“Great service for the layover!”

Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #52 of 510 Hotels in Houston
Edmonton, Canada
“Great service for the layover!”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

The service was great! Shuttle to/from the airport, cookies and water, complimentary wifi. Every member of the staff, from the front desk, shuttle, and bar was very welcoming, and friendly to talk to. Staff was very enthusiastic and accommodating to every request. Room was very clean and comfortable. We had a very early flight and the shuttle was on time and got us there with plenty of time to spare. A very pleasant experience; we would definitely stay again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
california
Reviewed January 6, 2013

very accommodating front desk service - extra cookies, complimentary internet, rollaway beds. beds were comfortable, location convenient since we needed to get to the airport before 6am. restaurant service was good as well, very friendly people.

Room Tip: location excellent for airport layover
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 27, 2012

No Housekeeping provided in room. Security suspect with poorly functioning key system for both interior & exterior doors. With so many other choices for hotels in the area, you should think twice about this selection. (Although the cookies are delicious, they don't taste as good in an unmade room or while you're standing outside your room or the building with a key that doesn't work properly in a malfunctioning lock.)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Patti P, General Manager at Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are very sorry you were disappointed in the cleanliness of your guest room. We try to very vigilant in the area because we know how important this is to our guests. Our engineering team has looked into the comments regarding the locks and issue with your room key. I assure you safety and security of our guests is our highest priority. I do hope that you will give us another chance to make a better impression.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 26, 2012

My company had their annual Christmas party at the Doubletree by the Intercontinental Airport for the first time this December. The night manager at the front desk (I will not mention her name but still remember it) she was so helpful, so sweet, and great with all of the people trying to check in. The reception area where our party was set up was beautiful, the servers were outstanding, the food was wonderful, and after a long night of excitement I was able to go upstairs to my room, which I got at an excellent rate. This hotel room was the most comfortable room I have ever stayed in away from home; actually I think the bed was more comfortable than my own, with a down comforter, and the perfect amount of pillows. And everyone knows about the cookies; they are reason enough to stay :). I would definitely stay again, and would recommend to everyone to enjoy a night at the Doubletree.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Patti P, General Manager at Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Crystal B,

Thank you the review of your recent stay. I am glad you had such a good time at your Holiday Party and enjoyed your overnight accomodations. Hopefully, we will see you again next year. Happy New Year.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I don't understand why the Hilton Chain allows smokers in their hotels. I have stayed in this hotel twice. One time I was obviously next door to a smoking room as the smell penetrated mine and the hallway outside. The beds were comfortable, showeres were nice, TVs were adequate. The second stay was smoke free. In this case the TV didn't work and maintenance had to come up and fix it.

Don't bother eating at the restaurant downstairs unless you have hours to waste. The food is ok but the service is terrible. I think they had two servers for the whole restaurant. It took forever to get an order taken, drinks refilled and the bill. Same deal for breakfast.

The fitness center looked very nice but I didn't use it as I forgot my workout clothes.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Patti P, General Manager at Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, December 26, 2012
dw920c,

I apologize that your TV was not in working order when you checked in. Everything should be in working order prior to guest check in and it looks like we dropped the ball. I am glad we were able to fix the problem to your satisfaction.

I appreciate your candid comments regarding the service in our restaurants. I will pass your comments onto my Food and Beverage Director and work to improve in this area.

We will be going to 100% non-smoking as of 1/1/2013. I hope that our guests will find this an improvement.

Thanks again and we hope to see you in the future.
Grand Island, Nebraska
Reviewed December 16, 2012

After my flight was canceled due to weather the airline put me up for the night. I expected to be in a mid-range budget hotel. The surprise on my face must have been obvious when the driver pulled up.

The facilities were immaculate, staff was kind and professional to this grumpy and tired traveler. The room was spacious, clean, modern and most of all the mattress was firm and so very comfortable.

If I hadn't needed to leave the next morning so very early I would have loved spending a day or two at this facility.

Looking for a great place to stay while not breaking your budget? Then Doubletree is your choice.

• Stayed February 2012
jkuehner,

Sorry to hear your flight in Houston was cancelled but it is nice to hear you enjoyed your brief stay with us. I appreciate your kind words regarding your room comfort and cleanliness. We hope that we see you again if your travels bring you to Houston in the future.
Euless, Texas
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

This property and the staff are amazing! The service at Oakley's & Derrick's (Oil themed, not a personal thing) was amazing both nights we ate there. The room at the hotel was great overlooking the courtyard. In response to the people who say it isn't quiet I say the rooms are but the pool area is noisy due to the aircraft overhead. It should be expected due to the proximity of the active runways. I highly recommend this property to anyone traveling the shuttle service driver was punctual and friendly. The front desk staff were amazing, but then most are when you take time to be pleasant and chat for a few... All in all I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jakes Tech,

Thank you for your great review regarding your recent stay with us! I really appreciate the kind words regarding your interaction with our team members. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Houston area.