“Great staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #77 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Texas
“Great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Had a great weekend stay at the Hilton Houston Southwest that was capped by getting a call (shortly after I checked out) that I had left my ipad behind. They offered to mail it back to me, but since I was still in town i went back to the front desk and picked it up. Everyone on the staff that I met during my stay was very welcoming and accommodating to my needs. One employee that was vacuuming the lobby carpet, turned off the vacuum cleaner and asked me if he could help me. I was wondering where to have dinner. He suggested the hotel restaurants and several close by and offered to take me there in the hotel van. Later at night the same employee was going down the hallway with a cart full of goodies and offered me a Coke and a snack bar to take to my room. During my stay, the housekeeping staff smiled and always greeted me as they walked past me. The front desk manager waved from afar every time I walked through the lobby. The beds and linens were fresh and got a great night's sleep. Had a great experience that turned out to be an excellent weekend. Don't recall ANY freeway noise, period! And i am a light sleeper. I will return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Greetings and thank you so much for the postive feedback posting!
We are very proud of the Excellent service that our Associates deliver and look forward to seeing you soon!

Ron Mader

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
  • Korean first
Crested Butte, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Beware Hilton Diamond members! You will get "upgraded" to a "junior suite". Unfortunately, this isn't a favor. Located 50 yards or less from a major expressway, this hotel is old and very loud. All "junior suites" sit atop the expressway. My room was also directly next to the elevator. When I tried to switch, all they had was double bed handicap acceasable room on the bottom floor. Old and run down, very loud, and a big bummer. Sorry guys but I will never be back. Only shining light was the friendly guy greeting people at the front door.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Greetings and Thank you for your posting regarding your stay!

We always try to upgrade our Diamond members and provide access to our Executive Lounge which features Breakfast, Hors Duerves, Beverages and the lounge is very comfortable. I hope that you had the opportunity to visit and take advantage of the services. Unfortunately due to our volume of business, your suite was located on the West side of the building. 50% of our rooms are on the East side which do not face the highway.

I am so sorry that the highway noise affected your stay with us and I do hope that you will consider us again. Please request the City side for your guest room preference.

Best Regards,
Dallas, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

My entire stay is always perfect. The staff welcomes you, the rooms are clean and the hotel is in a central location for me to travel between my different meeting locations. Great view of the city from any room. The staff will try to accommodate any needs or wants you may have for your trip. Their response time is excellent to any request.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Greetings and thank you for your feedback. I am so proud of our associates and their consistent delivery of Excellent Service. Hope to see you soon!

texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

We have booked through priceline many times and this is the first hotel to tell us because we booked through priceline, we get a room with dbl beds. The price is the same when you book through their hotel for a king bed and doulble beds. Hotels that don't discriminate for booking at a different site.....hilton americas, hilton westchase, hyatt downtown, crowne plaza downtown, Marriott westchase, lancaster, inn at the ballpark. There are more but my point is, they are not crowded, why not make the guest happy. Because of this we will not be back, we always order room service and tip even though its included. Because we stay at hotels every weekend, we have gotten to know staff and managers and more than not we are usually upgraded to a nicer room. The noise is horrible from the freeway.... guess priceline people get this kind of room and treatment.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings and thank you for your posting. I am sorry that we did not have the room type available that you were looking for. If you book directly thru Hilton.com, you can confirm the room type that you would like.

We do honor requests at the front desk when available..if you would be so kind to email me the dates of your stay and your name so I can investigate, I would appreciate it!

Have an Excellent day!
ronald.mader@hilton.com
Oregon, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Location means that road noise seems to be ever present but I think this is a Houston problem, but when you run the air conditioner, that is loud enough to drown out any noise from outside. If you need a quiet room to sleep in you may want to look for a room away from the highway, but I have a feeling that any room in this hotel is subject to outdoor noise.

The fitness center is well equipped. Restaurant has a nice selection and the items I tried were very well prepared and tasty. The hotel also has a Hilton club members room on the top floor that provides free drinks and snacks, tv etc. This makes for a nice place to relax, do a little work in a nice social atmosphere. I have to say the bed was very comfortable. Bathroom average. TV channel selection acceptable.

Finding the place was easy enough with the GPS, had it located correctly, parking is free. Not sure what is around the place as I never when out in the evening.

Frankly this was my first trip to Houston, and basically I would not miss the place if I never went back. It’s a sprawling city that gave me no particular desire to return. Would I use this hotel again. Yes, if I needed to be in this location. Otherwise I would try to find a nicer location perhaps.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Greetings and thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am very pleased that you had a good stay with us and hope you will consider us again if you return to Houston.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

As a professional journalist, I travel alot across North America and I have stayed in a number of Hilton hotels across North America. But the treatment and care I got from the Hilton Southwest in Houston is the best so far in many years. The staff were highly professional and freindly. I felt as if I was home. The best part is the aspect where a van is always available to take guests to the shopping mall. It is awesome especially for a guest who is just visiting for the first time.
I enjoyed everything about this Hilton. I will certainly stay here again and again. It is truly home away from home.
Joy
Canada

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Greetings and thank you so much for the positive feedback! We pride ourselves in delivering Excellent service and hope to see you in the near future!

Best regards,
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I was a bit surprised by some of the negative reviews, as I have found this Hilton exceptional for the money. I am a Houston resident that needed a place to stay once the condo was sold and there was a lag time between homes so I checked this out beforehand and found it very comfortable. Yes, there is noise from 59 (ask for a room away from it and you will be fine), and yes there isn't much around the hotel, but the room is nice, the lounge downstairs has a great bar menu that is also very reasonable and this is the first time I have had an elevator greeter since I stayed at the Imperial Hotel in Tokyo. Everyone here is beyond nice and professional; even the engineering guys stop you to ask if everything is a-OK when they pass by. I wish there was covered parking but I have to be honest in saying that this has been a great stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Greetings and thank you so much for the positive feedback!

I will share your posting with our associates and recognize them for delivering Excellent service.

Best regards!