Stay Express Inn & Suites Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #447 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This hotel is a dive. It's hard to find and it's not in a good area. Once we checked in, we went to our smelly, musty, damp room and my husband was greated by a flea biting him. The bathroom was black with mold, the carpet dirty, the air was bad and it was depressing. We immediately checked out. I want my money back!!! Since this was a prepaid trip, do I have anyway to get my money back?

We checked into the LaQuinta off I-10 and beltway 8 north on the east side of Houston. Now that was a great place.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VidaTravels

Reviewed May 21, 2012

We had to stay here because a group of my friends and I were attending a convention at the University of Houston. It was great! The rooms were clean and were pleasant to stay in. The hotel was only about 15-20 mins. away from the university and from downtown! They even had security in the parking lot, which made me feel a lot safer. It was a great place to crash after a day full of activities! It's also conveniently located near a Walmart and several restaurants!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This was the worst place I ever stayed!!!!!!!!!!! My son and I flew in for spring break, wanted something close and easy to get to NASA. The lobby smelled old and mildewy. The room was the same way. I bought bleach to clean the bathroom tub. Why is there a black cat hanging around the pool? The continental breakfast probably the best thing they have, but then again not!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jrenee418
Reviewed April 10, 2012

This is relatively quiet and clean for a place so close to the airport. Great Mexican restaurant out front Neighborhood not so nice

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I wish there is a selection to choose for "no star", because that's the score they are getting! We found roaches in the room, unknown bugs....and room service is bad too! I don't know why they are still in business?

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bottlen0se
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This place is a ghetto dive!! Thugs hanging around! The bugs, knats continue to fly in and around the room inspite of the front office moving me to another room.

Horrible, this place needs to be shut down!! It's muggy and damp, as it is an outdoor room that you just walk up to!! Not safe!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank OpalMink
Reviewed February 3, 2012

My wife and I, my father and a coworker of ours stayed at this hotel for 4 days to attend a convention in Houston. It is just off of I-45 and just a little tough to find. It is behind a local Mexican restaurant and would be easy to miss if you are not looking for it. There are a lot of good and bad things about this hotel.

First the good.
Clean comfortable rooms and beds
Inexpensive
Generally quiet
Strong wifi (once we got it to work)
Terrific showers
Decent breakfast
There are a lot of beautiful trees in the courtyard and a pool (that was closed for the winter).

Now the bad.
My father and I shared a room and my wife and our female coworker shared a room. Twice I asked people at the front desk whom I had not met and did not recognize for a key to my wife's room and they gave it to me without question and without asking for ID. This is a major breach of security. Thank God I was the one asking for a key to my wife's room. Yet on another occasion, my wife asked a different person at the desk for the key to my room and they asked her for her ID so they know about the policy to ask for ID just did not do it sometimes.

This hotel is 10 miles away from downtown, not a big deal since we had a car, but it was not in the nicest area of town and made my wife feel a little uncomfortable.

The printer in the lobby didn't work.This was tough. I really needed to print some stuff.

I had to kill a spider and a cricket that slipped into our room.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business