“A team of people that go above and beyond”

Houston Marriott West Loop by The Galleria
Ranked #43 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 9, 2013

The staff at this conveniently located hotel is amazing. We did not meet one person who wasn't friendly and eager to please. Kindness is every where! Amber is especially caring and full of surprises! She helped make our anniversary trip extra special! The hotel is within walking distance to many restaurants and stores, but there is also a shuttle. The location is great. Sadly, I have to report that you can hear outside traffic in the rooms. We were on a high floor and could hear cars all night. Ear plugs might come in handy. Despite this, the warmth of the staff and great location make this hotel a winner!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Houston Marriott West Loop by The Galleria

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We paid nearly US$ 500 per night for rooms at this hotel during the busy OTC week. I am not satisfied that this was value for money, however, it really was a case of you take what you get.

The hotel was perfectly acceptable if you were paying about a third of what we were paying.

I would probably pick a different hotel if I were visiting in future, but sometimes you don't really have a choice...

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been wanting to write a review for this hotel for sometime, but due to busy work schedule had been putting it off. But it's certainly time for me to give this place a shout out!

I have been staying in this hotel for the past two years on extended stay basis, typically from 3-4 weeks per stay. My fiancé and I are both Marriott Platinum members and we have been staying in different Marriott hotels over the years but not one came close to offering the excellent service and hospitality like the staff at West Loop. The front desk knows us by names and the check-in is exceptionally fast. They practically have the key waiting for you as soon as you walk into the lobby when you have your booking done online prior to your arrival. There are just too many good stuff going on for this hotel; let me break it down to several aspects:

1) The super Marriott bed - once you sleep on one, you will find it hard to sleep on other bed because it is just sooooo comfy! I find it really hard to part with this bed everytime my alarm rings at 6:30 am!
2) The 6 star service - from the housekeeping ladies, to the front desk staff to the fantastic ladies at the Alexander who knows exactly how my fiance and I like our breakfast, to the chirpy and helpful Amber who works at the 12th floor lounge, and the boys who takes you around with the shuttle service; you can really feel that they go out of their to way to make you feel at home!
3) Free shuttle service - the hotel offers free shuttle service to places nearby the Galleria area. I find that really convenient whenever i need to pop over to the mall or to a restaurant nearby and not having to worry for parking.
4) Food - two thumbs up to the spicy chicken wings, the Marriott burger, bread and butter pudding and steak!!! Never fail to order one of these for room service during my month long stay!
5) Location! Location! Location! - the hotel is close by to Galleria mall where you can almost get everything you need under one roof, there is even a tax free shopping office in the mall if you are a foreign visitor and did lots of shopping:), so it is very convenient, and then there are so many good restaurants closeby along the Westheimer stretch; Japanese, Brazilian, Mexican, Greek, Thai; they have it all. My favorite cupcake store, Crave is just around the corner at the Uptown!

Unfortunately, my fiancé and I have decided to reduced traveling in our jobs this year, so we truly miss the hospitality that we get from our stay in the Marriott West Loop. We also dearly miss the familiar faces of the staff who work there. We think that the management must have done something right to keep the staff happy working there; so keep it up and we look forward to our next visit in the near future.

Room Tip: For those who really like a quiet sleep, request for rooms from level 1 - 4 (i think) that are faci...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Outstanding cooperation from Nelda & Scott. Excellent recommendations on DJ & florist. Attentive staff. Accommodated a custom menu. Food was served timely & hot. As father of the bride I could not have asked for a more professional or helpful staff or a better prepared & presented meal. Location for out of town guests was very good. Rooms were comfortable. Bar was friendly and helpful - no sports bar atmosphere - more like a local bar.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2013

If you are considering having a function or an event at a hotel, the banquet manager Kaleb Clark is amazing! He and his staff go above and beyond to make sure your even goes off without a hitch. I would highly recommend staying and planning your next even with him!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Although concurrently undergoing remodel construction, the staff is doing their best to alleviate
any problems associated with this "redo"! I imagine it will be quite nice when completed. The location is great if you are interested in shopping at the Galleria. There are excellent choices
of restuarants nearby as well. Marriott rooms are always very clean with great linens and good
service. This hotel's restuarant and breakfast choices leave a little to be desired however. Overall the stay was good. We were there to attend a wedding.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for the OTC show in Houston last week. The hotel is good enough; my room was a reasonable size with a very comfortable bed. One drawback was that the road noise from the I-610 was distracting. The bar and restaurant were ok without being spectacular although there is an excellent choice of restaurants within walking distance. A small gym and a sauna are on the 2nd floor and a room seating approx. 30 people is available on the 12th floor to do work, hold small informal discussions, etc. The hotel also has a swimming pool.

A free shuttle bus ran every 20 minutes or so from the hotel to the show at the Reliant Arena and the hotel also ran a free car service to within 3 miles of the hotel. The Galleria shopping mall is very close to the hotel.

Overall, it was decent enough although the price of $590 per night including taxes was a little steep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not look onto the freeway.