“Love the location and bar staff”

Houston Marriott West Loop by The Galleria
Ranked #58 of 507 Hotels in Houston
San Diego, California, USA
“Love the location and bar staff”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I visit Houston often for work and stay here most of the time because of the proximity to the Galleria, Uptown, and the good restaurants in the area. Since I know practically no one in the city (except for boring co-workers) I usually head to the bar in the evenings. Fernando and Megan are excellent! No matter how busy or slow, they always take care of me...they're good people.

-Justin

Room Tip: use AAA for good discounts
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 20, 2012

When I walked in I was extremely impressed my manner in which the staff treated me. Service was excellent without being annoying. The staff "gets it". As a frequently business traveler I am used to rooms that feel merely comfortable and get the job done, but here in sharp contrast the furnishings were quite nice and superior to my expectations.

Room Tip: My room was on the third floor, next to the elevator, facing a big public area and I couldnt hear an...
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Since we visit Houston several times per year for business and pleasure, we have stayed at several Marriotts. This past visit we enjoyed our week at this hotel much more than other properties in the area. The staff were friendly and courteous, and Linda at front desk went out of her way to ensure we were given a nice, quiet room our second night. The executive lounge is very good, as we enjoyed it for breakfast, as well as the evenings with refreshments.

The location is outstanding for shopping and dining!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
League City, Texas, USA
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stay here at least once a month on business. I've been very impressed with the bar staff at Fairways. They're always very professional and knowledgeable. Fernando Vasquez is a great bar tender who is at the top of his game no matter how busy the bar gets.

1 Thank Donelo L
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I've been a weekly business traveler the past 4 months and I cannot remember any single incident when the staff failed to make feel welcome and comfortable.
They consistently go above and beyond in making us - business travelers - feel at home.
A couple of days ago, they surprised me by delivering a delicious dessert and bottle of wine to my room in celebration of my upcoming birthday! I didn't even tell them!
I can only hope other hotels emulate such a great team.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms get more sun.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I am in a business breakfast group that meets at the restaurant every week. The staff is always very friendly in greeting me at the door when I arrive. Alice takes care of our group's food needs. She is an awesome waitress & goes over & beyond the call of duty! After meeting her one time, she remembered my name & always calls me by it every time she sees me! This is the kind of customer service I will always remember!

Dubai
Reviewed September 5, 2012

First time stayed at this hotel. Houston being not a tourist destination, Marriott had the added advantage of having free shuttle service to nearby locations - best being Galleria Mall.
Rooms were good. King bed was too big for room, queen bed would've been fine. Breakfast is nice. No free wi-fi in room which was a bummer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business