“Terrific Staff - Great Attitude”

Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor
Ranked #141 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed May 1, 2012

We had a 50 person group stay for 2 nights at this property. They were very accommodating to our erratic check out schedule. The rooms were clean, furniture should be upgraded in the next year or so.
The Courtyard common area standerd makeover works well here.

What moved this property from 3 to 4 stars is the staff. The front desk and management were incredible. Kudos especially to the lady who ran the bistro. For 2 days, she served a continuous line of coupon holding free breakfast customers with a constant smile and tremendous attitude. All of the food service staff was exceptional. Note to coupon holders....remember to leave a gratuity!

We would definitely go back. Don't drive too far south from the property...the neighborhoods do not appear the safest. However, a short drive East to City Centre is worth the trip for dining and shopping.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Jon C, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2012

Dear Texastraveler091,

Thank you for your review, and I remember talking with you throughout your stay with us about the needs for your sports team. I am glad that we were accommodate you and your team. I am pleased that our lobby was able to provide your team with enough privacy for you to host your pre and post-game de-briefs wth ease.

Thank you again for choosing us, and we look forward to hosting your team the next time you are completing in Houston.

Kindest regards,
Jon Craven,

Reviewed March 5, 2012

I stayed here 2 nights on my most recent business trip to Houston because all the downtown hotels were full due to the Texas Rodeo. I was plesently surprised of the resonable cost compared to the downtown hotels. The commute was only 20-30 minutes to downtown. The property is located very near the toll road and I-610 loop. Quick access to the westside. The Bistro was great. I had their healthy breakfast sandwich that was served quick and hot. Only 390 calories. I was very impressed with the staff. The morning I had breakfast the Bistro fulled up quickly and there was a long line. The manager on duty quickly came over and expedited the service. Great Job. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Jon C, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Dear red0099,

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, and taking the time to complete a review on TripAdvisor.com.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and experienced our new Bistro restaurant. I really appreciate your feedback about your dining experience, and will be sharing this with my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Houston.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed March 5, 2012

I planned a Valentine's Day weekend for my fiance and booked the Junior Suite with whirlpool and it was fabulous! The room was clean and whirlpool (jacuzzi) was awesome. Everything we needed was right to at our fingertips. We will return!

• Stayed: February 2012

Dear ShawnQuan,

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott - Houston I-10 West/Energy corridor for your romantic get-away! We are happy that we were able to help add something extra special for your special weekend.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

Stayed 5 nights on business trip to the area. King Room was clean but a little on the small side. Bathroom was clean but also small. Bed was very comfortable with tons of extra pillows. However, there is no closet space so any hanging garments will go in the armoire. Unfortunately, thats where you'll also find the iron, ironing board and extra blanket stored. Basically I had room for one sport coat and a couple of shirts, the rest had to go in the dresser. Bistro in the lobby was a little pricey but what hotel food isn't? Food was good though and service was great. Location is in a safe area and backs up to well lighted office buildings and parking areas. Felt very safe walking out to my car to retrieve a few items late at night. If you can get a good price not a bad place to stay for a business trip. If you are vacationing with the family there are better places.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor toward the back. You'll avoid the traffic from the lobby and t...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear PeteMcGuire,

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott - Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor and providing feedback about your stay with us.

Some of our rooms have built-in closets, and other rooms have armoires. As you commented, the armoires are very spacious for a shorter trips, and the room provides a dresser with drawers for additional storage.

We very much appreciate your feedback about the Bistro restaurant, and the overall experience of your stay with us.

Thank you again for choosing us, and we look forward to seeing you the next time your visit Houston.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

This hotel has been through a well-deserved renovation. The staff here is excellent, and was very personable. I'd give this property five stars save for that the restaurant has been replaced with one of the Courtyard line's single-serve cafe style experiences, which comes along with uncomfortable seating and comparatively slow service. (This is not the fault of the staff - it's the layout that makes these slow for customers.) I'm hoping that Marriott is listening...

Room Tip: Ask to be on the south side of the hotel, as it does not face I-10.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Jon C, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2012

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I will be sharing your positive comments with my team.
We are very excited about our recent renovation and addition of the Bistro Restaurant. This is a change in style from the traditional buffet breakfast which we previously provided. We are now able to provide our guests a cooked to order meal with more variety.
Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Houston!

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Recently, visited the Houston area. Stayed at the Courtyard Marriot - nice, friendly, staff. Nice relaxing stress free weekend after returning from the second family funeral within two weeks.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Just a quick review - I booked this hotel on the internet. Have stayed here 10 plus times in the last five years and this property had ranked as one of my favorite Courtyards. The lobby area is non-existent. Construction barricades everywhere. Difficult to navigate to rooms around the construction. There was nothing on the internet indicating any of this renovation was occurring. If you are staying in your room the entire time you are here than this should only be a minor inconvenience. If you planned to meet clients, have a nice alternate place to hang out, have a drink at the lounge then I would advise to wait until this is completed.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Dear Burchard,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay at the Courtyard by Marriot Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor in October 2010.

I understand that you did not have a pleaseant experience during your stay due to the renovation of the hotel.

As part of this change, we completely renovated the entire lobby and restaurant, adding the Bistro restaurant which is open for breakfast and dinner daily, and many multi-function spaces within the lobby to relax, gather or be productive. This includes a theater area, business center, media pods and communal table.

Burchard, I hope that the next time that you travel to Houston, you will choose to stay with us again so that you can see for yourself all of the exciting changes we have had since the last time you stayed with us.