Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #52 of 511 Hotels in Houston
Ruidoso, New Mexico
“Wow!”
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I along with friends flew in from Jamaica to Houston and we had missed our flight when we arrived. We received a voucher from the airlines to stay overnight at the Doubletree airport. Needless to say, we were beyond tired. The Doubletree shuttle picked us up at the airport and it was a short drive to the hotel. When we arrived the check-in was very fast and friendly. We went to our beautiful and comfortable room and unpacked. Not only were we tired, but also hungry. The restaurant/lounge was superb! Food was great and alot of it and the beer was cold. Their beds, pillows and comforters were so great that we didn't want to leave. Also, you are handed a warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in. We would definately stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
DTHouston, Manager at Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Thanks for providing us your feedback even though your stay was a short one. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel and the service. The cookies are delicious and sometimes just what you need to make your day. Thank you for being our guest and should your travels bring you to the Houston area again we hope you stay with us at Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lone Tree, Colorado
Reviewed October 7, 2011

The friendliest front desk staff that I have ever experienced.....always a friendly greeting when checking in or just walking past the front desk.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The hotel is very visually appealing. The staff is courteous and efficient. And there's a Starbucks in the lobby! What more could you ask for. I just wish I would've had more time to try out the swimming pool and workout room!!

• Stayed September 2011
DTHouston, General Manager at Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
I appreciate you providing your feedback and giving us a positive review. Glad to hear you found everything to your satisfaction Thanks for being our guest, we enjoyed having you stay with us. Look forward to having you back the next time travel brings you to the Houston area.
San Francisco
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Our plane got in late and in spite of the 24 hour airport shuttle that they claim to have on their website, the hotel told me the shuttle stopped at 1am. Great, when I asked about a taxi, The hotel told me there just were not any that late. I asked if she had any ideas on how to get to the hotel, and she replied, "not really". Finally, the driver of the Marriott shuttle, took pity on us and gave us a ride. After arriving, our sour receptionist yelled at us, and threw the room key. We were sent to our room via a dirty hallway, to find it not containing any water, even for purchase.
Uncomfortable beds, the works. I could go on, but I just would like to forget the experience and NOT EVER stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ElVerano
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I’m very sorry that you were treated with an undesirable level of service. I apologize for the shuttle situation, our website does mention we offer complimentary shuttle service however it does not mention it being available 24 hours, however I can understand your frustration in the middle of the night, I have spoken to the night staff to ensure we are able to recommend alternative transportation for guest with late night arrivals. We have taken your feedback and are adding information on the hours the shuttle is available. Once again I apologize and if you would please contact me directly at Patti.Patenaude@hilton.com so that we discuss this in further details. We would love to have you come back and experience a better level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.
Spring, Texas
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We searched for a hotel that would be accommodating for our family reunion. After doing much searching, the Doubletree truly hit the mark! When trying to plan a reunion it becomes very tedious. Susan Escobar sat with us and wanted to make sure everything was to our liking. No matter what changes we threw at her, she accommodated us. The food for our event was EXCELLENT. The rooms were very nice and the hotel grounds are very well kept. I highly recommend the Doubletree for any family reunion, class reunion or just any event you have. It’s down the street from Bush International Airport. Perfect location for your guest the will be flying into Houston.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
DTHouston, General Manager at Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
It was our pleasure to host your family reunion at the Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport. Thank you for your gracious comments I will definitely share them with our staff. Glad to hear Susan was able to accommodate you and take great care of you. We hope all of your guests enjoyed themselves and we look forward to hosting more of your special memorable moments in the future. Thanks again!
West Milford, NJ
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here on our way through to Belize. The staff couldn't be more accomodating. Friendly & efficient, they really made us feel welcome.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Glad to hear your enjoyed your stay. I have shared your positive comments with our staff. We take pride in providing exceptional customer service and your feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for staying at the Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport and being our guest. Hope to have you back soon.
Reviewed September 9, 2011

I stayed at the Doubletree at Houston International Airport in Aug. on my way to Belize. After a day of flying, it was SUCH a welcome sight to see. Easy and fast airport pickup, cheerful and informative shuttle Driver, gorgeous Hotel, and most importantly: my room was spacious, quiet and spotlessly clean! I ate a terrific dinner right there in the Hotel, then off to bed.The following morning- received wakeup call as requested, again a fabulous good-humored shuttle Driver took me to the airport and I was on my way-- well rested, and in good spirits! My next trip through Houston I will be staying here-- As far as I'm concerned-this is what Customer Service is all about!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay at the Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport. I am very happy to hear that the staff took such good care of you and you found the amenities of the property to your liking (especially the complimentary airport shuttle). I have shared your positive feedback with our staff and we sincerely thank you for being our guest. We look forward to seeing you soon.