“The pictures on line were much nicer then the actual room...”

Stay Express Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #437 of 507 Hotels in Houston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

The first time I sent this trip advisor said I need first hand experience .I am staying here right now Wi-Fi seldom works maids r rude price ok pets welcome.I wish I wasn't stuck here but am till I work it out

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Donflat
Bay
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The hotel is located behind other business on the frontage road for I-45. The surrounding area isn't the best looking neighborhood. The hotel is older and has a "dated" look to it. That being said, we had a pleasant stay; the staff was courteous and the room was clean.

Upon arrival, the room we had reserved had not yet been cleaned, so they upgraded us to a King Suite. The suite was large and comfortable. The decor could use an update, but it was adequate. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

The hotel provides breakfast, with pastries, cereal, and a toaster for the bread, bagels and waffles. The breakfast area was pretty crowded at times, and is a bit small, considering the size of the hotel. They also provide free wifi, though I wouldn't call it "high speed".

If you're using the hotel as a launching point for other activities, and just need a reasonably priced place to stay, I'd recommend it. But, if you are looking at it as a get-away, and plan to spend time there (using the swimming pool, etc.), then I would suggest getting away from the airport area and finding a location with more and updated amenities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The room was wonderful and big and the bed was very comfortable. However, the area was not so great to the point that they had an around the clock security guard and a window with a speaker you check in at if you're checking in after normal hours. It's very near the airport though, so that is convenient. The price was good on Priceline. Housekeeping did an awful job, didn't even empty the trash.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a ground floor as climbing the stairs outside is a bit rough. I couldn't f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Well I cannot tell you about the rooms because we did not make it that far. We got there around midnight on a Friday and first off had a very hard time finding it then when we got there we had to go to a window for assistance which was my first clue then there were some shady people in the parking lot. My husband who was in the car with our 4 year old called me and said get your money back we are not staying here. Of course my room was non refundable so the drunk guy behind me gave me $50 dollars and I left. As we were leaving there were about 20 men congregating around the property making lots of noise and looking at us. We just knew we were about to get robbed. We could not get away from there fast enough. Scary place and had I looked at the reviews on here I never would have booked it!!! AWFUL!

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Omg!!! Just got back from Texas. This was a nightmare from the min we arrived. Our first room smelled so bad they gave us another room. I had to buy candles. We found dog poop in our room. There were pets everywhere. Prostitutes and service was just terrible. It is cheap but dirty and would pay to stay at a well known hotel. I will NEVER go there again. Wish I would of knowm

• Stayed June 2013