2,217 results
All reviewsbagel shopeinstein bagelsspindletop restaurantshula's steakhouseeinstein brotherslobby barnice hotelvalet parkingguest servicesdowntown areaconvention centerbusiness tripbusiness hotelhigh floorroom servicecorner roomself park
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Great location, excellent service, friendly staff, good clean room, shuttle to ballgame... very satisfying experience. Only drawbacks: paying for Internet (that is being addressed at the moment) and fridge in room... which we declined as it was not at all critical to us.

Room Tip: Check if a fridge is important to you
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Tom J, Manager at Hyatt Regency Houston, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

We appreciate the review and are very pleased that you enjoyed your visit. You are correct, starting this summer we will offer free Wi-Fi in our first floor lobby and restaurants. Our guest room network will also be state of the art with a fiber connection in each room. Hope you will get to experience our new system on your next visit.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Arrived to a double room, when I asked for a king, they upgraded me to the top floor. The check-in experience could not be better. Very pleasant front desk person. Room was nice, a little bigger than the other floors, but you are not missing anything if you're on the other 19 floors. There is no executive floor. Went to work-out at about 6:30am, but every machine and weights were full. The line for sitdown breakfast was at least 25 deep at around 7am.

When I filled the bathroom sink, I noticed the water was rusty, so I wonder if I was cleaner BEFORE or AFTER my shower...

Quick bite at dinnertime and breakfast at the Einstein bagel in the lobby was good. Prices are reasonable and the food good for takeout food.

A charge of $7 for the two bottles of water in room came a few days later. There was no sign on the waters, so I assumed they were free, as upgrades in the Hilton family come with two bottles of water. Although it's OK to charge $3.50 for a bottle that cost them a dime, they should at least let you know the charge. I resent having to write them for a refund. Management reversed the charge, said they fixed the rusty water, and said they offered free passes to the YMCA when the fitness center is full. Were it not for these problems, I would've rated 4.

Did not experience any problem with noise as other reviewers mention; it was a Monday night.

Parking is next door and paid for separate from the hotel, $15/day. Not unreasonable for a downtown hotel. It is connected to the hotel via a walkway.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We wanted to stay downtown so we wouldn't have to drive back to Katy after our 'Historic Downtown Pub Craw'. I found the Hyatt weekend rate was reasonable and booked. We arrived and stopped to ask the valet where to park. He was quite abrupt and didn't seem too eager to help. His response was "pick a garage" this is valet parking only. Okay! Luckily, we didn't let that ruin our day. We drove around the block again and found parking directly across from the hotel with a walkway. It was $15 per day (half the cost of valet parking).

The hotel was beautiful. The front desk and concierge were very welcoming and we thoroughly enjoyed the location and our stay.

Room Tip: Park yourself and save $15 (valet is $30).
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Great service at Valet, front desk, bellhop, restaurant hostess & waitress, bartender & waitress. A well run hotel! Rooms are clean, comfortable. Location is very good for downtown venues (easy in, easy out).There were plenty of choices of after hours restaurants when our event didn't finish till 11pm. We chose Frank's Pizza, it's open till 4am and is just around the corner. Overall a great stay.

Room Tip: We were on the 29th floor. Great views of downtown and the lobby soooo very far below. Elevator rides (choose inside or outside views) were fun for everyone.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2013

First impressions with this hotel were quite good. Friendly staff and a nice looking atrium, but unfortunately there are so many other things wrong with this hotel that I would recommend staying somewhere else...

On the plus side: The rooms are quite reasonable with a comfortable bed and pillows, and it appeared clean. The bathroom was quite dated.

On the negative side: I got the distinct impression that management of this hotel will try any devious trick to extract money from you. For example, they refuse to accept any package and will tell you they have 'contracted' this facility to FedEx... Hello - I am a paying guest at the hotel and will not accept being ripped off for a 'receiving' fee because you decide to outsource this facility to someone else. Sure, get them to handle your packages if you like, but don't try and charge me for it!

Breakfast was a huge disappointment. This is a large hotel, and has what appears to be a very nice looking restaurant for breakfast. Walk in and you will be sorely disappointed. Extremely limited range, no fresh juices apart from the orange juice that they lock away and will only serve you upon request. No 'real' coffee, only the ash tasting swill served in a mug.

Limited breads / pastry and no bircher muesli. A coffee machine would be a welcome addition. I have had much nicer breakfast offerings at much smaller hotels than this one.

The gym was small and not well equipped.

The local area is quite downmarket with homeless people on the streets and the feeling of ghost town, even during work hours on week day.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Tom J, Manager at Hyatt Regency Houston, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

We appreciate your positive feedback on our Food and Beverage choices, staff and our 24-hour health facilities. Thank you for sharing your experience.