Stay Express Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
Westin.com
$401
$260
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
$247
$289
$429
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Omni Houston Hotel Westside(Houston)
$158
$85
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The hotel is located behind other business on the frontage road for I-45. The surrounding area isn't the best looking neighborhood. The hotel is older and has a "dated" look to it. That being said, we had a pleasant stay; the staff was courteous and the room was clean.

Upon arrival, the room we had reserved had not yet been cleaned, so they upgraded us to a King Suite. The suite was large and comfortable. The decor could use an update, but it was adequate. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

The hotel provides breakfast, with pastries, cereal, and a toaster for the bread, bagels and waffles. The breakfast area was pretty crowded at times, and is a bit small, considering the size of the hotel. They also provide free wifi, though I wouldn't call it "high speed".

If you're using the hotel as a launching point for other activities, and just need a reasonably priced place to stay, I'd recommend it. But, if you are looking at it as a get-away, and plan to spend time there (using the swimming pool, etc.), then I would suggest getting away from the airport area and finding a location with more and updated amenities.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2013

The room was wonderful and big and the bed was very comfortable. However, the area was not so great to the point that they had an around the clock security guard and a window with a speaker you check in at if you're checking in after normal hours. It's very near the airport though, so that is convenient. The price was good on Priceline. Housekeeping did an awful job, didn't even empty the trash.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a ground floor as climbing the stairs outside is a bit rough. I couldn't find an elevator but there may have been one somewhere.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Well I cannot tell you about the rooms because we did not make it that far. We got there around midnight on a Friday and first off had a very hard time finding it then when we got there we had to go to a window for assistance which was my first clue then there were some shady people in the parking lot. My husband who was in the car with our 4 year old called me and said get your money back we are not staying here. Of course my room was non refundable so the drunk guy behind me gave me $50 dollars and I left. As we were leaving there were about 20 men congregating around the property making lots of noise and looking at us. We just knew we were about to get robbed. We could not get away from there fast enough. Scary place and had I looked at the reviews on here I never would have booked it!!! AWFUL!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Omg!!! Just got back from Texas. This was a nightmare from the min we arrived. Our first room smelled so bad they gave us another room. I had to buy candles. We found dog poop in our room. There were pets everywhere. Prostitutes and service was just terrible. It is cheap but dirty and would pay to stay at a well known hotel. I will NEVER go there again. Wish I would of knowm

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Mmuniz5712
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We got a great rate on this room. We needed something by the airport and this worked well. Our room was clean and we had no problems. there is a dresser, closet, and flat screened tv. Some rooms have micro/fridge you have to pay more and request. the pool is a good size for the hotel size. If you happen to get a room that isn't clean, go and request another. This wasnt the case for me here. However, has happened to me/us before at other properties. I go check in at front desk-with hubby in car with kids. I run up to room, ensure it is correct (right bed type, etc) and pull corner of bedding down to check for cleanliness/bugs. Then I give the "go" Saves time and problems.

Room Tip: Request fridge and micro if desired.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family