“Very Noisy”

Ranked #43 of 508 Hotels in Houston
San Francisco, California
“Very Noisy”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is perhaps a generous rating. This hotel is on a major freeway in Houston and has very heavy traffic noise all night. In addition, my room was above a truck bay, so I had a lot of early morning noise. Room service was good, the people were very nice and my room was pleasant, but it is a hard place to sleep because of the noise.

Room Tip: Room 3622 is very noisy.
1 Thank Sara P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 11, 2013

For a hotel in the Energy Corridor, the Omni Houston Westside is very nice. First things first: the check in went very smoothly. The front desk is very helpful, and pleasant to talk to for help. The front desk is, appropriately, by the valet, which charges, if I remember, about $16 a night. But there is good news; a parking garage is behind the hotel which is free to use.

As for the hotel lobby, it actually has a general pool containing a vast fauna of fish, including albino catfish, along with a few snapping turtles. You don't need to go to the zoo or aquarium much, if at all, if you're staying here. The atrium is very airy, and I never ate at Cafe on the Lake, the hotel restaurant, but it's a good place to sit and enjoy the atmosphere. There are other chairs around to sit and enjoy the Starbucks coffee from the gift shop at if you don't do so. The one big problem, as indicated in the review title, are the elevators. They give a good view of the atrium, but they are very small, and very slow, something I've read about in other reviews of this property.

Finally, the room. The hotel does have some wear and tear, but overall, the room was VERY comfortable. I loved the beds, as the pillows were good, the mattress was soft, and the comforter was very, very good. The shower is also real nice, and the thermostat works great. The Wifi in the rooms is very good, but you do have to pay $10 a day for Wifi unless you're part of the Omni Rewards Program, in which case it's free. Not great, but a lot of other upscale/luxury hotel chains charge for Wifi by the hour, and it IS cheaper than the valet, so make of it what you want. The computers in the gift shop, however, are operated by a third party, and give the first 15 minutes free, but charge $7 for every 15 minute session afterwards. The part that irks me about that is you need a credit card just for the first free session. Bring your computer and use the in-room Internet.

The location is on I-10, which is good, because I am personally unfamiliar with the Energy Corridor district of Houston. Working for a company like BP? Perfect spot. Need to get out town going west like I did? Pick this place. A bit of a drive to other areas of Houston, however.

With all that said, I recommend the Omni Westside as a great business hotel, and evidently a good wedding hotel, since there was a wedding reception while I was there. That is all.

Texas
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Your staff for breakfast was so nice the girl that delivered my order so sweet she caught on that I was not feeling well and brought me lemon and honey for my tea and she even brought me some chicken soup for lunch to make my stay so pleasant her name was Elaina I think she deserves to be commended for going over and above to make my stay so pleasant. I love your hotel and this makes me love it even more.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed November 8, 2013

This place has never disappointed me. I am a GHA discovery / Omni select member so I checked in online and was able to pull in and grab my room key off the desk without evn having to get in line or speak to anyone. The parking is sparse and crowded but my room was clean and new and the bathroom was neat and my bed was fantastic. I slept great.

Welsh, Louisiana
Reviewed November 8, 2013

We had an extended stay as we were there for My Husband to attend meetings all week long. Since we are members of Omni Select Guest program we were delivered Morning Beverages and a Newspaper everyday. Location is convenient to The Energy Corridor. I think the only issue I would have is that the refrigerator in the room is locked and filled with bar beverages available for a charge. Since we were using the room for a week and I spent a fair amount of that time in the room I would have like to have a refrigerator and microwave available for my use.

Room Tip: The lobby and hotel restaurant are atrium style. We were on the second floor near the elevators so...
Henderson, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2013

The overall hotel experience is grand on the first floor, but the access is unusual. When entering the back parking area and covered garage entrance the signage isn't obvious (from Katy Freeway access road). GPS brings a traveler in this way rather than the front of the hotel. If the address were to be Eldridge Parkway then the GPS might work differently, however the access from there is a bit odd as well. I like the lake in the lobby, the koi, and the trees. The elevators were being worked on as was the plumbing (water) during our stay. Also, the business use of the ball room and breakout rooms seemed impressive. There were lots of people around, and the bar area became overrun a few times. It would be good to have an expansion of that area for such times with increased staffing, I think.

Brownsville, United States
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I was displeased to see the hair in the tub. Our late arrival after a 6 hour ride in fact meant that I wasn't going to be the only displaced person I chose not to report this to the front desk, in efforts to look for a cleaner room. We were tired, hungry and still in need to be present at a 9:00 evening meeting.

1 Thank Sandra B