“Excellent stay”

Ranked #78 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Sao Paulo, SP
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton Houston Southwest for 2 nights alone in November 13. The hotel surprised me positively. King bed was good, large room, clean, a lot of space.
Showerhead could be newer, but that's all.
Rate included breakfast buffet that was good.
A special highlight for the staff: you just can't go through front desk without being greeted at least once.
A lot of available parking.
Hotel is by a highway, so ask for a higher floor.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Tom M, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Wow another Excellent stay review - thank you so much for noticing that we really care about our guests and for using the word excellent - it is a corner stone of our "Be Excellent" culture - I hope this first stay will encourage you to become a regular at our hotel! Thank you again for being our guest!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Korean first
DeSoto, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

The staff at this Hotel are beyond Excellent!! They were attentive, inquired as to our needs and were ever-present. When I had an issue with the noise level in my room, the Manager made an adjustment quickly!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank for your review - I really liked the way you used the word Excellent to describe your stay - our goal is to always provide excellent guest service in all ways, all the time! Thank you for selecting our hotel!
IRVING
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Front desk staff is professional and "out-shine" the staff at both the fancy Doubletree on Greenway and downtown. Clearly this is an older hotel but well maintained. My room was very clean and the Hilton dream bed did not disappoint. I loved the FREE use of the laundry. I'll come back for this alone. Do be aware this hotel is along the freeway and even if you room is in the back of the hotel you can here the cars swishing by. I just turned on my heat to buffer the sound.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the positive comments on the friendliness of our front desk team - they are an excellent group of hospitality professionals! Thank you also for mentioning the free guest laundry - a great amenity for our guests! I hope you will continue to use our hotel as your Houston home when your travels bring you this way.
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

Excellent service and great staff. Extremely friendly and helpful. I'd stay here again gladly. They greeted me every time with a smile and a welcome. They were at the elevator to help. Great breakfast. Enjoyed a casual healthy meal at the bar.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the excellent review - you expierenced our "Be Excellent" service culture and I am glad we exceeded your expectations!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have stayed at the Hilton Southwest dozens of times and am never disappointed. The staff are superb and respond to your needs. Breakfast is excellent and the entire on-the-road experience is positive. The location is close to the highway and overall value is terrific.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Always so nice to hear from one of our regular guests on our excellent service culture - thank you for your comments.Thanks also for mentioning our excellent breakfast buffett - I think it is one of the best in town! Please ask for me at the front desk during your next stay - I would like to thank you in person!
Austin, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed Three nights. House keeping made my bed and did not replace the dirty drink glasses that I used after the first night. After the second night They did not make my bed or replace my drink glasses that I used. I even left the paper coaster in the glass so that they would see that it had been used.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I am sorry we did not meet your expectations for cleanliness of your room and I have discuss this concern with my Dir. of HSK, I hope you will give us a second opportunity and encourage you to contact me at tom.mathews@hilton.com and I will handle your next reservation myself and make sure you receive an upgrade.
Leesville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was the first time I stayed at this Hilton location. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. It was also located right off the highway so it was easy to get to Galleria area and the Energy Corridor. I will definitely be staying here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for being our guest and the Excellent review - I hope we become your hotel of choice in Houston - please ask for me during your next stay I would like to thank you in person!