Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Omni Houston Hotel Westside(Houston)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsdairy ashfordnights while visiting familyfront deskclean place to staybuffet breakfastenergy corridormain lobbyfriendly hotelwest sidean older propertycheck in was quickstayed for nightsbeds were very comfortableconvenient locationcoffee makerfirst floorwould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have been at this hotel several times because it's very close to my company's offices.
The room is standard. The most disturbing thing is the air conditioning that is extremely noisy.
The other annoying thing is there is no buffet breakfast anymore. You have to go to a counter and order dishes one by one. You end up eating too much and paying too much if you want to have a varied breakfast.
The main thing I like is the free wifi, that is quite fast.
And of course the ballpens. They have the best hotel ballpens. Obviously not enough to get a better score, also taking in account that the price is not cheap.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank busterMilan_Italy
Steve R, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2014

Dear busterMilan_Italy,
Thank you for taking the time in sharing your experience with your stay. I am sorry your stay was met with a noisy air conditioning unit and that you do not like the Courtyard Bistro concept. We service our air conditioning units almost 3 times a year to ensure they operate efficiently and with as little noise as possible, I am sorry you were in a room that needed service. The new Bistro has replaced the old buffet concept due to a change with the times. With our inclusion of Starbucks it was necessary to revamp our food service area and with that the buffet went away. I am very glad to read that you like our pens.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

i have stayed at this hotel several times and wanted to book another meeting. Kimbra Hill did a nice job the last meeting we had at this hotel. Well their attitudes have really changed. They were not full - but would not come off their "rack" rate even for a platinum member who was booking a meeting room. Then they would not even come off their rate for the meeting room even though it would be for only a 1/2 day (morning only) and the fact that i was going to purchase lunch for 15 people.
So i booked with a H/I just down the street - meeting room was 1/2 of Marriott price - their room rate was about the same but they did come off the "rack" rate. It isnt the money -- everyone have to make a profit - i just do not care for the "we are doing you a favor" attitude. I can spend my money elsewhere. Business may be good but if customers go other places it wont be for long.

Room Tip: Try another Marriott
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Steve R, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear L G L,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your meeting room booking. I apologize if you felt that my sales person was being condescending during your interaction with her as I believe the conversation may have been miscommunicated with you in some way. We appreciate our Platinum Marriott Rewards members and do our best to apply a discount to their meeting room needs whenever possible and I believe a discount was offered to yours as well. I am sorry that this meeting did not work out for both of us but I ask that you give us another opportunity to serve you and show you that what you experienced was an isolated incident.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Business hotel. Easy connect to various locations. Malls nearby. Very friendly staff. Good breakfast menu. Very cordial bus ride to customers location. Flexible and friendly. Taxi service in Houston is bad, hence, recommend hire a vehicle and drive along. Overall good stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Steve R, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear DPC14,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I appreciate your patronage to Marriott Hotels and Resorts and my property.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Arrived on a very late flight to check-in. Was assigned a room where I needed to walk outside across a courtyard pulling my luggage (I'd hate to have to do this in a rainstorm). Turned on my air conditioner and it turned into a freight train - rattling and rumbling amazingly loudly. Too tired to get dressed and change rooms; plus only a few hours until my meeting I stayed and tried to sleep. Check your air conditioner before you settle in.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ild

Dear ild,
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry you had an issue with our air conditioner, we do check these on a regular basis so I apologize this one was missed. You come to a hotel for a good night's rest. We do have corridors to allow guests to get to their room from the lobby area, it sounds like you took our shortcut through our courtyard area. I appreciate you staying with us and hope to have you as a guest again to show you that what you experienced was an isolated incident.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Hotel was conveniently located right off of I-10. The room was clean and sizable. The bed and the furnishings were comfortable. Lobby is large and has the typical restaurant found in Courtyards. The room was quiet even on the first floor. The price was reasonable for Houston. Service desk was very friendly and helpful. The fitness room was nice, but too small for the number of people attempting to use the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Steve R, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Binaustin,
Thank you for sharing your recent stay's experience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We do have plans in the future to expand our exercise room. I appreciate your patronage to Marriot Hotels and Resorts and my property.
Steve Ryan