Omni Houston Hotel Westside
$229
$219
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$90
$179
  • Room Service
$161
  • Restaurant
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
$85
$139
$125
galahotels.com
1,617 results
All reviewskoi pondgold barenergy corridorexpress checkwest sidecovered parkingkaty freewaynice hotelbeautiful lobbybreakfast buffetbusiness triplobby areaenjoyed my stayfitness centerself parkingatriumwedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 9, 2013

My boyfriend and I were in town for a weekend trip to visit his family and this hotel just happened to be the closest one to their home nearby. We arrived about 8:30pm and waiting in the driveway area while the valet helped everyone around us and only spoke to us to let us know that free parking was around back. We told him we wanted valet for the weekend and both just blew off the poor first impression to head inside to check in. Checked in just fine and went to room which was quite nice and comfortable until we went to take showers. One of the two lights was out and the faucet and shower head along with the tub were covered in rust stains. Again we let it go and called down for the car to encounter another very rude valet. Next morning we decided to have breakfast and the cafe in the lobby and were sat in a corner next to one of the biggest spider webs I've ever seen. I immediately pointed it out to the host and asked him to remove it and he just shrugged his shoulders and walked away. We went to the one man staffed omlet and waffle area and waited so long that we just ended up eating fruit and ordering off the menu. The massive spider web was not removed until about 30 minutes into our meal when I again asked, the server this time, to remove it. We again called for the car and for the 4th time were met with a very rude inattentive valet. Upon returning we asked for the charge for valet to be taken off of our account and told the front desk of the issues. She did nothing for us and told us all complaints needed to go to the bell stand. We went there and again nothing was done. The staff here was no where near a four star rating on this hotel and we will definitely not be returning.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anise B
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We spent 11 days at the Omni. The hotel is in an excellent location. We had a wonderful stay. Our 2 year old grandson who came into town with his parents for the weekend loved feeding the fish.They kept him highly entertained. He also loved the excitement of going up on the elevator to the 4th floor. Our nieces and nephews were enchanted by the beautiful swimming pool, unfortunately the cold temperatures kept them out of the pool. They also were entertained by the catfish outside and the goldfish inside.

The beds are very comfortable. When housekeeping heard that our daughter was allergic to feathers, they quickly changed all of the bedding. After she left they graciously changed everything back again.

The free wifi was extremely helpful.

The hotel dining room provides wonderful food, but the wait staff is extremely slow.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for your review. We know it is not always easy to spend 11 days in a hotel and we are very pleased that the time spent at our property with your family was such a great experience and that our service left such a lasting impression. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed on business, staff friendly welcoming and efficient. Good facilities, nice ambience with the interior water features. Room service good quality and speed, breakfast choice very good. Plenty of easily accessible parking, good shop facilities. Shuttle available on request.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback! We are delighted to hear your experience was a good one and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Being totally honest, the Omni Houston Hotel Westside was not my first choice for my recent trip to Houston. However with two major conventions making downtown hotels largely unavailable, I decided to stay at the property some 18 miles from downtown. Here's my breakdown:

Room - My king room was of average size, featuring a king bed, chair, work desk and standard mini-bar, room safe, coffee maker, etc. The room was tastefully furnished and decorated in neutral tones...but lacked any sort of "wow" factor. The mattress was decent, but the comforter was frayed and ripped on the underside. Other bed linens were of expected quality.

Bath - The bathroom was on the small side, featuring a traditional looking tub/shower. While the bathroom was sparkling clean, it too lacked any feature that would make it memorable. The shower water pressure was amazing...I can't remember a hotel shower with that much power. Plenty of hot water too!

Noise- I found room noise from the hallway worse than average...of course it would help if other guests had the courtesy to use their "inside voices" while walking to and from their rooms. Seriously, how can my girlfriend's 6 and 8 year old girls manage to speak quietly in hotel hallways, but some fully grown adults feel compelled to yell at each other down the hall, pound on doors at all hours, or loiter in the hallways broadcasting their every thought? It's a nice hotel...act like you've been in one before! I also noticed more "door slams" than I normally hear at similar properties. At times I could also hear guests in adjoining rooms. My room did not face the I-10 freeway so outside noise was not an issue.

Housekeeping - Housekeeping did a nice job keeping the room clean. Every evening the ice bucket was full when I returned, but apparently you only get a complimentary water if you are present when they arrive.

Lobby/Check In - The large, five story tall atrium/lobby was truly impressive. Featuring connected ponds with large fish, trees, a glass wall and and several comfortable seating areas, the lobby was truly first class. Glass elevators and walkways surrounding the atrium offered spectacular views. I checked in during the early afternoon so my check-in experience was extremely quick and efficient, although I found it strange that a hotel of this class did not have anyone working in the drive-up area offering directions or assistance.

Food- I had lunch at the "Cafe on the Lake" and the food was good, but the service was outstanding. Thanks to Victor for making my dining experience enjoyable and fun! The Cafe was located in the middle of the hotel atrium, offering a great spot for people watching while you dine. The hotel also has the Black Gold Bar which I did not visit, and a small gift shop offering Starbucks coffee,snacks, travel items, business center, etc.

Location- As I stated at the beginning of my review, the Omni Houston Westside was not my first choice, and the reasons quickly became obvious. It is located about a 25 - 45 minute drive away (depending on time of travel) to most major attractions - Downtown sporting events/theater district, Houston Zoo, Galleria shopping area, George Bush airport. On the plus side, the I-10 freeway runs alongside the hotel which provides easy freeway access, the downside is you'll spend a lot of time on the Houston freeway system...so pack your patience and allow plenty of time!

Parking/Internet/Pools - The hotel offers FREE self park...a great deal considering the outrageous amount some hotels charge for parking. Internet access is offered for a fee, unless you belong to the Omni guest program in which case it's free....again great news for the guests! The hotel pool was nice...but since the weather was unusually cool by Houston standards I chose to avoid taking the plunge.

Overall - I greatly appreciated the positive, friendly attitude of hotel staff. Overall I found the property to be nice, but with enough minor flaws to keep me from giving it the highest possible rating. I suppose if you're staying for a business trip at a nearby corporation, or there for an in-house convention/seminar, the property is a good choice. But for some of the more "tourist" attractions I would prefer to stay at a closer property...that is if the OPC and NRA haven't already gobbled up all the rooms!

Room Tip: I would ask for a room near the end of the hall to help minimize hall noise and hope for some quiet, considerate neighbors!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mrbigjerk

Thank you for taking a moment to leave a detailed review of your recent stay at the Omni Houston Hotel at Westside. We are very pleased to hear that overall you had such an enjoyable visit and that you found our staff to be so fantastic. We are disappointed to hear of some of the shortcomings of your experience but glad these did not detract from the overall enjoyment of your stay and we do hope to see you again soon if your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hotel met and exceeded our expectations.
We got the best price for a 4-star hotel.
Hotel is conveniently located near major highway, but had no issue with noise. It also provides free parking.
Staff is helpful and professional.
Our room condition was marvelous.
Overall, it was a very pleasant stay.
We will definitely come back.
The only comment I have is the hot water took a good five minutes running in the early evening shower on the fifth floor. In the early mornings, it didn't take as long.

Room Tip: You may want to give yourself some time before taking a shower, as it may take "quite some time" to get hot water running on the top floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to submit a review of your recent stay at the Omni Houston Hotel at Westside. We are very pleased you found so many aspects of your experience to be exceptional, especially the level of service you received from our staff. We appreciate your feedback and do hope to see you again soon!