Stay Express Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #450 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am staying at this hotel with my two sons for three days and find these other reviews so unfair. I booked this hotel thru Priceline and did not know which hotel I would get. After booking and then reading reviews I was more than concerned. I almost went straight to another place but since it was non refundable we tried it. The hotel is a little dated, but far from the shape the other reviews have stated. This is not the Marriott and why must we hold everything to that standard. For the price it certainly could of been a lot worse. As far as finding the place I was able to drive right to it. If you cant find it then your just an idiot. Area around it not Bel Aire but hey we're in Houston. No sign of the before mentioned crack heads or prostitutes anywhere. Just families by the pool. Give it a chance and don't read these morons reviews below. I would stay here again for the price, you get what you pay for and they delivered more than we payed for. Ps was able to walk right into the lobby at 9:00 at night so not sure what that person was talking about when stating he had to deal with desk clerk thru a window at 5:30.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TERGOLF

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This place is nothing short of a flop house. I stayed here 3 nights and witnessed drug dealers, hookers and a lot of very young unattended children by the pool. I called the office and told them that they had 4 and 6 year old kids running around the pool, and after 30 minutes no one from the office checked on them, they didn't even bother to stick their head out of the door and tell them to go back to their room.

The room I had smelled like old carpet and dog urine. They said they were booked and had no other rooms. The sheets had some sort of stain on them, the trash can still had the contents from the person before me, including used condoms. There was mold all over the tile in the bathroom and the bathroom vent was black with mold as well. The phone rang off the hook at all hours of the day and night with hookers calling to offer me their aids, I mean services. I had to take my phone off of the hook to get some sleep.

This is absolutely not the place you want to stay if you are any sort of a decent human at all. I am staying in Houston for about a week, and I have moved to the Drury Inn. If you want to stay by Hobby, stay at the Drury Inn. There is a full breakfast and munchies at night. The rooms at the Drury are spotless and smell great. The a/c is working great and not noisy like at the Baymont.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Hugley R
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Crack heads, pimps and prostitution live there permanently. They have 20 rooms rented out to this element. My truck broke into and 700.00 dollars damage to fix. Police wrote report and said this place is a problem and management will not work with the police to clean it up. No security cameras, bad lighting, and block driveway to prevent police from doing a drive though. Employees were nice but concerned about there safety and front doorto lobby is locked at 5:00 pm. Do not and I repeat do not stay at this hotel unless you want drugs and maybe a prostitute.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bryant M
Reviewed January 24, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Bryant M
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I arrived late, a difficult place to find as it is off the road. The sign was good, but was a bit confused as to where it was.

Regardless, upon arrival the front desk was locking the front door and had me go to the side. Normally not an issue, but had the flu and was not feeling well, so standing outside while they checked me in was not good and started it off poorly. Not sure whey they did not let me in since he was locking it as I was walking up.

The room was comfortable, the bed was very comfortable, and it was clean.

My only issue was the front door but would stay here again when I have an early flight.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stay at Baymont Inn on 09/22/2012. Used the Stay and Park program for 7 days. Returned to find the lock removed from my vehicle and several items stolen. $900 camera and lenses, GPS and two cell phone chargers. Rooms are terrible and now this. Dont stay here. Use another place to park.

Room Tip: Anywehere but Baymont