“Excellent hotel near Galleria area”

Hilton Houston Galleria Area
Ranked #74 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Excellent hotel near Galleria area”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

This hotel is quite nice. The service is excellent. They immediately gave us razors and shaving cream when we asked for them.

Environment is nice and the large atrium and Southwest/Northern Mexico decor makes for a comfortable place.

The breakfast is nice and ample for American style breakfasts, including a full array of hot foods, fruits, yogurts and an expresso machine.

The exercise room is average, has all the nautical machines and treadmills, but kind of small for the size of the hotel.

The only potential drawback is location, which is convenient if you can drive there, but not if you're hoping to take public transportation or walk.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Greetings and thank you for a positive review regarding your recent stay with us! We are proud of the Excellent Service that we provide and our location to the Galleria area. I also appreciate your comments about our breakfast buffet, as it has become such a guest favorite.

Happy Holidays and look forward to you visiting us again!
Ron Mader

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Korean first
Florence, Italy
Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Perfect location arriving at Houston George Bush International and thinking to move from Houston using the highways.
Good rooms, nice free wifi also in the room and very good breakfast. Free parking also. Very positive experience. Recommended for business needs.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Greetings!
Thank you so much for the positive review! We are very appreciative of your business and feedback.

Best Regards,
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2012

stayed at this Hilton Hotel many times over the years. It has always very been good in terms of price and what you get for your money. There is some upgrading work going on and it was time... The breakfast is truly great, service as well as food quality are top. A little annoying is the extensive us of the wors excellent by many staff members... By saying it all the time your hotel does not become excellent. All in all it is a good option and I will be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Greetings and thank you for the feedback regarding your stay! We are very proud of the Excellent service that our team provides and the use of the word Excellent is just a subtle reminder to everyone that our goal is that you have an Excellent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the positive comments!!

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed in the Southwest Hilton for two nights on business. The room was very large for a standard (much larger than I am accustom to). The hotel allows smoking in their rooms, and while I was in a non-smoking room the hallways were plastered with the smell. My room had an ashtray in the room, so while it was non-smoking during my stay I would be surprised to hear it hadn't been a smoking room in the past. I found a condom wrapper behind my television (ick). My coffee maker wasn't cleaned out after the first day. Minor, but gross that it sat all day. I am saw the pool from the parking lot, it was small and in the shade. Not sure this is a place you can take children or vacation as the area was mostly businesses. The redeeming quality of the hotel would be service. I checked in very late and the woman at the counter was very friendly and polite. I ordered room service twice and it was great (food and service). Checkout was very fast and painless.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Greetings and thank you for the feedback!
I appreciate the positive comments regarding the service and will share with our team! We are very proud of the Excellent Service that we provide.

I also appreciate your comments regarding smoking as we are converting our smoking rooms to non-smoking in addition to installing brand new elevators and replacing carpet, vinyl and lighting.

Please consider us again when visiting Houston!

Regards
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Can't quite understand all the negative reviews. The rooms here were spotless and fresh smelling. Sure the decor was a little 70's, but they must have gotten a deal on it recently. No wallpaper was peeling off the bathroom walls, there was no crud in the bathroom. The hallway carpet looked a little tired, but not too bad. Service was polite and helpful. Sure, you could hear the freeway outside, but not with the a/c running. The room had a great, powerful shower that pounded away the days toils.

Breakfast was a buffet for $13.95, which seemed crazy as lunch buffet was $9.95. I did have a quesadilla from room service and it had fresh guacamole.

Now, the surrounding area is a little more ethnic than some and I can't imagine bringing a family here for a vacation. I'm not sure what attractions would be around the hotel, but there were plenty of chain restaurants, as well as some highly rated Indian food places.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Greetings and Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! I appreciate your positive comments and will share with our staff. We do pride ourselves in Excellent service and hope to see you in the near future.

Best regards
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I picked this hotel because I thought that it was very close to the Galleria. It was close but not as close as I thought. It was next to an extremely busy road and about 5 miles or 15 minutes from the Galleria. Despite the very noisy road the hotel was quite, on the back side of the hotel. the staff was very friendly, courteous, and offered assistance without beign asked.

The down side of this property is that it is 39 years old and is showing it's age. Of the three elevators, only two were working. The staff said that they were all in the process of being replaced and offered a staff elevator to alleviate the backlog waiting on the two working elevators. When busy that could cause a delay for anyone waiting for an elevator. Parts of the lobby area also appeared to be warm at times but wasn't a big issue.

Overall the proerty was acceptable and the room was satisfactory. A bit more refurbishing would belp.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel away from traffice will be quiter.
Greetings!
I appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel and wanted to let you know that we also offer complimentary transportation to the Galleria. While our property is older, we are currently executing an improvement plan including new elevators, carpet and vinyl which is why there was an elevator down as it is under renovation.

Again, I appreciate your positive comments and hope that you choose us again for your Houston Hotel of choice

Ocean Springs, Mississippi
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I am a long time Hilton rewards member and this is the worst experience that I have had at a Hilton property. In the bathroom, the towel bar was hanging off of the wall with the nails pulled out. There is absolutely NO closet in the room and only one towel was left for us. There is a small area without a door with a safe at the bottom, but nowhere to hang clothes. The room has no microwave OR refrigerator. When we came back to the room after the second night, we had no shampoo or soap. I called the front desk, but these items never came. Our room was about five rooms down from the elevator and the elevator SQUEAKED ALL NIGHT LONG.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Greetings and thank you for the feedback!
I am so sorry that you did not have an Excellent stay with us. This is not the standard that we operate with and I would like to investigate and help to resolve this issue, if you would be so kind to contact me.

713-735-6119 direct line