Hyatt Regency Houston
$134
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$85
$139
$105
galahotels.com
2,128 results
All reviewsbagel shopeinstein bagelsspindletop restaurantshula's steakhouseeinstein brotherstunnel systemlobby barvalet parkingnice hotelguest servicesdowntown areaconvention centerbusiness tripbusiness hotelroom servicevalet serviceself park
Reviewed August 1, 2014

Rooms were clean and comfortable. Great location for many attractions. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The valet was quick and courteous. I will stay at this hotel anytime I'm in Houston. Walking distance to many good restaurants and nice clubs. Cab ride to the ballpark was only $6. All in all nice place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Kelly J
Tom J, Manager at Hyatt Regency Houston, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you for choosing the Hyatt Regency Houston and sharing your review. It's wonderful to hear how you enjoyed your clean and comfortable room, and how our associates were friendly and courteous. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment, and we will be honored to be your host for all of your future stays in Houston!

Reviewed July 31, 2014

The hotel is nice and modern, very comfortable. But all of the rooms face the open center of the hotel, where there is a bar on the ground floor. The noise coming from this bar, which includes singing past midnight, kept us up for the whole week we were there. I stay in a lot of hotels, and this has been the loudest by far, similar to staying in a college frat house.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed at this hotel many times, sometimes two weeks in a row, on business. Service is good and the rooms are comfortable and clean. I also like the room service menu (including healthy options), the restaurants and, to balance things out, the gym and proximity to Downtown parks. I initially chose this hotel due to its location (close to the office) but then kept returning because I was happy with it.

My last two stays (in April and May 2014) were part of my honeymoon (in transit through Houston both ways). I redeemed some of my Hyatt points (good value) and got a room on a preferred location with a complimentary bottle of cava and a bed decorates with flowers in return. Excellent!

Improvement points for me would be:
- Price of parking (although I'm afraid that's a fact of life Downtown)
- Provide more healthy options for breakfast and perhaps more specific choice for lunch
- Attendance of the Gold Passport desk (loyal guests often have to wait longer than regular guests).

All in all a decent hotel which I'm happy to recommend.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the higher floors to minimize sound from the lobby area
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Tom J, Manager at Hyatt Regency Houston, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Thank you so much for reviewing the Hyatt Regency Houston after all of your stays with us. We are so glad to hear that you enjoy our service and in-room dining menus; we are introducing some new menu items this month that we think you will greatly enjoy! We were also thrilled to learn that you had a wonderful honeymoon here with us; we've made a commitment to placing our guest’s experiences as a high priority in the heart of everything we do, and would like to thank you for recognizing our efforts. We can't wait for you to come back and see us again!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stay in hotels a lot. I want it to be safe, clean, quiet, have a comfortable bed and a decent gym. Anything else is upside although always welcome.

This hotel is getting a 1 because I didn't get any sleep due to the mechanical noise coming from a room right next to mine. Being able to sleep is certainly one of the top priorities in rating a hotel. If you do decide to stay here, do not stay in room 2242. It is at the end of the hallway and there is a door right next to it that much lead to some type of mechanical room. I have no doubt your experience in other rooms would be better but I still wouldn't rate the place as more than a 3. I will explain that belowl.

The hotel was full so I could not move. This meant literally no sleep at all.

The hotel is pretty highly priced for what it is. With all the added taxes my room was nearly $400 night. For that the through in internet (which should be included anyway) and a breakfast (which is decent). One other irritation is that they do not even provide one bottle of water. You have to pay $3.50 for a bottle of Aquafina in the room. Certainly not a deciding factor when staying in a hotel but just one of those little irritants.

BTW, their idea of service recovery for my lost night's sleep was to comp me one bottle of water. That is just laughable.

Some other thoughts....

If you are working in downtown Houston, the location is great. If you are just in Houston for pleasure, stay somewhere else. There isn't much right around other than high priced chain restaurants. I needed some make up and the only choice nearby was a small, run down CVS pharmacy. I would suggest the Galleria Area which isn't that far away and has much more interesting shopping and eating.

The gym is good. It has LifeFitness equipment which isn't my personal preference but was clean and there is a good amount of equipment - 5 elliptical, 6 treadmill, three bikes and free weights. The hotel was full when I was there and that meant that the gym was also very crowded.

There is a restaurant (Shula's) in the lobby and an Einstein's Bagels. I ate at the Shula's for breakfast which was OK.

All in all, I won't be back because they really couldn't have cared less about my bad experience. There are other hotels in the area and I would give them a try next time.

Room Tip: Do not choose 2242
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. On behalf of the hotel, I'd like to sincerely apologize that your stay was anything less than perfect. We know just how important a good night’s sleep is to prepare you for the day ahead and are disheartened to hear that you did not find your room quiet and relaxing. We do have ear plugs located in all of our guest rooms and are working on a soundproofing project throughout the hotel to be finished by the end of the year. We think this will make great strides towards ensuring all of our guests can sleep soundly at our property. Conversely, we were pleased to learn that you found the gym clean and well-equipped. Our hotel strives to make every guest comfortable and to see the true value in staying at Hyatt Regency Houston; we hope you will reconsider staying with us again so we can show you all we have to offer.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary at the Hyatt Regency Houston. It was such a wonderful experience. Everyone, I mean, EVERYONE was so friendly and pleasant. From the valet person, to the lady at the front desk and our waiter at Shula's. OMG! They even gave us a complimentary champagne. We didn't expect this at all. It made our special day so much more special. We will definitely stay here again. All the facilities were excellent! We plan to go back here and dine at the Spindletop. You have to reserve at least 30 days in advance to get in here. But Shula's was wonderful! Steak was awesome. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ruby411
Tom J, Manager at Hyatt Regency Houston, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Wow! We are absolutely beside ourselves after reading your glowing review. We've made a commitment to placing our guest’s experiences as a high priority in the heart of everything we do, and would like to thank you for recognizing our efforts. Thank you so much for entrusting us to make your wedding anniversary a joyous occasion, we can't wait to welcome you back next year to celebrate your 27th anniversary!