“Comfortable Stay”

JW Marriott Houston
Ranked #25 of 518 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice previously and keep going back due to the close proxiity to my office as well nearby eateries; not to mention the shopping mall across the street. The housekeeping was good and reception was helpful. I ordered room service and no complains.

There is also a shuttle that can take you around however often times its a long wait. I would encourage the hotel to get a few more shuttles given the mere number of guests visiting the hotel.The wait can go upto 15-20 minutes.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The beds are excellent, the bathroom is cheap and look like the one in the dorm. The housekeeping and maintenance awful! Despite black hairs all over the tub enclosure, the sink was clogged for all 3 days of staying. The business and conference halls are good though.

Room Tip: Ask for the high floors but expect a super low water pressure in the shower.
2  Thank Al K
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I have nothing but perfect things to say about this hote. The pool and fitness center are absolutely to die for. Great view. I loved everything about this hotel. I was upgraded as well. The rooms are enormous and offered unparalleled service. Just fantastic property. Good location for restaurants too.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The JW Marriott is situated directly across the street from the Galleria; quite convenient if you plan to visit. With this primo location comes a high valet price-$30 a day but it is the most convenient way to go.

At checkin I was greeted by a lovely welcoming front desk employee. she needs to give lessons to the grumpy guy at morning checkout.

The rooms are pleasant and clean with comfortable beds. I didn't think they were as dated as others claim.

I would stay again if I was able to secure a good price but otherwise wouldn't be heartbroken if I didn't.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Stayed here for a conference for three nights.

The hotel is old and a little worn, but very clean. Our room was nice. I am not sure why they do not have refrigerators, as there is a space for one in the cabinet. We ordered one and they promptly brought it up and installed it in the cabinet. There are no towel bars in the sink area or in the bathroom except behind the door to the shower and in the shower. Makes it real unhandy for hand towels and wash cloths. The internet service is spotty and hard to get on. After working with it for 30 minutes, we discovered that it was down. They charge you $12.95 a day for the service. It seemed to be better in the ballrooms. The beds are comfy and the towels are thick and fluffy.

For the most part service is excellent, especially in the dining rooms and ballrooms. The food here is excellent. They buy their produce and meat from local farmers, so it is very fresh or some of it is organic. Everything we ate here, bar food, breakfast, lunch, dinner, was very good.

The meeting facilities were very nice also. I liked the fact that it did not get freezing cold, as is usually the case. They maintained a nice, comfortable temp.

There are tons of nice restaurants and shopping down and across the street. The hotel will give you a ride to someplace also that is a few miles away and back. We took the shuttle to Houston's restaurant and they came back and picked us up. We also self parked at a cost of $17 per day. The parking garage is easy to get to in the hotel. The elevators are right beside the check in desk. Valet is twice that rate per night.

This is a great conference hotel. I would not stay there though for any other reason.

Room Tip: The elevators are really slow in this hotel. If you don't mind not having a view, I would stay...
Reviewed February 25, 2013

There was a bartender in the lounge that was so rude! I watched her get cursed out by so many people. Why would they keep her there? Elevators were out of service. Long lines to get on them. Very nice front desk clerks! I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank rlloy
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here last night and it was just ok. Its in a great location, near the Galleria, and there are many hotels in that area.
When I called the number provided for me online to make the reservation, they quoted me one price but once I checked in, the price was completely different....The room itself was nice, pretty roomy and also very clean. Unfortunately the bed was not comfortable at all.
The worst part is the price for overnight parking. You can self park for one price or have it "valeted" for another. Again, sign outside says one price for overnight parking, but price on bill was completely different. And our car wasn't even parked safely in a garage, it was just sitting right out front of the valet, which the valet guys just gave us our keys and we had to go get our car ourselves...TOTAL rip off. Think next time I'll choose from the 10 other hotels in the area...

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple