“Excellent value”

La Quinta Inn Houston Cy-Fair
Ranked #214 of 510 Hotels in Houston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 7, 2013

This hotel was an absolute joy and comfort during my rather short trip into the northwestern part of Houston,Texas.

For those of you who are familiar with riding the bus as transportation, then you know that there is one stop that is made before your next and final stop into the downtown Houston area. But for me, a friend spotted this hotel near the NW stop of the journey and so I booked it immediately for my next trip into the area.

Staff was just a peach. Kind, friendly, and always with a smile whenever they saw me.

The room was perfection. Clean, didn't have any foul odors, and was very easy to get around inside.

And as a bonus, the Harris County Smokehouse is conveniently nearby, as well as the Shell gas station for any of your dining needs or if you just need to pick up something that you may have forgotten. The aroma from the BBQ joint was intoxicating. BBQ lovers: take note.

I'll be choosing this hotel for future trips into that part of the Houston area for a long, long time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dambreaker
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had a great time at this hotel - it is an older location and has three stories which was sort of a pain for moving things in, but they made up for it with their beautiful rooms and great service! The rooms were nice and big and were well maintained.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I was greeted by a friendly clerk who processed by reservation quickly. My water and treat was in the room (elite rewards member), and the room was clean and neat. I arrived early and their were workers that were working on new landscaping, and they were noisy, but by 4:30pm they were cleaning up and everything was back to normal. The only issue that I had was the location of the motel, entrance and exit from the motel is very difficult.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Murfreesboro, Tennessee, USA
Reviewed November 11, 2012

First time stay, with plans to go back in the very near future. Older style with doors that open to the outside. Our room was on the first floor facing the distant freeway but we never heard any noise once we were inside. Being on this side allowed us to have quick trips for our dog on nearby grass. The room was large enough for the crate without feeling cramped. In the area for dogs, it was not marked nor had signs reminding dog owners to pick up after their pet. No baggies (although we always bring our own) and NO near-by trash can - this would be nice if it were put in.

The price was reasonable for room. The front desk staff at the time of check in seemed very unorganized. Breakfast was very simple. Overall the room was clean and that was the most important thing. We slept well in the king size bed.

Room Tip: If you have a pet ask for a room on the right side if facing the hotel, lots of green grass nearby.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank petfamily83
Longview, Texas
Reviewed November 3, 2012

It is an older hotel with the normal problems. Maintenance and housekeeping are "challenged". It was OK for me on a business trip. I probably wouldn't want to take the kids here or for a client to know how cheap I am. But I had what I needed and nothing was too far below "my" standards. The price was a little too high because it was a last minute weekend booking.
I reported a problem to the management and I believe the next guest won't need to deal with it. Man up if you have a problem! Communicate with the front desk and give them a chance to fix it.

Room Tip: You have railroad tracks on one side and a highway on the other. Don't park under the trees! The...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Marble Falls, Texas, USA
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My family and I stayed here while we were in town for a family wedding. The location was convenient to the wedding activites and very convenient to the highway which was great for traveling to and out of Houston. The price was reasonable. We received prompt, friendly service from the front desk personnel. Our room was clean and met our needs. The beds were very comfortable. I slept soundly and didn't want to get out of them in the mornings! The complimentary breakfast was not lavish, but had several choices and was adequate for our needs . For safety reasons, I usually prefer hotels with interior entrances to the rooms. This hotel did not have that which is probably the only negative I can think of. We did not have any problems, however, and never felt unsafe. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family