“I was robbed - Do not stay here!”

La Quinta Inn Houston Cy-Fair
Ranked #223 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 15, 2011

My parents and I stayed in this hotel one night after visiting my son nearby. Our car was broken into in broad daylight as we checked out and ate the continental breakfast. The officer that responded to our call stated that this hotel had had 4 similar incidents in the last 30 days. The thief watches you load your car and then steals anything of value. Laptop computers are particularly vulnerable. The officer also said that the hotel refused to install security cameras. The risk department contacted me and said that they have security on site and had a completely bogus understanding of what happened which leads me to believe that the thief could actually work for the hotel. In my opinion the risk is not worth the cheap price of the room. The personal property lost was valued in excess of $4000.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Sherry1959

Reviewed January 24, 2011

The hotel was very clean and all of the staff was wonderful. Although the hotel is practically right by the freeway, it was very quiet. I especially appreciated the extra blanket folded on the bed, usually I have to beg for one in hotels. Gloria (at the reception counter) cheerfully handed me extra coffee bags when I asked. The breakfast was the usual food, yogurt, boiled eggs, waffles, etc., clean and promptly filled. I definitely would stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2010

Worst hotel I've ever stayed in and if it had not of been so late I would have left. My daughter walked across the floor bare footed and her feet immediately turned black. We had to all wear socks the whole time and I had to throw them away when we left. The shower would not drain. There were spiders everywhere and the room would not cool. It is is a great location but next time I will spend the extra 10 dollars to stay in a nicer hotel next door.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 8, 2010

Just got home from a stay here. It was great staff VERY friendly. I gave the room the sock test and they were still white. Lots of pillows very soft bed. The only sleep issue I had was when the room reached its temp the air conditioner stopped and the room got too quite. The breakfast was good we got there at 9:40 and they refilled so we could eat

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 11, 2009

We arrived in Houston for a week stay with extended family. The IAH airport is about 40 minutes away from this place. When we arrived we were promptly checked in by the front desk clerk, who was very polite and cheerful. The hotel lobby is large, cheerful, with a large TV screen and lots of tables. This is where you will eat your free continental breakfast while watching the news. The parking was plentiful, open and well lit. The outside is pretty non-descript and the pool area is nice, with lots of chairs, umbrellas and palm trees. Every morning the manager came out to check the water and adjust levels as needed. We got into the room and the rugs were vacuumed, the beds were made nicely and smelled of hotel laundry soap. The air conditioner worked great and kept us cool all night. There was also a little desk with the hookup cables for your computer to hook up to the internet. The bathtub and toilet were clean, with a few bathtowels and washcloths hanging overhead. There was a little shampoo bottle and two bar soaps, but that's it. No conditioner. But this is a no frills hotel. Overall, we needed a clean and comfy room to spend our visit and we got that for a really good price! Be warned that the surrounding area of the hotel is full of restaurants and places to eat, but no commercial areas to buy clothes, shoes, etc. You will need to search for those, luckily the highway is right next door, easy to hop on and go look for adventure.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2009

Stayed here for 3 weeks in June 09. Place is very clean and quiet despite close proximity to the highway. Staff are very friendly, breakfast is basic and does the trick. Next to a bar but no real disturbance heard from there. Very handy for local restaurants. Would be happy to stay here again. PS Houston is very very HOT in June.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2009

In town for club volleyball tournament at Tornado's location. Stayed 2 nights at LQ Cy Fair. Pro's - Staff very friendly, breakfast satisfactory, close to v-ball location. Con's - exterior entrance to rooms, horrible shower (weak pressure, shower head for little people), beds not comfortable, ac loud and did not cool room, bathroom floor needed to be swept. I would only recommend this hotel if last resort.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#243 of 518 in Houston
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston West at Clay Road
Red Roof Inn Houston - Brookhollow
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Cypress
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston Northwest
La Quinta Inn & Suites Houston West Park 10

Been to La Quinta Inn Houston Cy-Fair? Share your experiences!