2,220 results
All reviewsbagel shopeinstein bagelsspindletop restaurantshula's steakhouseeinstein brotherslobby barnice hotelguest servicesvalet parkingdowntown areaconvention centerbusiness triphigh floorbusiness hotelroom servicecorner roomself park
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I was looking for a downtown hotel for a one night stay and got this for $75 on priceline. Some of the reviews were a bit off-putting but I have mostly found to take reviews with a grain of salt. Our stay was a great, positive surprise.

The valet, desk staff and bell service were all professional, courteous and efficient. We were not surprised by the cost of valet- I always look when staying in a dowtown area- and found it competitive for the area. Our bellman was quite congenial, joking and informative.

The king room itself was very comfortable and clean with a nice size bathroom. The bed was so comfortable with nice linens and pillows. I like the way Hyatt is designing their rooms with simple sleek lines now days. The room was very quiet despite all rooms facing out toward the tower atrium.

We had a couple of beers in the bar before hiking over to Minute Maid ballpark for an Astros-Dodgers game. Typical hotel prices, nice bar mix for snack and some little happy hour food at 6 pm. Service was quick and professional.

Location of the hotel is good- easy access to the metro rail line and several good bars and restaurants within walking distance- not the closest to the ballpark but we always felt safe. There's a lot more to do downtown than our last visit 10 years ago. It isn't a New York city kind of lively but plenty to eat and drink while walking to the ballgame.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I read some of the negative post below and have to question if they stayed in the same hotel I did. This place was super nice, clean, friendly staff, great food, and nice rooms. The bathroom in our room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The room was somewhat small but I expect this from a hotel. It had a flatscreen tv with imputs to connect your computer to the tv. The Shulas steakhouse was nice. We stayed to attend a Houston Astros ball game and it was within 5 min of the park without having to get on the highway. Overall this is one of the nicer, more complete packages that I have stayed in. PS...the parking is a little expensive. (16 self 25 valet)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I am a Hyatt Diamond member and travel frequently and with my family as much as possible. I made my reservation after contacting the Hyatt Regency personally. The staff is simply amazing and assured me that my stay would be perfect. Although we only stayed one night, they gladly upgraded me to a 2 bedroom suite to accomodate my family of 5. The valet was pleasant and checkin went smoothly as the receptionist verified that our suite was ready. When we walked into the room my gold passport amentities were nicely laid out in the room along with a bottle of wine. My childrens rooms was adorned with a special tic-tac-toe game made of real cookies as well as other amenities to keep them amused. The suite was wonderful and arrayed with flat-screen televisions, chaise lounges and the most wonderful beds you can imagine. Thank you Hyatt Regency Houston for an amazing stay. We will be back!

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Everything about this hotel seems to fall into the "it'll do in a pinch" category, but there's nothing that makes you _want_ to stay here.

The room is a decent size, and of ok comfort (the bed's not amazing, but it's not terrible).

There's wifi in the rooms, although you pay $10 extra a day for it. There's a desk, but the desk chair's too low for it (so you have to sit like a T-Rex, with your hands below your chin to use you laptop).

The aircon didn't seem to work very well, so my room was a bit too warm (but not so hot that I'd call the front desk and request they send up an engineer).

I wasn't impressed with the coffee maker in the room - paper cups and powdered creamer? Yuck. Made me wonder if that's a deliberate tactic to try and drum up more business for the Starbucks in the lobby? There's no mini bar in the room, so the bottled water that's available is warm (and they're charging $3.50 for a small bottle).

The bathroom is nice, and the toiletries are good quality. The room was very clean (I could see my reflection in every gleaming surface in the bathroon). The front desk staff were pleasant and helpful when I checked in. The room was quiet, although the looonng fall down to the atrium lobby from the hallway was a little disconcerting.

All in all, a bit disappointing for a major business hotel, and there have got to be nicer places to stay in Houston.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 13, 2010

I am referring to the design. This is an atrium hotel and the rooms start around the 6th floor or higher. The elevators are glass and face the atrium. If your rooms are away from the elevators it feels kind of freaky walking down the halls to your rooms because there is such a long drop down. I noticed the time before my last visit they asked me right away if I wanted to be high or low or something and I thought that was odd, until I stayed up high and realized why they asked. One employee confided to me on my last visit this past week that a "handful" of people have "gone over the railings" to commit suicide. Sometimes they are people who come in there just to do that. So that kind of freaked me out a little and frankly I think that they should do something like add glass walls to prevent that. They do have a nice gift shop and cafe, some buzz in the var/restaurant. Plus a decent location and a car rental there. But the suicide thing there is pretty scary.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business