“A great stay!”

Ranked #42 of 516 Hotels in Houston
Boston, Massachusetts
“A great stay!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hotel met and exceeded our expectations.
We got the best price for a 4-star hotel.
Hotel is conveniently located near major highway, but had no issue with noise. It also provides free parking.
Staff is helpful and professional.
Our room condition was marvelous.
Overall, it was a very pleasant stay.
We will definitely come back.
The only comment I have is the hot water took a good five minutes running in the early evening shower on the fifth floor. In the early mornings, it didn't take as long.

Room Tip: You may want to give yourself some time before taking a shower, as it may take "quite some time...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to submit a review of your recent stay at the Omni Houston Hotel at Westside. We are very pleased you found so many aspects of your experience to be exceptional, especially the level of service you received from our staff. We appreciate your feedback and do hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a hotel with a split personality - the amenities and the rooms themselves are fine. The staff is friendly and the food is OK - it is a very busy business hotel though. However, the rooms that front the freeway are like sleeping on the side of the road with all the noise from heavy trucks decellearating at 1 AM, 2AM, 3AM, and then there is the rubbish collection with a truck that beeps when reversing at about 4 AM and all the clanking of the bottles into the recycling truck - moved to another hotel after one night. Have got to sleep more than 2 hours a night.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the rubbish collection and the highway - it is terrible over there.
1 Thank JimOB1
Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your feedback. We are very disappointed to hear that your stay at our property was not enjoyable and sincerely apologize for the noise levels and the disruption of sleep they created. We would love the opportunity to speak with you in more detail about your stay and have the opportunity to see you again. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at ddelk@omnihotels.com and I look forward to hearing from you.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 21, 2013

As a select guest, I decide to stay at this location for my work week in Houston.

The GOOD:

The food at Cafe On the Lake is great -- breakfast buffet or placing an order for omelettes. Dinner was outstanding; the scallops and 8oz fillet were absolutely heavenly. I would definitely The male Latino staff seem very friendly regardless of position. The fitness center was tiny, humid but adequate and often crowded. Black Gold was a fun filled with oil-rig workers. The most beautiful section of the hotel was the lake with the fattest coy fish you've ever seen. They were always ready for feeding.

Upon arrival, I was greeted with a smile as I pulled my room key and went right to my room. I was satisfied with although there was no view from my 5th floor window. The room was a good size and I really like the privacy entrance.

The Cons:
from a Business perspective-

The phone(s) in my room did not have speaker which made it difficult to have conference call from my room -- i had to use my mobile phone and often encountered feedback.

Maintenance requesting to check the tub in the middle of day when I had not reported an issue and interrupting my siesta.

The valet would not open my car do until he was certain I was a hotel guest using the valet service (I always valet). Whom, not to mention I just saw gassing up at the petro station across the street. LOL

Unfortunately, I noticed that during my stay at the hotel the front counter staff and never said good morning evening have a good day for that matter. Whenever I called for valet I was always left on hold for more than 10 minutes and there was never an attendant available when you arrived to the lobby to retrieve my vehicle.

From a personal conform level:

The signage and hotel staff direct you to 2nd floor to access the gym (right of the elevators, past the corridor of rooms, down and stairwell exit that led outside to the pool and then you need your key to get back in to the lobby as the entrance is beyond the conference rooms -- in the lobby. This design did not put guest safety first a I often work out in the early AM and it is usually dark and most guest are sleeping.

One morning will at the gym room service did deliver my breakfast early. Of course when it was re-delivered it was frozen. However, the restaurant manager made up for it with a dinner at the Cafe on Lake which again was on par with some of the best meals I have experienced. I would say if I had a choice between this Omni location and the one near the Galleria, I would stay at the Galleria for a few more $$$.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and for being a loyal Omni Select Guest member! We are happy to hear you found the front desk arrival experience and the on-site dining options to be such pluses during your recent stay but disappointed to learn of some of the missteps that occurred. As an experienced traveler, we understand how critical these details can be to ensure you have a flawless experience and we apologize for the ways in which we missed the mark. Once again, thank you for providing us with this valuable feedback and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you as our guest again.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 19, 2013

A two-night stay with an 18-hour workday wedged in between turned me into a shower-and-bed guest, but I did hear others talk about the coffeemakers, and the TV was larger than expected, but I can only assume it works.
Shower -- one of the first hotels I've visited where the water takes 30-45 seconds to warm up, and the pressure was what it was.
Bed -- very comfy, but the high thread count on the sheets make me prone to overheat around 3AM. Again, this is probably just me.
Staff -- chased me upstairs in an adjacent elevator when I left something at the front desk. Good people!

Room Tip: One of the elevators was very noisy when I was there - will be remedied soon, I hope - but inaudible...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We are delighted to hear that although your time to enjoy the hotel amenities was limited, your stay overall was very pleasant. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
San Jose, California
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This very large property on the west side of Houston is a fine place to spend the night. Was upgraded to a corner room possibly due to status, and despite a really affordable special rate. Very comfortable King bed, perfect sleep, all facilities in order, shower over tub, nice tiles, attention to detail, flat screen TV. Room key was waiting at reception as a result of electronic preregistration. The hotel has ample free parking, it can take a while to get to this place during rush hour though. Internet was free (for select guest club members, can join free) and very reliable. The outside pool looked inviting, but it was a chilly day. There was also a fitness center (did not try). Instread of two complimentary drinks delivered to your room, you can take the order form to the Morsels shop and pickup coffee/orange juice to go. Shop open 6am - 8pm, although noone was able to confirm that, and there are no posted hours.
There was a minor surprise when some water dripped through the ceiling above the bathtub, seems like the guest/s above let their tub overflow a little. Notified front desk, but it was so minor that it did not require immediate attention, and there was no noise. Maintenance visit was offered but no need, just wanted to sleep. The design of building encompasses lots of open-space, probably perfect for conferences/weddings/meetings.
Would not hesitate to recommend to stay here again.
PS: A minor note, was quite dismayed to see that my freenight certificate had vanished from my SelectGuest account. If you get one, use it right away or it will decay. The SelectGuest program is not at all like priorityclub where 'points never expire'. It is admittedly a different league of hotel though.

Room Tip: Occasional specials are a great deal. AAA otherwise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! We are very pleased to hear you were able to enjoy so many aspects of our property during your recent stay and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Houston.
Carrollton, Texas
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Was at the hotel recently. Generic business hotel - don't get me wrong, it was nice. But it was a generic business travelers hotel in the nicer range of hotels. It was convenient for the convention but nothing outstanding.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
DanielDelk, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel Westside, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to provide us your feedback. We are glad that overall your stay was nice but disappointed you found it a bit generic. We definitely try to break the mold of a standard business hotel and do hope you discover more outstanding aspects of our property when you stay with us again.
Texas
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful facility - beautiful rooms. This hotel is conveniently located for most anything in West Houston. Nicely decorated and excellent staff made for a wonderful stay. The only "gotcha" is the cost of breakfast - save the $18 and go to a local restaurant instead. Otherwise a delight to visit.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your review and for choosing the Omni Houston Hotel at Westside. We are pleased you had such a delightful stay!