“Good breakfast ,friendly staff”

Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor
Ranked #143 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed June 19, 2009

Stayed there for three days on a conferance .Did not have any problems with buffet breakfast evn though i am a vegeterian.very freindly staff.
Free internet on two stations available in the lobby area.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business

Reviewed June 17, 2009

Hotel staff was fine. Room was fine. Location is good.

Broken elevator was inconvenient but that's not the reason for the poor review.

The reason for the review is the horrible iBahn service. I will spare you the details but suffice it to say that iBahn could not give me a reliable connection with my roaming partner after 5+ disconnects, two phone calls and two hours of my time.

When I called the front desk to update them Lisa gave me some Marriott points as a goodwill gesture so I give them a 3 star rating when I'd normally give a Courtyard where I can't work effectively more than 2 starts.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2008

I stayed at this property August 14 - 16th as I had business at the ConocoPhillips office on Dairy Ashford so this property is super close. Check in was quick and the room was great. There was a king-sized bed, desk with chair, couch and a decent sized t.v. There were nice toiletries in the bathroom and a coffee maker as well. I just went to the lobby to get creamer instead of using the powdered stuff. The room was quiet, temperature in the room was easy to control and although I noticed late the first night my phone wasn't working, I didn't do anything about it till the next morning but they had it fixed immediately. You do get newspapers at your door during the week and they have a wonderful breakfast/brunch available at a reasonable price. I never got an opportunity to go into the pool area, but it was clean and open for long hours. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2007

Given that I paid a room rate of about $115/night, I wasn't expecting a luxury room. However, the towels are very thin and threadbare (probably from over-use, too many washings without replacement), the A/C in the room is very loud (making sleeping more difficult), and the hallway A/C unit continued to run even when the outside temp took a big dip...making the hallways like an icebox.

However, the thing that caused me to write this review (something I don't normally take the time to do) is that on two consecutive nights, I came back to my hotel room to find the door ajar...anyone could have simply pushed the door open at any time and had complete access to my room...and my travel posessions. I wrote the first time off as a fluke, as there was nothing missing from my room. The second time was the night before my departure date, at which point I did call the front desk and reported the issue. I was not able to determine if any actions were taken as a result of my report.

I've never had this problem at any hotel, and I'm a frequent traveller (executive platinum on AA). Beware.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Architect77
Reviewed October 11, 2006

I stayed at this hotel while attending a course in Houston.

The hotel staff was very friendly, especially the night staff. The location is a little far away from the action but access isn't too bad, it is just off the I-10 and close to the Sam Houston Toll Road. If you are wanting to goto downtown, it may not be your place but without saying, if you are staying in the West end (somewhere near this hotel) I would recommend it.

The rooms are fairly large and hotel was well kept. A couple of things i liked about it, there is free internet service (two computers) with a high speed connection available for guests, plus you are allowed to print documents, so i found that very helpful. It also had a coin laundry area (the hotel will supply the detergent) that was helpful as I did not bring alot of clothes along.

The breakfast and lunch was okay, not the greatest, but there are restaurants nearby, I would recommend that instead.

Overall, it exceeded my expectations and I would likely return if I have another close in the west end of Houston.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank tg49ers
Reviewed June 11, 2006

We stayed as part of a baseball team for a rate of $69 per night, and the $69 per night was certainly worth it! The hotel staff was friendly, the beds were very comfortable (you'll have a good night's sleep), and the shower was a standard size. The bathroom was bigger than normal with a counter top opposite the shower. The sink was outside the bathroom. Free wired high-speed internet, so that was a plus. Our room had little noise: you could hear the occasional time when someone runs down the hallway, but I heard no noise from I-10 at night.
Very satisfied, especially with the great beds. The pool looked clean. I recommend and would stay here again if I needed to be around this area!

Stayed: June 2006
3  Thank gobucksgo!
Reviewed February 9, 2006

I was really amazed at how much nicer this courtyard is than the others I've stayed at, from all the marble and dark woods in the grand lobby to the very professional staff to the rooms that look all bright and spring-themed, like something out of better homes and gardens. And the bed...oh my gosh it had one of those foam memory mattresses...great sleeping experience. This is one of those hotels that on the outside looks like it might be very average, but inside is just awesome. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business