1,240 results
All reviews double tree front desk shuttle service an early flight next morning rental car free shuttle breakfast buffet enjoyed my stay business trip iah starbucks conference airline checkin proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was staying next door at a hotel without a restaurant, so walked over to Oakley's. From what I saw around me, I just had bad luck with the waiter I got assigned to. I don't appreciate being addressed with things like 'Hey man' by a waiter who is around 40 years younger than I am. He was slow in delivering on top of that. Place was almost empty and it took 15 minuted to get a glass of wine (9$!!!!), never received water. And when I asked for an additional condiment when ordering, it did not come. Food was great though. Food prices typical, wine price ridiculously high.

Date of stay: September 2019
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear retired_on_Bonaire,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re very sorry your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards. We’ve addressed the problems you mentioned with the staff at Oakley’s. Thank you for alerting us to this issue, and we hope you’ll give us another chance to make it right.

Reviewed September 7, 2019

This hotel is very convenient to the airport with complementary
shuttle to and from the airport. Great (friendly)staff and willing to "make it right". Rooms are very clean, the beds are comfy and blackout curtains are a plus.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
AliciaT1532, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

Thank you very much for taking a moment to share your recent experience. It is so wonderful to see how much you enjoyed your stay and how amazing our staff was. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and being our guest, it will be our pleasure ot welcome you again soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2019 via mobile

I greatly appreciate it when a hotel acknowledges what member status I am at and the little extra “thank you for your loyalty” gift bags. This place just gave me bottled water (same as a Gold status) and there was no special parking for Diamond. On top of that, there was NO bell service to help me with my bags and no available carts for me to use. It looked like they only had 2 carts. I was traveling with my 2 little ones and my baby was crying. The lazy front desk guy didn’t bother asking if he could help me with my bags or tried to make my arrival comfortable. This was minutes after checking in and him saying “we value your stay and blah blah about me being a diamond member... here’s a cookie...” I don’t want your stupid cookie! I want help to my room! Room was nice but several ceiling tiles in the hallway were missing. I would never waste my time or money here again. I would never suggest this place if you care about service.

Trip type: Traveled with family
AliciaT1532, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2019

Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent experience. I am so very sorry that we failed to fully meet your expectations in service during your visit. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, you are a very valued guest and again, I am sorry that we did not treat you as such. Your suggestions and comments will help us as we continuously work to improve ourselves and our service. We truly are thankful for you being our guest and choosing our hotel. It is our desire that you will consider staying with us again and giving us the opportunity to change your view of our hotel and service.

Reviewed August 20, 2019

This is a very nice hotel and all staff were helpful and pleasent. The facility was clean and comfortable. The location is perfect if you need to catch a flight. There is a free shuttle to the airport every 30 minutes.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
AliciaT1532, Front Office Manager at Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2019

It is a pleasure to see how much you enjoyed your stay and visit at our location. We are so delighted to hear that you love our clean hotel and great staff! Yes, we are conveniently located 2 miles from George Bush IAH airport with free shuttle service to and from. Thank you for choosing our hotel and being our guest, please come and visit with us again soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2019

I am a Diamond member but I feel I was not being treated as such during my last stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Intercontinental Airport on 8/17/2019. To begin with, I checked in the hotel around 4PM and politely asked the front desk if there's any room available for complementary upgrade during my stay. However, the front desk immediately said "No we're fully booked" without even further looking into its system to search if there's any availability and handed me the key like she wants to serve the next customer ASAP, which there was none after me. Furthermore, the hotel is located in a 7-stories building, with the 5th and 6th floor (higher floor) specifically accommodated for elite Hilton Honor members. Nevertheless, I was assigned to the third floor (non Hilton-member floor) and I could not sleep on my bed for several hours because of the loud traffic coming from the freeway that's outside of my room (#30X). I booked my stay almost 4 weeks ago so it's crazy for me to imagine that all the rooms in the 5th and 6th floor were fully booked at the time when I booked my stay! Also the common area that's just right beside the elevator at the 3rd floor was stacked with table and chairs that the crews at the hotel seems want to get rid of, which is not acceptable as well. In addition, the so called "high speed Internet" for Diamond members at this hotel is a joke, where I spent 10+ mins trying to connect to the hotel WIFI and the speed once I got connected is super slow! Last but not least, when I finally got asleep in the morning, one of the cleaning crew at the hotel broke into my room around 10AM without even shouting out room cleaning to let me get myself prepared. After I shouted out "I am still in my room", the cleaning people just closed the door without saying any apologies. This is really not acceptable! Prior to this time, I was always thinking that all the crews members at any Hilton-branded hotels should have information about which room has been already checked-out or not. This so unorganized cleaning process and other services at this hotel makes me wondering for the first time that is it really worth it to be a diamond member at Hilton hotel or should I go with other brands such as Hyatt or Marriott.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We truly appreciate you taking a moment to share your recent experience. It is definitely disappointing to see how much we failed to meet your expectations and caused you to have an unenjoyably stay. Your housekeeping concerns, treatment as a Hilton Honors member and hotel condition are items that we take very seriously and have addressed with our staff for immediate rectification. As a Hilton Honors member, you are one of our most valued guest and we are thankful to you for your loyalty and support.