Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$90
  • Breakfast included
$117
TripAdvisor
1,102 results
All reviewsdouble treefront deskwarm cookiestaco belljack in the boxthe shuttle drivernext morningrental carroom was clean and comfortableshort staybreakfast buffetenjoyed my stayfree shuttlestayed one nightbusiness tripfitness centeriah
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Nice staff and clean rooms. I had a room near the end of the hall and the maid carts were parked there all day. It kinda bothered me that they would do that at a nice place like this but oh well. I asked for them to clean the room one day when we were out at 9:30 am but when we returned at almost 4 pm still no clean room. Front desk is very nice. They also have a nice laundry room but just 1 washer and dryer. Only cost $1 though. Very reasonable price. I got a hot cookie too upon checkin. Not sure if it was because of my honors status. Taco Bell and jack in the box are nearby. Godfathers pizza too.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The best assets of any hotel are excellent management and staff. I believe the Doubletree at Houston Intercontinental Airport has both. I feel welcome there. The staff is efficient, courteous and genuinely friendly. I am consistently greeted by name during the extremely streamlined check-in process. They go out of their way to anticipate the needs of their guests and respond to requests in a personal and timely manner. Having worked for many years in a service industry, I know that these things don't happen unless you have a happy staff and excellent management. On more than one occasion I have received the personal attention of the General Manager in regard to resolving reservations issues and other matters related to various hotel stays. This hotel's management really does care about their guests and it shows. I should also mention that there have been significant improvements in the hotel's physical plant over the past several months. Guest rooms, common areas, elevators and restaurant services have all been upgraded and modernized. This is a hotel that's "clicking on all cylinders" and it is definitely my home away from home in the Houston area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Based on a poor experience in April 2012 we had boycotted staying at this hotel. We recently chose to give a chance for redemption and are certainly glad we did. Our updated room was of the quality we grew to expect based on previous stays at this location. The beds are of the greatest comfort. Of greatest improvement was the charm and professionalism delivered by the staff. In spite of our late arrival (1:15 AM) the shuttle service made sure that they were available for our pickup. Obviously the driver stayed late but the point is that he couldn’t have been a better hotel ambassador then he was. At check in and check out the front desk staff were equally charming. While our stay was short the experience was incredible. I tip my hat to the management and staff for their successful upgrade to both the hotel itself and more importantly the displayed attitudes. We will most certainly make this our “go to” hotel again when we have the need to overnight in Houston.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We arrived very late in Houston at 10PM after we diverted a route going to Honolulu . Flights going to NYC were full so we decided to take Houston before going to Honollulu. We spent one night in this hotel and it was a a very good experience. Upon arrival at the hotel, the Front Desk staff were very friendly and efficient . We booked for a Standard Queen size bed but we were upgraded to a king bed. The room was big and had complete amenities like tea and coffeemaking facilities, I cannot help but compare this hotel to another Doubletree in New York which didnt have any of the facilities mentioned. The hotel was so convenient to the airport that they even have a complimentary shuttle service every 30 minutes to bring us to the airport . We ordered room service and was told that food will arrive in 45 minutes and surprisingly it arrived earlier. And yes my boyfriend commented thgat the bed was so comfy and he had a good nights sleep. Keep up the good work, even for a short stay but it was a very pleasant one. Wont hesitate to recommend this hotel to our friends and relatives stopping by Houston ,

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank verav927
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Excellent room and very good service with shuttle to airport. The staff was very helpful and polite, asked about Hilton Honors, offered warm cookie and very cordial in helping explain proximity of meeting rooms and hotel rooms. Very good service. Large rooms and very comfortable.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a very good view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business