“Very nice hotel in Houston”

Hyatt Regency Houston
Ranked #35 of 506 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Michigan
“Very nice hotel in Houston”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel recently for a conference, for a single night. The staff was very nice and I was able to check in early, around lunchtime, before going to the conference center. The room itself was clean and comfortable, with my only complaint being that the air conditioning was a bit loud and woke me up a few times during the night. The shower was really nice, with a good flow rate of hot water.

In the morning before checking out and heading over to the second conference day, my roommate and I stopped by the restaurant for breakfast. Their breakfast buffet is a bit on the expensive side but a very good choice if you're hungry. They had fresh-made waffles, made at your request, and made-to-order omelets, as well as a wide range of other items.

Overall it was a good stay, with the only negative being that noisy AC. I would stay there again if I was in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Las Piñas City, Philippines
Reviewed November 10, 2012

My colleague and I from the Philippines stayed in this hotel for almost 3 weeks because we are attending several meetings over at One Shell Plaza. We absolutely loved our stay in this hotel. All the hotel staff were very friendly and courteous. Our room is lovely. We also love the Einsten's Bagels, hotel food and the Spindletop (superb 360° view of Houston!). We'll definitely recommend this hotel to our colleagues and friends planning to visit Houston :)

Room Tip: We stayed at the 16th floor, and noise was not an issue.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tom J, Manager at Hyatt Regency Houston, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for posting your review and pictures from your recent visit. I will pass along your sentiments regarding our service level to the entire team. We hope you can make plans to visit again soon.
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Beautiful hotel with staff that couldn't do enough for us. Breakfast in the lobby. Bake sale in the evening so we didn't buy expensive desserts at the restaurants. Spacious rooms within walking distance of the convention center. Einsteins bagels in the lobby! Exciting glass elevators.Very technical ....got an email from the hotel the day of my arrival saying my room was ready and got my key from a kiosk. No line!

Room Tip: Great city views on high floors
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Tom J, Manager at Hyatt Regency Houston, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for the feedback. We are thrilled you enjoyed the special "Bake Sale" for the International Quilt Festival and Market attendees. We have received many positive comments and we will be sure to have it again for next year’s conference. Hope you can return.
IL
Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed the unique shape of the room. Fun ride in the glassed elevator. Restaurant quite nice.

Went to conference and it is really far from the conference center. The conference did run busses, however traffic hampers their movement. Transit is tough and makes careful planning of trips critical.

• Stayed November 2012
Anahuac, Tx
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed October 30th...had to be at 800 Bell Street for a training class at 8 a.m. Eventhough the company paid for everything, this hotel is a little overpriced -- valet parking was $30 and wireless for a fee. I had a room with a pool view...it's an outdoor pool. This hotel is very convenient for those having to go to 800 Bell Street...only a couple of blocks over...walking distance. The hotel has shuttle service but was very busy that morning. It wasn't an excellent stay but a very good one.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here as participant in the International Quilt Festival and this was one of the host hotels. This hotel is in walking distance to the George Brown convention center which is where the festival was held. Excellent service; however the price to park is very expensive. $30 per day for 3 days and I didn't use my car once after I checked in. I ordered room service the first night I was there and the speed of delivery was fantastic as well as the next morning for breakfast. I asked for it to be delivered between 7:00 am and 7:30 am and at exactly 7:00 am there was a knock at my door! Expensive?, yes, but very prompt. My breakfast for one person cost me $38.00! I do think that was a bit excessive, but I didn't use the room server again after that meal. I ate at the restaurant my last night there and I was seated promptly and the server was very attentive. By far an excellent hotel with a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
We appreciate the 5-Star review. Every year it is our pleasure to be one of the host hotels for the International Quilt Festival and Market. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed our food and beverage outlets and we will look forward to your return next year.
Chicago
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Hyatt was a very pleasant surprise. Having stayed for periods of time at other hotels in the immediate area, I now think this one is the best. In addition to having Shula's restaurant, there is also a 24-hour coffee shop, apples on the front desk, very comfortable beds, spotless bathrooms, and a sharp staff. And, a few steps away is a Benihana. The hotel has an ample buffet breakfast, if you decide to go that route.

I was there for business, and I have status in the Hyatt chain. So, I did receive some amenities. There was a snafu on my dinner order...delayed, well beyond the norm. With the International Quilters in town, I am sure the kitchen staff was racing in every direction to accommodate all the guests. When the staff realized my situation, they went 100% overboard to correct the error. Even the manager got involved...something I thought was not necessary...but everyone wanted to be beyond-gracious.

I made my direct reservation through the hotel. The "back office" personnel were terrific. Everything they did was spot-on. Kudos to them.

The front desk personnel were "correct". I would have liked a less robotic interaction.

The internet worked fine for my business purposes.

I like this hotel. And for my next trip to Houston... I'll be staying at the Hyatt.

1 Thank Coffeecup1390