“Mediocre at best”

Ranked #79 of 504 Hotels in Houston
A TripAdvisor Member
“Mediocre at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

Very small bathroom that was not very clean, but great bathroom products! Cost of room was much greater than quality, but the breakfast was great. Just make sure you choose the "Bed and Breakfast" option if you are planning on eating breakfast there.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Tom M, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your positive comments on our breakfast - I do want to apologize for your bathroom having some cleaning issues - we appreciate your comments and I have already discussed your concerns with our executive HSK and the team member who was assigned your room. I hope you will give us another oppertunity to serve you if your travels bring you back to Houston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Korean first
irving, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Not too impressed....It's ok as a hotel. I travel for a living so I've seen worse but keep this in mind.....They over charge at the front desk for everything e.g. 1 Doritos chips $3 The staff,if in a good mood will be nice but not always.I usually get caught in an odd silence with me instigating small talk while they check me in. Not all the staff though...the black girls have been very friendly...sorry don't remember their names.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Tom M, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for your review and I am sorry we did not exceed your expectations - we have a great culture of excellence and I hope you will give us another oppertunity on your next visit to Houston to WOW you!
Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I would go back to this hotel. The service was excellent. It is farther from Galleria than I would like, but it easy to get there once you figure out how to get around. The only thing I didn't like was that my room had a door to the room next to it and they can never seal noise from these doors. The guy next to me watched television until midnight, which wasn't too bad.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking time to review us and I am glad you enjoyed your stay! I hope the next time your travels bring you to Houston you will stay with us again!
Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I spent 3 days at this hotel for a martial arts function. Check in was effortless, we had our key and were on our way in minutes. I always hold my breath when reservations are made 6 months in advance.
We stayed in room 623 which is in the back of the building and no affected by traffic noise. It is also close to the elevators! The room was spacious and clean with good quality furnishings and no smell (good or bad). The windows were clean and we had a nice view.
The bathroom was a bit small, but the tile and grout were clean. The best part was the very hot water and great water pressure in the shower. Seriously, after a few workouts, this shower gave me the same relief as the hottub! The towels were oversized and wrapped comfortably. They were good quality and again didn't smell like bleach.
The hotel offered fruit infused water in the lobby and had several little seating areas to congregate with friends. There were computers for general use in the lobby and everyone used them to print boarding passes or even play games.
There is a small bar in the atrium which although it was small, it was located in the atrium, so everyone seemed to just flow down the stairs but were still within earshot of everyone in the bar.
I ate at the hotel for three days and was still finding new food to try. Breakfast is a buffet with a nice layout of fresh fruit, hot and cold cereals, danish, yogurts, bagels, etc. The hot dishes were consistent...scrambled eggs, sausage links or patties, and bacon. There was biscuits and gravy and I believe grits?! (didn't try them). One morning there was an omlette bar which was excellent because of the fresh foods they used.
I'm not a big meat eater, but the burger I had was the best one I have had in a long time. The jalepeno bun was tasty but not to overpowering. Try their pizza too! A 12 inch was more then one person could eat...fresh and made to order. Another great meal was the chicken breast in a citrus herb sauce...fresh vegetables on the side made this one of my favorite meals.
The staff was always friendly and greeted you like family. The restaurant staff was very accomodating as well.
I really can't say enough good things about my experience at this hotel. I often write reviews for trip advisor and its rare that I give an excellent rating. But honestly, I don't think these people could have made my visit any better. I would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the building so you don't have to deal with highway noise
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tom M, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for your excellent comments concerning your stay with us - our entire team is commited to providing excellent guest service and I am glad you enjoyed your stay - by the way I also think our burger is one of the best in Houston - thanks for mentioning it! I hope you will stay with us again if your travels bring you back to Houston.
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a great time at this hotel - I travel constantly, and I was very happy (and pleasantly surprised) by the prompt service we got for each request. The facility was very well maintained and one of the cleanest I've seen in a long time. Couldn't be more satisfied.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Josh H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We do have an older property, and our housekeeping staff does an excellent job of keeping it clean. We are very excited you took the time to single out and complement our housekeeping staff. They love to hear that our guests enjoyed their hotel rooms so much. We hope to see you again soon.

Have an excellent day!

Mechanicsburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

arrived on a Friday late afternoon. staying until Sunday noon, So far have had excellent service, wonderful front desk staff and a great breakfast buffet. Everyone has been so friendly and helpful to us. Would stay again, room is very nice, clean and comfortable. Glad we chose this hotel.
Came for the weekend from PA to attend a wedding,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are excited to hear that your stay was excellent. We do strive to be the friendliest hotel in Houston. We hope to see you again soon, so we can continue to provide you and your family with excellent guest service. Have an excellent day!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

First thing in the morning I called for maintenance on two room issues. By 6:00pm nothing had been done. Called again and was told it would be fixed right away. We'll see.

Went to the bar while they "might" be fixing the room.
The bartender is terrible. Can't stand her calling everyone "love" and she spends most of her time in the kitchen. She must go! My fries were ok, but the burger was low grade dog food.

With a little effort this could be a decent place. Unfortunately, the effort isn't there.

• Stayed September 2013
Josh H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for the review. To be honest, this not the typical feedback we receive. Our hamburger is by far our most popular dish. Please love the burger and the jalapeno bun! We would love to have you back again soon. I will personally ensure you have a trouble free room and a mouth-watering Desert Rose classic hamburger. Thank you again for taking the time to provide us with feedback. Have an excellent day!