“BEWARE - MAJOR Rennovations!”

Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor
Ranked #156 of 510 Hotels in Houston
chicago, il
“BEWARE - MAJOR Rennovations!”
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Just a quick review - I booked this hotel on the internet. Have stayed here 10 plus times in the last five years and this property had ranked as one of my favorite Courtyards. The lobby area is non-existent. Construction barricades everywhere. Difficult to navigate to rooms around the construction. There was nothing on the internet indicating any of this renovation was occurring. If you are staying in your room the entire time you are here than this should only be a minor inconvenience. If you planned to meet clients, have a nice alternate place to hang out, have a drink at the lounge then I would advise to wait until this is completed.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Jon C, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Dear Burchard,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay at the Courtyard by Marriot Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor in October 2010.

I understand that you did not have a pleaseant experience during your stay due to the renovation of the hotel.

As part of this change, we completely renovated the entire lobby and restaurant, adding the Bistro restaurant which is open for breakfast and dinner daily, and many multi-function spaces within the lobby to relax, gather or be productive. This includes a theater area, business center, media pods and communal table.

Burchard, I hope that the next time that you travel to Houston, you will choose to stay with us again so that you can see for yourself all of the exciting changes we have had since the last time you stayed with us.

Kindest Regards,
Jon Craven
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
somewhere
Reviewed May 20, 2010

i normally stay in galleria. this particular week everything was booked and i ventured outside to west loop....

+cushiest bed and bedding. spent a week in hotel Icon downtown (#35) and this was a better sleep. by far.
+huge room. i asked for a king single, got a queen double, massive room, good work table
+friendly staff. had a little issue with a supplied furnishing... staff followed up immediately
+housekeeping left a basket of fresh towels and amenities outside my door everytime i DND'ed. great touch i thought - i like my privacy and noones ever replenished when i DND elsewhere

i cant find a single complaint. cant rank 5* cuz its a not a 5* hotel, but for what it was it my stay was flawless. will stay again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Dallas, TX
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Although conveniently located on the access road to I-10, the road noise can be a bit loud depending upon the room. The rooms have been updated (redecorated, new AC/heat) since my last stay. They are much, much nicer, brighter and more modern. The staff is friendly and seems genuinely nice. I've stayed at this specific location a number of times. I have never had any issues with the wired internet service; performance has been fine. The hotel is close to a good 5 mi jogging trail - Buffalo Bayou Park Trail.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
los angeles
Reviewed July 13, 2009

The hotel is located right off the freeway which makes it easy to find. The front desk staff was nice and took care of us. My only issue is the rooms were not that clean. The carpet had not been vacumed in a while. I checked in late at night and didn't want to go and change the room. I have stayed at many Courtyards and this was in the lower range. I wouldn't recommend it at all. I paid over $100 a night for this room.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
India
Reviewed June 19, 2009

Stayed there for three days on a conferance .Did not have any problems with buffet breakfast evn though i am a vegeterian.very freindly staff.
Free internet on two stations available in the lobby area.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Hotel staff was fine. Room was fine. Location is good.

Broken elevator was inconvenient but that's not the reason for the poor review.

The reason for the review is the horrible iBahn service. I will spare you the details but suffice it to say that iBahn could not give me a reliable connection with my roaming partner after 5+ disconnects, two phone calls and two hours of my time.

When I called the front desk to update them Lisa gave me some Marriott points as a goodwill gesture so I give them a 3 star rating when I'd normally give a Courtyard where I can't work effectively more than 2 starts.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 5, 2008

I stayed at this property August 14 - 16th as I had business at the ConocoPhillips office on Dairy Ashford so this property is super close. Check in was quick and the room was great. There was a king-sized bed, desk with chair, couch and a decent sized t.v. There were nice toiletries in the bathroom and a coffee maker as well. I just went to the lobby to get creamer instead of using the powdered stuff. The room was quiet, temperature in the room was easy to control and although I noticed late the first night my phone wasn't working, I didn't do anything about it till the next morning but they had it fixed immediately. You do get newspapers at your door during the week and they have a wonderful breakfast/brunch available at a reasonable price. I never got an opportunity to go into the pool area, but it was clean and open for long hours. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay there again.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable bed
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)