“Love the fish pond!!!!”

Omni Houston Hotel Westside
Ranked #45 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My Mom and I stay here every year for our annual convention. I must say my favorite part of this Hotel is the fish pond in the lobbby and the see through elevators, pretty cool. I work front desk at a 4 diamond property in Galveston the San Luis Resort, and I must say that your front desk is top notch. The AAA 4 diamond award isn't just handed to anyone. Great job staff I can't wait till next year.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Dmulababy
There are newer reviews for Omni Houston Hotel Westside

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I stayed here for my 24th wedding anniversary and I must say, me and my wife thoroughly enjoyed it! I bought their romance package, which included sparkling wine on each night, along with petit fours and nice snack tray. We also enjoyed a Sunday Brunch as part of the package and that was about a $70 value for 2! My understanding is that they did a lot of renovations here, but the room was a bit small to me for an Omni. Other than that, this was worth it to see my wife smiling and relaxed!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank econotraveller41
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Not the typical Omni experience I am accustomed to. It was extremely hot on the 5th floor. Our room tv was not working and they couldn't resolve the issue until the next day. We were concerned about the location but proved to be a non issue. Overall I would still recommend.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MMJones09
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I have been traveling to Houston for business for some time. I have tried most hotels and have found the Omni to be fairly decent 4-star hotel. The hotel has large open space areas and larger than normal rooms. Things are very clean and the cleaning staff does pay attention to little things. All in all, it is a great hotel for the money and it is a stone-throw-away from the downtown area. If you are a gym-enthusiast, you may be a little disappointed. The treadmills need maintenance and the weight equipment needs updating.

Room Tip: Pick the lower floors in the summer. The hotel has a large atrium and heat tends to accumulate in th...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Visiting a Company on the Katy Freeway? Then this hotel will suit your needs perfectly. I stayed in a large comfortable and very quiet room - impeccably clean - with large well appointed bathroom. All the hotel facilities you would expect from a high end hotel with service second to none. Very helpful staff. Cannot wait to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank tobyjake
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We have stayed at multiple Omni locations in the past. This past visit we were celebrating our anniversary. The check-in process was great. The room appeared great. I thought the champagne and chocolate covered strawberries were a very nice touch. We checked in and quickly left for an evening out on the town. Upon returning to the hotel, we discovered what could best be described as soiled, bodily fluids on our sheets. Since it was past midnight, we didn't call down to complain. I know the Omni hasn't built a great reputation on having linens that are stained. I took the Omni's online survey AND personally emailed the Omni Westside over my problem. I still have not received any correspondence back form them....a little disappointing.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bluebellguy
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Stayed here twice this year whilst on business and very impressed. Rooms are large, spotlessly clean with a very comfortable bed. As others have mentioned, they are a little dated style wise and the AC can be a little loud, but absolutely nothing that should put you off. There is a coffee maker in the room and the coffee provided is pretty decent. Staff were great, friendly and efficient in all departments. I used the bar and restaurant and the food was very good and I thought reasonably priced for the standard of hotel. The Omni frequent guest program is well worth joining as it entitles the guest to complimentary internet. Overall very good value and I would defintely book again if in the Energy Corridor on business.

Room Tip: Personally, I would avoid the rooms facing the Katy Freeway as I'm a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business