“Finest Experience I've had in a LONG time”
Review of Days Inn Houston

Days Inn Houston
Ranked #311 of 516 Hotels in Houston
PHOENIX
“Finest Experience I've had in a LONG time”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The manager of this hotel obviously took pride in customer service and customer experience. I found an extra pillow on my bed, the air conditioner was on, every inch of that hotel was spotless. I had the best two nights sleep of my life. I can afford to say in "luxury" hotels if it makes sense and chose this Days Inn because of its closeness to my dentist, etc. I could have sworn I was in a luxury hotel because of the care, cleanliness, customer service, etc. I will always stay here even if I am given a choice of another hotel. Thank you for remembering what customer service is sir!
The Thompsons

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
KILLEEN
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The employees or owners were absolutely wonderful, polite, helpful and concerned for my safety and feeling secure

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

DALLAS
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The room was comfortable and sheet look and smell clean. The only thing I did not like was the floor of the bathtub was stained, it look dirty.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed here for quick budget vacation. Nothing really bad but I would stay somewhere a little better if I ever go back. There were more 'questionable' people staying here. Difficult to see the hotel from service road. Room was fairly clean. Towels need to be cleaned better. Bathroom is small and tub is high or something. You have to step up. I guess and older hotel with improvements. We didn't get to use the poo, didn't get to it. The air conditioners make puddles of water on the walkways. The continental breakfast was not very good, which is always a priority when traveling with kids. The second day we skipped it and went elsewhere. When we went town at 8 there was only a little food, asked the lady to restock it, she brought out 6 honeybuns, that's it. If you absolutely must save money, stay here. If you have kids and want a more secure feeling and amenities stay elsewhere. Also the picture of the lobby looks huge, it's tiny. The traveler picture look professional and are not that hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

It looked newly remodeled but there was mold in the shower that gave me a horrible cough, the headboard fell off the wall multiple times. And the housekeeper took our pizza and threw it away. :( the neighborhood isn't very safe but it's close to attractions. Breakfast was also very minimal and charged for coffee. I would not return.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Beemer_G
Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The room was clean and nice. The only staff I met, Neal, was super nice. The pool was clean and fun. The only downfall was that it was a no smoking room and smelled heavily of it. I'm sure they would have switched our room but we only stayed one night so didn't bother to say anything. We got our reservation the day of and everything was great.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank bobshallprevail
Houston, TEXAS
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I've stayed here on five occasions while traveling. Only once have I encountered a room that did not meet expectations in terms of upkeep.

Other than that, the rooms are very clean and well kept and nicely decorated. The sheets and pillows are very nice. I've slept there very well with no interruptions of any kind with the exception of the alarm clock. The furniture is what you would expect in a value hotel: not terribly old, not ugly, not glamorous and everything works.

Breakfast: It's continental, it's fair and it's free. Love the waffles!

Great access to the freeways HWY 290 (Northwest Freeway) and I-610 (the inner city loop). The Galleria and downtown areas are not very far from the hotel however, always plan around rush hour traffic as this IS Houston.

Unless you are traveling on a romantic getaway, I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

1 Thank ASB1-2012
cnagin2003, Owner at Days Inn Houston, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thanks for your response and nice comments for us. See you again soon!