Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
$91
$82
$178
$141
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of $193/night.

$211
$93
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $118/night.

$189
CrownePlaza.com
$280
$138
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $193/night.

$130
$120
Doubletree.com
$200
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $234/night.

The Houstonian(Houston)
$252
$239
Preferred Hotels
2,189 results
All reviewsbagel shopeinstein bagelsspindletop restaurantshula's steakhouseeinstein brotherslobby barnice hotelvalet parkingguest servicesdowntown areaconvention centerbusiness tripbusiness hotelcorner roomself parkbreakfast buffethotel shuttle
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Woah, $329 a night? I would expect at least a bit of luxury at that price but all I got was a standard hotel. It's a huge 30 storey building and the lobby gets crowded and a little noisy in the morning and evening. Avoid the breakfast a rush hour, the line was way out of the restaurant and into the lobby; luckily I could come back a little later when there was no line. There's a pool available. I was here for work, and downtown Houston turns into somewhat of a ghost town in the evening, there's absolutely nothing to do close by to the hotel, no mall, no bars, just a couple of restaurants, so keep that in mind when booking. If you are in Houston on vacation (certainly not on my list) then this is not the place to stay. Staff were friendly and courteous at all times, and the place was clean. Bed was very comfy. Rated 3 dots for the disproportionate price.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less noise from the lobby.
Reviewed April 20, 2013

The hotel was clean, big, and welcoming. I would stay here again for my next trip to Houston. The restaurants within the hotel are excellent. The staff was friendly. My room was clean and quiet. I really liked the fitness facility, a lot of equipment and clean as well. Location is great as well.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Tom J, Manager at Hyatt Regency Houston, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

We appreciate the review and happy to hear that we exceeded your expectations. Hope we can be a service again soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The Hyatt Regency Houston is directly located in Houston's Business District. By entering the lobby the guest is welcomed by an imposing lobby, the glass elevators are certainly the eye-catcher.
The shopping facilities in the vicinity are quite meager, most restaurants will be closed in the evening hours, but there are some recommendable restaurants near Bayou Place, but you will have to pay horrendous prices.
The staff is quite reserved, except the concierge, who is very obliging and friendly.
The staff is very professional with claims: Our A/C was very noisy, thereupon someone from the maintenance staff came and tried to repair it. They even offered us another room.

Room Tip: Splendid view on higher floors.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is an older property that has been renovated. The room and the bed were relatively comfortable but I noticed some stains on the bed covers and on the couch that grossed me out a bit - so maybe more attention to detail on cleaning the rooms. On the first night, my bathroom door got stuck when I closed it and I had to fight with all my strength to get myself out. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and the downtown location was convenient - not far from the conference I was attending. My one big complaint was noise. All the rooms face an interior balcony which is open to the very noisy lobby below. You can hear shouts, echoes and so on from all the people hanging out in the restaurant, lounge and the lobby below - the noise levels are even worse on the weekend as you can imagine. It was very annoying especially after travelling such a distance and feeling perfectly exhausted. Other than that, the hotel dining was excellent and deserving of rave reviews, however, I think I would pass on this hotel on my next trip to Houston.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Tom J, Manager at Hyatt Regency Houston, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for the feedback. We understand at times our Atrium design can carry unwanted noise to certain floors in our building. We are in the process of making some design changes to address the feedback we receive from guests like yourself. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our staff and we hope we can be of service in the future.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed here for an international conference of organizational psychologists because the conference hotel was fully booked. I am thankful for that circumstance based on my experiences with this hotel. The room was comfortable, well maintained, and relaxing. The employees, from front desk to housekeeping, to restauranteurs were courteous, professional, engaging, and happy. The concierge staff were the most helpful I have experienced. I encourage management to continue the training, culture, and high standard expectation that has been set around the customer experience...you are pacing to be an industry leader in my humble opinion.

Room Tip: Te higher floor you are on, the more you are away from the liveliness that is the atrium an LobbiBar. Regardless, a quality experience.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

We appreciate the 5-star review. We are very proud of our team and their ability to offer authentic hospitality to all of our customers. We will be sure to share your delightful comments. Thank you for your opinions and we hope to serve you again.