“Drugs, hookers, pimps and a manager that encourages it.”

Stay Express Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #439 of 511 Hotels in Houston
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Drugs, hookers, pimps and a manager that encourages it.”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I've stayed here on and off for years. Over that last month or so it has slid so far down hill the best thing they can do is burn it down and start over. It has now become an Indian run motel, and that should say enough, but I will elaborate just so no one misunderstands.

The room was dirty even though I had to wait to check in. There was a used condom on the floor by the bed, there was ashes stuck to a mystery liquid all over the table. The sheets were never changed, just remade and not even very good at that. The wifi is down, according to the night lady it has been down for months and they have no intent on fixing it. There are lights out all over the place, so the steps are dark as well as the ice machine area.

The trash can was over run and smelly, there are people who walk around all of the time pimping girls, selling crack and asking for money and cigarettes. I saw one of the pimps laughing with the manager. I know he was a pimp because he asked me if I needed company.

There were no towels, one wash cloth that was black and about a quarter roll of toiler paper. Used soap in the shower, good thing because that was the only soap in my room.

The Indian maid came to my room with a roll of toilet paper and a dirty towel and then asked me for a tip. I kid you not! She wanted 5 bucks for delivering it to my door! The phone in the room didn't work so when I went to the office to speak to the manager about a refund the girl told me that he didn't speak to guests about complaints. I handed her my key and called my credit card company to inform them that if I was charged for more than one night, I was disputing the charges, sure enough they called me back and told me I had been charged for THREE nights, when I was there but one.

I called cooperate and told them my experience and the guy said that this property has changed hands and since then they have had so many unresolved complaints I was really wasting my time. He told me that there were over 20 complaints on file for January alone.

It used to be a decent place but now with the new management it has gone straight down hill as their properties tend it. It is almost like a contest to them to see how fast they can run a place in the ground.

This management takes home the gold. Any further down and the vice squad will have it up for auction, oh did I mention I did take the liberty to record the manager with the pimp and pass it along to them?

Room Tip: Stay someplace else!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I stayed at this location for three days. Upon entering my room I found there was no TV remote control. I found three disposable razor covers in the bathroom. One in the bathtub and two on the bathroom floor. There were pubic hairs on the bathroom floor. The shade on one of bedside lamps was torn up, and the lamp had a green bulb in it. Go figure.

There was no "Do Not Disturb" placard in the room. I was working nights and did NOT want to be disturbed by housekeeping in the morning. I went to the front desk and asked for a Do Not Disturb hangar for my door. I was told they did not have any. I requested that they notify housekeeping that I was a day sleeper and to not disturb me. Lo and behold, housekeeping woke me up at 9:00 am, knocking on my door. I was NOT happy. I will never stay at this motel again. Pitiful!!

• Stayed February 2014
EAST MEADOW
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Awful property, only thing worth mentioning is close proximity to Hobby airport - although there are several other places as close or closer that would be better choices.
Location easy to miss, as the place is located off of the main highway behind a Mexican restaurant, with only a small roadside sign to direct you in.
Front desk staff somewhat confused and easily distracted, seemed to be having issues with the computer reservation system. Finally got that straightened out, and went to the room.
Room itself was not clean; carpet soiled and dirty, very worn out. Armchair next to bed threadbare and stained, dusty and disgraceful. Bedding marginally clean, but bedspread had odd scent to it, sort of a combination of mustiness, air freshener, and mildew. Bathroom clean at first glance, but further inspection showed dirty floor, broken tub stopper, stains and what appear to be burns on tub; toilet bowl not clean, sink and floor marginally clean. Towels worn and rough.
Roughly 20 minutes after check in, someone opened the door with a key, claiming they had been assigned to the room. Fortunately I had the security chain on and they did not come in. However, they pushed so hard on the door, that it was obvious that the door could be forced open if one was determined.
Internet in room did not work, was told 'the router is down, please come to the Lobby to use the internet'. I was told they were working on the problem, but by the time I checked out the next day the internet was still not working.
Overall, dirty, sketchy, not in a good area, several nasty looking characters were hanging around when I got back from dinner, and I slept very uneasily.
Stay away.

Room Tip: To get a good room, choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business