“Rooms average”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Rooms average”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Just ok rooms. Strange bathroom shape & not the best lighting. Nice lobby & other hotel amenities as well as great location. Self parking Fee a bit high. Left for another hotel as the last night doubled in price. Staff wouldn't give us any deal to keep our business. Went to Sheraton..much nicer rooms at $99 a night!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
México, D. F.
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed at the JW Marriott Houston last week and I had received the best attention ever!!!
I don't have to tell anyone about my birthday and they already knew it, they send me chocolate treats and a bottle of champagne. All the staff was very very kind!
I had some kind of trouble with my TV in the room and they change it for a new TV.
Thanks a lot you really made me feel something special.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Having stayed at many Marriott hotels, I did have some minimum level of expectations when it comes to service and quality of the hotel. Unfortunately, I left this one with a sour taste. Granted it was a peak season with some big international conference in town, but I do feel we were grossly over-charged for our rooms and event conducted at the hotel. We had everything pre-confirmed only to find not enough rooms were allocated to my team members, forcing us to share rooms (not ideal after a long 30-hour journey into Houston), room conditions were much to be desired and complaints were not attended to.

However, I must say the banquet team did do slightly better in catering to our last minute changes, so our moods were uplifted there.

The hospitality team needs a lot to do to live up to the JW Marriott name!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank SAAzli
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were in Houston with friends for an event and one of the group recommended this hotel. The location was excellent and the Concierge made excellent recommendations on restaurants. The rooms were very comfortable. Being an early riser the Starbucks in the lobby started by day perfect. We arrived late on a Thursday evening and had a sandwich in the bar. The brisket was some of the best i have had. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Very nice hotel. Within walking distance to the galleria mall. The galleria mall is so big and spacious. We were only able to explore one quarter of the mall. The hotel was nice. Didn't get to experience the spa. Everyone was very nice and courteous.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We had a family event to attend and this hotel was recommended to us by the hosts. The first thing you notice is the great location - I.e. near a lot of high-end shops and restaurants. My husband wasn't as thrilled.
The hotel itself doesn't look as nice as it is from the outside, but you are greeted by friendly staff and delicious cucumber water (so yummy). Looks like they have a nice bar area, but since I am 8 months pregnant & traveling with a 2 yr old, we did not get to enjoy. They did have Starbucks in the lobby, which was awesome in the mornings!
The room itself was nicely laid out. Nothing too fantastic, but I loved the window seat and the comfy bed. I did notice the walls were a little thin, for example when I was in the bathroom area I heard the exciting conversation next door "no, vodka is like totally the best. I get wasted so fast off of it - insert giggles". But we did get restful sleep and it wasn't noisy in the main room area.
It was a quick trip with many family events, so we didn't experience much of the hotel. Overall, we were happy and felt it was a great value. We would stay here again should we find ourselves in Houston.
On a side note - when in Houston we recommend eating at The Breakfast Club!

• Stayed August 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is a JW Marriott that is in an older building. However, the rooms are nicely appointed, albeit a tad small. Housekeeping does an excellent job keeping everything sparkling clean. Service at the front-desk, valet, bars, and restaurants top-notch.
The hotel is located directly across the street from the Galleria--which can be a double-edged sword. Great shopping and restaurants-- but monstrous traffic.
Would not hesitate to book again or recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: High floor to negate traffic noise