“Great Service!”

Ranked #79 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Denton, Texas
“Great Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

I received the BEST service at this hotel and will continue to come back annually! The amenities are great; the breakfast buffet is amazing, free wireless internet was a plus, and it was nice to have a restaurant and bar onsite. But by far the staff is what makes this hotel even more enjoyable!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Greetings and thank you so much for the positive review. We are very proud of the Excellent service that our associates consistently deliver.

I am so glad that you enjoyed the amenities of our hotel and we look forward to seeing you next year.

Have an Excellent day!
Ron Mader

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

I checked out today, so my memory is fresh. The only thing Hilton about this hotel is the Lobby. The elevator smelled like a dirty diaper. The halls smelled old & musty.
This hotel has no Microwave or Refrigerator, but they brought a nasty fridge to my room (see pic).
The bathroom was so small that the door hit the bathtub every time you opened it.
The drapes did not fit the window, thus no room darkening drapes.
I ordered the most expensive movie from the TV that I have ever seen, because I was too afraid to go out at night due to the rough neighborhood.
Do yourself a favor and do not stay at this Hotel!

• Stayed March 2013
Greetings and thank you for your feedback!
I appreciate your comments and we are currently executing a property improvment plan starting with brand new elevators and then addressing carpet, vinyl and additional upgrades.

I do hope that you try us again in the future and see our improvements.
Regards,
New Braunfels TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel is not located in the best part of Houston but I felt very safe at the hotel. Staff are always there to assist you and take great pride in making sure every little detail is covered. The restaurant is great.ave an extensive menu. I loved the grilled shrimp poorboy. Prices are reasonable. Breakfast buffet: Lots of choices and all is fresh.The executive lounge is a very special benefit which I appreciated.Rooms are well maintained and spacious

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Greetings and thank you for the positive posting regading your stay at our hotel. We are very proud of the Excellent Service that our team provides and I am glad that you enjoyed the restaurant and Executive Lounge.

Please consider us again when visiting Houston!

Thanks and regards
Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

I like to stay here every-time during my business trip. Very close to downtown and a very good location with excellent Restaurants around..Highly recommend the hotel to anyone trying to avoid the downtown area which is kind-closed down after 7 pm.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Greetings and Thank you for the positive feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our hotel and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Best regards,
Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is an overall great hotel, and they offer free shuttles to the nearby mall. The bar was great, the restaurant was great, and the fitness center was very nice. The only drawback was the lack of ventilation in the bathrooms. After my morning workout and shower, I stepped out dripping with sweat; yuck! There is a vent in the bathroom, it simply does not work. We told the front desk and were moved down the hall to another room; low and behold; that vent was also not working. I don't believe any of the vents in the bathrooms work at this hotel. Aside from that, things went well at this hotel, and we essentially spent all our time on site, because we were there for a conference. Walls are a bit thin; one night I had trouble getting to sleep because the room next to ours had the TV on loudly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you so much for the positive review, I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will follow up with our Chief Engineer that the fans were addressed as we have rooftop units that may not have been operating correctly.
I appreciate you bringing it to our attention so we could address.

Have an Excellent day
Burlingame, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We spent the weekend here visiting family. The hotel is located right off of the 59 so there is definitely road noise to deal with. The property itself definitely needs a makeover as it did feel old. It turns out that we were in town during the NBA All-Star weekend, which meant that there was a lot of noise every night from the people coming back from parties at all hours. The executive lounge is not open on weekends but they provided us with breakfast vouchers. We didn't have breakfast on the property so I can't comment on the quality of the food. Not sure if I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Greetings and thank you for the feedback!
I am sorry that your visit was at the same time of the NBA AllStar game, which certainly created some disturbances. We are currently executing a property renovation plan starting with our elevators which are almost completed. When they are finished, we will be doing many upgrades throughout the property.

Please come visit us again, I assure you that you will be satisfied.
Have an Excellent Weekend
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

Poor security presence. Several cars were broken into. My Bill was incorrect. The executive floor was supposed to be separate from the rest of the hotel providing its own area for breakfast. There was nothing the rooms offered but a bed and a bathroom. I have stayed at less expensive chains and I at least had a microwave and a mini-fridge. I was also told there would be a mini-bar(of course nothing) Management tried to right the wrongs but still got the adjustment wrong again. So hopefully I will get a better experience if I decide to go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings!
I appreciate your feedback and apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Our Executive Lounge is open during the week and unfortunately we do not have Mini Bars in our Guest rooms. As you know, we feature our Lounge and Restaurant on the lobby level, I hope that you had a chance to experience. If not, please try us in the future,

We do have security coverage with 1 of the best agencies in Houston. The NBA Allstar weekend did create some unique situations and I am sorry if you were affected by them.

We do not take your business for granted and I hope that you give us another try in the future.

Regards