“Awesome Stay!”

Hilton Houston Galleria Area
Ranked #83 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed February 15, 2013

The staff of this hotel provided me with the best hotel stay I have ever had. Everyone was friendly, curteous, and kept going out of the way to make me feel welcome.

Upon check in I was greeted and without waithing in line recieved my key as I Hilton Honors member.

When I went to dinner I was greeted and asked how my room was.

The executive lounge staff made me feel very welcome and took great care of me.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Greetings!
Thank you so much for the positive feedback. I am so proud of the Excellent service that each of our Associates provide and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

Have an Excellent week!

There are newer reviews for Hilton Houston Galleria Area

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Great hotel and service! Everyone was very friendly and offered to help out even if that was not his/her primary job. There was one bellman (didn't get his name) that was outstanding! He offered to assist me with my luggage, but I told him i was going to wait in the lobby. He then offered to watch my things while I took a trip to the gift shop. Rooms a lil outdated and the bathrooms are rather small, but nothing to make my stay bad! All in all, it was great!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Greetings and I am so happy that you had an Excellent stay! I will share your feedback with our bellstaff, thank you so much! We look forward to seeing you visit us again!

Reviewed February 13, 2013

This is was my second trip to this hotel. I was very hesitant after my first experience, but my other choice was sold out. I have to say it was much better this time. The hotel itself is a little older, but it does appear they are making an effort to update. The staff this time is what really made the difference. They all made an effort to engage you, and not in an annoying way :)
Even the guy working in the elevator (they just put in new elevators) was nice.
The breakfast was a typical hotel breakfast buffet. They did have a person making made to order omeletts which looked good but I didn't have time to wait.
The only reason I gave it a low score on the sleep quality was that I had a room facing the highway. If road noise bothers you, ask for a room away from the road.
I also didn't mark location real high because it does seem a little sketchy. I have seen some reviews that talk about cars being broken into etc... I can believe it. I made sure I parked under a light. Also, there was a security guard sitting in a golf cart, which sounds good but he was looking at his phone every time I saw him. I think maybe his presence would be a deterent at least.

Room Tip: Away from the road!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Greetings!
I am glad that you tried us again and were satisfied. We are doing many renovations and I am glad that you noticed some of our upgrades. I do appreciate your positive feedback regarding the staff! I appreciate our associates everyday and hope to see you in the near future!

Thanks again!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Had a great weekend stay at the Hilton Houston Southwest that was capped by getting a call (shortly after I checked out) that I had left my ipad behind. They offered to mail it back to me, but since I was still in town i went back to the front desk and picked it up. Everyone on the staff that I met during my stay was very welcoming and accommodating to my needs. One employee that was vacuuming the lobby carpet, turned off the vacuum cleaner and asked me if he could help me. I was wondering where to have dinner. He suggested the hotel restaurants and several close by and offered to take me there in the hotel van. Later at night the same employee was going down the hallway with a cart full of goodies and offered me a Coke and a snack bar to take to my room. During my stay, the housekeeping staff smiled and always greeted me as they walked past me. The front desk manager waved from afar every time I walked through the lobby. The beds and linens were fresh and got a great night's sleep. Had a great experience that turned out to be an excellent weekend. Don't recall ANY freeway noise, period! And i am a light sleeper. I will return.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Greetings and thank you so much for the postive feedback posting!
We are very proud of the Excellent service that our Associates deliver and look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Beware Hilton Diamond members! You will get "upgraded" to a "junior suite". Unfortunately, this isn't a favor. Located 50 yards or less from a major expressway, this hotel is old and very loud. All "junior suites" sit atop the expressway. My room was also directly next to the elevator. When I tried to switch, all they had was double bed handicap acceasable room on the bottom floor. Old and run down, very loud, and a big bummer. Sorry guys but I will never be back. Only shining light was the friendly guy greeting people at the front door.

• Stayed: January 2013
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Greetings and Thank you for your posting regarding your stay!

We always try to upgrade our Diamond members and provide access to our Executive Lounge which features Breakfast, Hors Duerves, Beverages and the lounge is very comfortable. I hope that you had the opportunity to visit and take advantage of the services. Unfortunately due to our volume of business, your suite was located on the West side of the building. 50% of our rooms are on the East side which do not face the highway.

I am so sorry that the highway noise affected your stay with us and I do hope that you will consider us again. Please request the City side for your guest room preference.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My entire stay is always perfect. The staff welcomes you, the rooms are clean and the hotel is in a central location for me to travel between my different meeting locations. Great view of the city from any room. The staff will try to accommodate any needs or wants you may have for your trip. Their response time is excellent to any request.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Greetings and thank you for your feedback. I am so proud of our associates and their consistent delivery of Excellent Service. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We have booked through priceline many times and this is the first hotel to tell us because we booked through priceline, we get a room with dbl beds. The price is the same when you book through their hotel for a king bed and doulble beds. Hotels that don't discriminate for booking at a different site.....hilton americas, hilton westchase, hyatt downtown, crowne plaza downtown, Marriott westchase, lancaster, inn at the ballpark. There are more but my point is, they are not crowded, why not make the guest happy. Because of this we will not be back, we always order room service and tip even though its included. Because we stay at hotels every weekend, we have gotten to know staff and managers and more than not we are usually upgraded to a nicer room. The noise is horrible from the freeway.... guess priceline people get this kind of room and treatment.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Greetings and thank you for your posting. I am sorry that we did not have the room type available that you were looking for. If you book directly thru Hilton.com, you can confirm the room type that you would like.

We do honor requests at the front desk when available..if you would be so kind to email me the dates of your stay and your name so I can investigate, I would appreciate it!

Have an Excellent day!