Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$82
$67
CrownePlaza.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $78/night.

$90
$79
CrownePlaza.com
$81
$76
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

$227
$181
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $224/night.

$120
$104
Doubletree.com
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of $139/night.

$149
The Houstonian(Houston)
$252
$239
$200
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $239/night.

$179
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $202/night.

$232
$126
Priceline
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

2,196 results
All reviewsbagel shopeinstein bagelsspindletop restaurantshula's steakhouseeinstein brotherslobby barnice hotelvalet parkingguest servicesdowntown areaconvention centerbusiness tripbusiness hotelcorner roomself parkbreakfast buffethotel shuttle
Reviewed February 22, 2009

Not going to waste much effort on this. Unfriendly staff, no room service, no warm food in the evening (unless you like microwave pizza slices), lied to about local restaurants (recommended to a $100pp restaurants as "the only one nearby"), neglected to mention building works in the hotel, bathroom was gross, bill a bit much.

Two good points.. the breakfast, and the printers and computers at reception allowing you to quickly print online check in passes before departure.

Will NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank cjg101
Reviewed February 14, 2009

Okay, just to give you a little background on me: 1) I normally stay in budget hotels (with the occasional splurge on a nicer place, since I enjoy luxury when I'm able to get it). 2) This is my first stay at a Hyatt hotel.

First off, I got the room at the Hyatt from Priceline, with the Name Your Own Price feature, so I had no idea what hotel I would end up with. I chose 4 star, Downtown Houston area, and this is what it gave me, for about $70 for the night. GREAT RATE. After booking with Priceline, I called the hotel and requested a king bed, non smoking. I had also seen on other reviews on TripAdvisor about the damages from Hurricane Ike and the renovation project at the hotel, so I asked for a non-damaged, renovated room. Just to be safe. :) Upon our arrival, the boyfriend and I were greeted by wonderfully attentive staff, who promptly took our bags and put them on a cart. A very pleasant woman by the name of Julia helped us with that part. Then, when checking in, it was just about as effortless as a check in can be (and I've done plenty of check ins in my time, after many business and a few personal trips). The attendant at the check in desk offered to help us locate entertainment for the evening, and pulled up movie times for a movie we said we wanted to see that night. He also provided us with a map and detailed directions. I felt so taken care of! When Julia helped us up to our room, she made sure we were happy with the room and felt comfortable before she left.

Ah, the rooms. I know there were previous reviews that the rooms were "outdated", but let me tell you, they have since remedied that! Brand new EVERYTHING - carpet, bed, a very comfortable chaise lounge, an efficient and comfortable workstation area, an alarm clock with iPod docking station, a nice 32" LCD HDTV, wonderfully post-modern art on the walls. Everything was gleaming and new. The bathroom was situated perfectly with a nice, well-lit vanity mirror above a black marble area and sink, with black granite floors, polished to a fine sheen. The shower is a walk-in glass doored structure with beautiful tiled walls and flooring. The showerhead was one of those rain type showerheads, and it was probably the best shower I've had at a hotel before. I loved it. :) There was a perfect amount of closet space with extra pillows and blankets, and of course an iron and ironing board (which I had to take advantage of, since I'm not the best packer!).

We slept very well. The bed and bedding were both sooo very comfortable... I wish the checkout time hadn't been noon... I would have stayed in bed a few more hours. :)

If I could have one complaint about the place, it would be that the hard wired Internet (listed as free on their website) was not available on the 29th floor, so we ended up using the wireless for our needs. I don't consider this as much of a hiccup though - I work in the IT field and am very familiar with how the wiring gets done in a multi-story building for Internet access.

Keep in mind, the Hyatt is very large, so it accomodates well for large groups. Considering that, you will most likely run into tons of people - it was very busy the entire time we were there, and you may have to wait a few minutes for an elevator.

The valet service was professional and efficient. It was so nice to simply pick up the phone and ask for my car, and for it to be brought to me with no issues. Wonderful staff!!

I loved staying at the Hyatt, and I would definitely do so again. It was such a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank daeleesa
Reviewed February 11, 2009

I stayed here for a week long business meeting in January 09 and loved it. The hotel is located in downtown Houston and within walking distance to major corporations. The hotel staff was friendly and attentive. Limousine, or cab service was available on request and the hotel's central location, made it easy to take in the local sites.

The room I stayed in was clean and seemed newly up-dated. The room was large, very comfortable and over-looked Houston's downtown streets and surrounding skyscrapers. The hotel is 30 floors and though there were stairs, the hotel upper rooms were only accessible via glass elevators, so if you don't like heights it might be a problem.

The hotel restaurant, Shula's was a little expensive, but very elegant with an up-scale menu and top-notch staff. Downtown restaurants and bars were within walking distance or a short cab ride away. Overall I was impressed with the variety of the local eateries and bars. They seemed to cater to what ever your taste, or budget might be.

The only thing I would give a less than a stellar rating would be the fitness center. The fitness center was small, with poor ventilation. Due to the amount of business the hotel does, the center was crammed with people and at times had a waiting line for exercise equipment. But other than that I would say the overall experience was wonderful and would definitely do it again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Captain-Megawatts
Reviewed February 9, 2009

This was my first gamble with hotwire and I ended up here at the Hyatt Regency. My other family commented that it was not up to normal Hyatt standards but I thought it was ok. My room was at the end of a long hall in the corner, but I figured this is where they put the online deal makers. Housekeeping said that the corner rooms have more space than the regulars…. So I did not complain.

Pros: The bed is extremely comfortable! I wish I could have taken it with me! Although the bathroom was rather small, the shower was just what was needed at the end of a tiring night out with family. The staff is extremely nice. They made the check-in/out

Cons: $25 valet parking is totally ridiculous! There is some construction going on at the hotel, but not enough to make a major impact; just make sure you stay on a renovated floor

If it wasn't for the valet charge... I would have given 5 stars.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IcebergSlim06
Reviewed February 8, 2009

We stayed here in Dec-08 in a renovated room and it was great. New beds, tvs, decor, etc. However, we stayed here Jan-09 in a non-renovated room and lets just say that stepping off the elevator on the 15th floor was like entering a completely different hotel (one that's 20 yrs out of date and terribly dirty).

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends