“Go to another location”

La Quinta Inn Houston Cy-Fair
Ranked #213 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This location is horrible. It's noisy and I didn't get any sleep at all. I heard the freeway noise, the barking dog in the next room, the crying baby, the dump truck picking up trash. Although the bed was comfortable the location sucks.

• Stayed: November 2011

Reviewed August 11, 2011

My hubby kids and 6 mo old puppy stayed here last week because it looked ok nice on the outside but don't be fooled. This place treated us horribly and made us ill 3 times ...(The comp breakfast is spoiled rotten milk don't drink it you will be so sorry!) We had 2 joining rooms, but they refused to clean any of them because of our puppy that was in a kennel btw. We would have been happy to take him for a walk. The lady at the desk asked my husband if he could read and that our kids were "annoying and bothering her and they only go in for breakfast which made us all sick everyday..
All we did was go down to the office and ask if they could send the maid up and why she keeps skipping our room. She yelled at us for no reason, insulted me my husband and family and she felt intittled guess you can get the girl out the ghetto but you cant take it out the girl.lol

Her crazy explosion started with...

"Can you read" ...
(she said to my husband that owns and very successful oil co. ) we were so chocked this woman was latterly yelling at us and up in my husband face for no reason, he was so nice to this crazy lady! This crazy woman has no bus working anywhere with customers or people...She was just so mean and horrible she should be fired for treating paying customers trying to stay here so horrible...several people saw this. My jaw dropped!
She then she raised her voice and tore into us saying our kids are horrible, messy which they're not at all, how would they know she never sent a maid!, Then she started throwing insults, told my family my Kids are " annoying "(yes she actually said this) and my kids are well behaved and stayed by us the entire time. She accused us of having our 6 mo old puppy him run around the property making people complain when our dog stayed on a leash or in a kennel the entire time.??? They claim to be pet friendly...they advertise it! We asked for the managers # and she said " Oh he** no I'm not giving you the number to report me, then something bout how dumb she thought he is. So we got it ourselves online to complain but everyone passed us around to 5 different people before telling us no one is going to do anything to her they don't have the authority. Shame on you La Quinta Inn, you suck!

We moved to doubletree for the rest of our stay, Luxury bout the same price too maybe less for us because they are so big we only need one room instead of 2. Happy with DoubleTree, go there instead!

Room Tip: stay far away!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 11, 2011

This is my worst experience in La Quinta! After we have dinner and went back to the hotel, we found that the TV was only a line and when we tried to call the front desk, we found that the phone was NO connected! A room that we paid more than 60 dollars without TV and Phone it's a SHAME! I tried to send a mail to La Quinta HQ and I got so many "problems" in the writing that I quieted. Sorry for La Quinta, I was a frequent user (we travel a lot in Texas) but after what happen, we'll try some other chain!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MeryandLeo
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Was an OK room, but carpet looked old. There was some mold in the sealant around the tub and the top of the shower area.
Hard to get to from FM1960, watch for BBQ joint parking lot in front.
The staff was a bit frustrated and confused at check in.
The shower head was puny. Wash cloths and towels very thin.
Might stay again, but they need some touch up on the bathrooms and new carpet.
Old style LQ with outside doors and VING card keys.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 15, 2011

My parents and I stayed in this hotel one night after visiting my son nearby. Our car was broken into in broad daylight as we checked out and ate the continental breakfast. The officer that responded to our call stated that this hotel had had 4 similar incidents in the last 30 days. The thief watches you load your car and then steals anything of value. Laptop computers are particularly vulnerable. The officer also said that the hotel refused to install security cameras. The risk department contacted me and said that they have security on site and had a completely bogus understanding of what happened which leads me to believe that the thief could actually work for the hotel. In my opinion the risk is not worth the cheap price of the room. The personal property lost was valued in excess of $4000.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Sherry1959
Reviewed January 24, 2011

The hotel was very clean and all of the staff was wonderful. Although the hotel is practically right by the freeway, it was very quiet. I especially appreciated the extra blanket folded on the bed, usually I have to beg for one in hotels. Gloria (at the reception counter) cheerfully handed me extra coffee bags when I asked. The breakfast was the usual food, yogurt, boiled eggs, waffles, etc., clean and promptly filled. I definitely would stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Worst hotel I've ever stayed in and if it had not of been so late I would have left. My daughter walked across the floor bare footed and her feet immediately turned black. We had to all wear socks the whole time and I had to throw them away when we left. The shower would not drain. There were spiders everywhere and the room would not cool. It is is a great location but next time I will spend the extra 10 dollars to stay in a nicer hotel next door.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family