“Best Location in Houston”

JW Marriott Houston
Ranked #30 of 516 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Best Location in Houston”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stay here twice a year and have never been disappointed. The hotel is located in the best spot you could hope for, if being in the middle of everything appeals to you. Its located on Westheimer, across form the Galleria mall and just steps from some of the best restaurants in Houston.

Granted, the traffic to get there is sometimes a challenge but once you arrive, you are set for a great experience. From the valet parking the cars, to the front desk staff and everyone else we encountered, we were struck by how everyone was more than happy to assist in whatever manner they could.

While I am not a huge fan of their restaurant, given so many fabulous choices just out the front door, everything we have ever ordered from the restaurant has been very good.

This is a very nice hotel and one we are always happy to see again!!

Room Tip: Higer floor on the South side facing the Galleria.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I absolutely love this hotel. I travel moderately for work and once a year I find myself in Houston. After my first stay at the JW Marriott I have never even thought to stay at any other hotel. The staff is SO friendly. Every time I check in they act so happy that I'm here. Last year when I was in town the manager sent a complimentary cheese plate and a full bottle of wine to my room, just because! On this latest visit I checked in and found that they had upgraded my room to a suite.

In most cities the JW Marriott is prohibitively expensive, but I've never paid more than $100 per night here in Houston.

If you're coming through Houston I can't recommend this hotel enough!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had to host a convention here and stayed here also. The staff was on the spot with their service, even the manager came by while we were having happy hour to make sure we did not need anything else. There was a Starbucks in the hotel but the hours were not convenient and closed at peak times. Hotel was located in the Galleria area which made everything super easy to get to. The mall was across the street a four star restaurant was a block away. I felt safe walking around and any time. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. When my room was cleaned there was a note from the cleaning lady and I thought that was a nice touch. My room was located close to the elevator and it sounded like an airplane was taking off sometimes. My colleague had to switch his room because it was too loud for him. I also had the buffet breakfast which had everything imaginable. Obviously everything comes at price because this place was pricier than most hotels.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Madisonville, Louisiana
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I"ve been going to this hotel for at least 4 weeks a year for the past 3.5 years. I know the front desk folks and the people who run the concierge lounge very well now. Every time i check into this establishment they know what i like to eat, what i like in my room and how i like things. I've never been to a hotel that had so much personalized attention to its guests. I enjoy the large fitness area and the vicinity to the galleria. The JW Marriott treats its elite members very well here and make them feel important.

The only things I wish that they JW Marriott Houston woud improve are as follows:

Parking Garage: the spots are very small and it floods when rain comes down quickly

Rooms: The comfort is all there with their beds but they need to update the decor and bathrooms. I feel like its comfortable but not stylish. You guys can do much better here.

Room Tip: if you get can get one of the executive rooms they are much larger and have a lounge area to relax i...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed her for 2 nights for a "Girls Weekend" . From the time I check-in the staff was unpleasant. The front desk staff member by the name of Brian was very rude and snotty. Before my arrival I called to verify if my room was available for early check-in as I requested in my reservation. He proceeded to tell me that all I booked was a "regular" room and that they had several available.I have stayed at several 5 star hotels and have never encountered a more pretentious staff member. Upon check-in we valeted our car and every time we called down 15-20 minutes before we were to leave to have our car ready. Each time we called we had to wait an additional 10-15 min. in front of the hotel for our car to arrive. And for $30 a day for valet this was unacceptable. The room was very basic and small. Outside of the location of this hotel it offered NOTHING extra. I guess for tourist to Houston this hotel would be ideal because of the location but for someone who is from Houston this would be my LAST choice in the future.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Cheri P
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights for a business trip. It has everything you would expect from Marriott hotel. Large quiet rooms and comfy beds. The breakfast is OK. Probably the best thing going for it is the fact that you can walk across the road to the Galleria. There you can shop and have dozens of options to eat instead of hotel food. The location is convenient for most things in Houston

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
McAllen
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I brought my wife here for a getaway weekend. The service and hotel were perfect. It is well maintained, staff friendly, and location awesome. The room had comfortable bed.

The workout room had a lot of machines, good free-weight area and a nice locker area (with a steam shower and sauna).

Highly recommended.