“La Quinta Cy-Fair”

Ranked #217 of 518 Hotels in Houston
A TripAdvisor Member
Kyle, Texas, USA
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I was greeted by a friendly clerk who processed by reservation quickly. My water and treat was in the room (elite rewards member), and the room was clean and neat. I arrived early and their were workers that were working on new landscaping, and they were noisy, but by 4:30pm they were cleaning up and everything was back to normal. The only issue that I had was the location of the motel, entrance and exit from the motel is very difficult.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 11, 2012

First time stay, with plans to go back in the very near future. Older style with doors that open to the outside. Our room was on the first floor facing the distant freeway but we never heard any noise once we were inside. Being on this side allowed us to have quick trips for our dog on nearby grass. The room was large enough for the crate without feeling cramped. In the area for dogs, it was not marked nor had signs reminding dog owners to pick up after their pet. No baggies (although we always bring our own) and NO near-by trash can - this would be nice if it were put in.

The price was reasonable for room. The front desk staff at the time of check in seemed very unorganized. Breakfast was very simple. Overall the room was clean and that was the most important thing. We slept well in the king size bed.

Room Tip: If you have a pet ask for a room on the right side if facing the hotel, lots of green grass nearby.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank petfamily83
Reviewed November 3, 2012

It is an older hotel with the normal problems. Maintenance and housekeeping are "challenged". It was OK for me on a business trip. I probably wouldn't want to take the kids here or for a client to know how cheap I am. But I had what I needed and nothing was too far below "my" standards. The price was a little too high because it was a last minute weekend booking.
I reported a problem to the management and I believe the next guest won't need to deal with it. Man up if you have a problem! Communicate with the front desk and give them a chance to fix it.

Room Tip: You have railroad tracks on one side and a highway on the other. Don't park under the trees! The...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2012

My family and I stayed here while we were in town for a family wedding. The location was convenient to the wedding activites and very convenient to the highway which was great for traveling to and out of Houston. The price was reasonable. We received prompt, friendly service from the front desk personnel. Our room was clean and met our needs. The beds were very comfortable. I slept soundly and didn't want to get out of them in the mornings! The complimentary breakfast was not lavish, but had several choices and was adequate for our needs . For safety reasons, I usually prefer hotels with interior entrances to the rooms. This hotel did not have that which is probably the only negative I can think of. We did not have any problems, however, and never felt unsafe. Overall, a good experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2012

This is the worst place I have payed to stay.....motel 6 is better than this place.....The rooms are out dated , smells are discusting and the shsower had a moldy looking substance in the tile grout,noisy pipes and movement around the outside of our room all night. I wasn't expecting the taj mahal but next time i'll pay the extra 40.00 to stay at a mariott...BEWARE OF THIS PLACE........

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 weeks while on a cross country trip to see family. Helen, the General Manager and her front desk team went out of their way to make me, my son and our 6 year old labradoodle dog feel welcome. The location is near lots of restaurants and convenient acces to highways.
I would definitely go back for another stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a very convenient location for travel from Houston to Austin. The staff is very friendly! The continental breakfast offers plenty of choices and the rooms are nice, mine had a flat screen TV, mini-frig and microwave. This is an older La Quinta but the value for the price is exceptional.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Southwest
Best Western Windsor Suites
#245 of 518 in Houston
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Cypress
Red Roof Inn Houston - Brookhollow

Been to La Quinta Inn Houston Cy-Fair? Share your experiences!