we couldn't have our specially planned Valentines.
What really upset me the most was the attitude and unwillingness to fix a problem or even find a happy ground with a long time Omni Select Member, from JIMMY WONG.
After we drove all the way back home (BTW the Omni Westside is a long way from our house) I decided to cancel two upcoming stays with the Omni Dallas and The Omni Parker House in Mass. I will also be forfeiting my Omni Select membership and deleting all positive reviews that I have made for the Omni Hotel chain through out the years...

Hey Omni Select! I know that the these reviews are read...so thank your manager, JIMMY WONG!

Well I must go now so I can copy and paste this review on every review site in the country.

9  Thank Montecore1
Reviewed February 15, 2014

i was my business trip there for one week, the hotel staff is not good, my office booked the room for me, but hotel staff did not let me check in, they say your office did not sent credit card or money so pay first before check-in, the Food was terrible, they served very burn pizza and smelly food to me, when i complain they say will not charge you anything for food so do not say to anybody or review it as good service, second time it happen same this time they try to bribe me and provide me Berries basket free of cost, but i paid for everything, hotel is surrounded by water , its looks very nice, there is colored fishes in that water, rooom was ok ok, very expensive, not recommend anyone

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo