Stay Express Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #445 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I've stayed here over seven times and I'm pleased to say that the staff has been nice, rooms are clean beds are comfortable! It's close to the highway so easy to get anywhere in houston! I would stay here again!

Room Tip: stay by the pool and on first floor!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank chris g

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We chose this hotel as we had stayed there before and enjoyed it. The rooms have always been very clean and the location, alhough it is a little difficult to find (they now have a hugh sign since our last visit) is convenient to the freeway and being off just a little, helps to elminate the noise of the traffic. Would recommend hotel to anyone.
And, the price is very reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
1  Thank Betty B
Reviewed April 7, 2013

It's place is a dump, wait it would have to improve to be a dump. The staff needs to be fired, from the manager to the so called housekeepers. The room was filthy, the sheets were dirty and the towels had been used and hung up, the lipstick on the washcloth was a dead give away. The carpet was stained and smelled like mold. The manager didn't care, she was glad she had a home to go to and didn't have to stay here. The mini fridge had black mold and a pack of real old wilted lettuce and a jar of mystery stuff. Lights didn't all work and the remote was void of batteries. The ceiling had water bubbles in the tile, might have been where some of the mold smell was coming from. People were in the dirty pool screaming at 1 in the morning. Front desk wouldn't answer the phone. After 30 minutes I gave up and went out and told them to hold it down myself. Needless to say, the security there sucks. There was also something that looked suspiciously like blood all over the back of the bathroom door. If you choose to ignore al of the warnings and stay here anyway, take your phone off of the hook or it will ring all night with hookers and hang ups. The front desk ignores all room calls apparently so they are not much help with blocking your phone either.

Tis would be a heck of a place to start a motel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Adraina P
Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I read the reviews and was pretty worried about staying here. But everything was fine. The room was clean and mattresses looked new as did the sheets. I checked every morning and there was a security guard around the lobby area where I parked. Breakfast included waffles and French toast along with pastries and oatmeal. I did not notice any prostitutes or drug dealers. Upon check-in the clerk said all they had available at the moment was 3rd floor room, and I asked if something was wrong with that, and she said no but that some customers prefer first floor although they do have elevators. No evidence of roaches, mice or bugs in my room. The Mexican restaurant (la tapatia) in front of the hotel is ok, but no refills on the lemonade. There's a Denny's next door which is clean and nice staff. The Asian mall next to the hotel seems deserted and is either in construction or being demolished (couldn't tell which). Pool looked clean. Wifi worked better during the day than at night. I-45 going into downtown was very busy everyday even at 6 am although it cleared up after you pass 610 Loop. I can see how people could miss the 2 lite signs on the feeder because there's another sign blocking it. I am attaching a photo. After you pass Airport Blvd just drive slow and look for the sign. You will see it after you pass the deserted Asian mall on your right.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am staying at this hotel with my two sons for three days and find these other reviews so unfair. I booked this hotel thru Priceline and did not know which hotel I would get. After booking and then reading reviews I was more than concerned. I almost went straight to another place but since it was non refundable we tried it. The hotel is a little dated, but far from the shape the other reviews have stated. This is not the Marriott and why must we hold everything to that standard. For the price it certainly could of been a lot worse. As far as finding the place I was able to drive right to it. If you cant find it then your just an idiot. Area around it not Bel Aire but hey we're in Houston. No sign of the before mentioned crack heads or prostitutes anywhere. Just families by the pool. Give it a chance and don't read these morons reviews below. I would stay here again for the price, you get what you pay for and they delivered more than we payed for. Ps was able to walk right into the lobby at 9:00 at night so not sure what that person was talking about when stating he had to deal with desk clerk thru a window at 5:30.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TERGOLF
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This place is nothing short of a flop house. I stayed here 3 nights and witnessed drug dealers, hookers and a lot of very young unattended children by the pool. I called the office and told them that they had 4 and 6 year old kids running around the pool, and after 30 minutes no one from the office checked on them, they didn't even bother to stick their head out of the door and tell them to go back to their room.

The room I had smelled like old carpet and dog urine. They said they were booked and had no other rooms. The sheets had some sort of stain on them, the trash can still had the contents from the person before me, including used condoms. There was mold all over the tile in the bathroom and the bathroom vent was black with mold as well. The phone rang off the hook at all hours of the day and night with hookers calling to offer me their aids, I mean services. I had to take my phone off of the hook to get some sleep.

This is absolutely not the place you want to stay if you are any sort of a decent human at all. I am staying in Houston for about a week, and I have moved to the Drury Inn. If you want to stay by Hobby, stay at the Drury Inn. There is a full breakfast and munchies at night. The rooms at the Drury are spotless and smell great. The a/c is working great and not noisy like at the Baymont.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Hugley R
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Crack heads, pimps and prostitution live there permanently. They have 20 rooms rented out to this element. My truck broke into and 700.00 dollars damage to fix. Police wrote report and said this place is a problem and management will not work with the police to clean it up. No security cameras, bad lighting, and block driveway to prevent police from doing a drive though. Employees were nice but concerned about there safety and front doorto lobby is locked at 5:00 pm. Do not and I repeat do not stay at this hotel unless you want drugs and maybe a prostitute.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business