“Nice Hotel”

Hilton Houston Galleria Area
Ranked #69 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Nice hotel - clean, comfy beds, little old (popcorn ceilings, etc) but overall good stay. People very friendly. We ate breakfast in the restaraunt and it was very nice. Nice that you don't have to pay for parking! I don't have anything else to say but it says I have to have 200 words so bubble gum, bubble gum, bubble gum, bubble gum

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Greetings and Thank you so much for the positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are proud of our Excellent Service that our team provides.

Hope to see you soon...thanks again!
Ron Mader

Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed August 31, 2012

If I could take this hotel staff and move them to a different property I would be happy. Breakfast was wonderful. This was my second stay at the Hilton Southwest. I knew to request a room facing away from the freeway. My wish was granted but they gave me a room right across from a horribly loud ice maker with two room service trays sitting outside the stairwell door. Needless to say I requested a move. The concierge room was great. My hotel room was ok, but the A/C and the room could be upgraded.

Room Tip: Pick a high room, facing away from the freeway and far from the ice maker.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2012

Greetings and thank you for the positive feedback regarding our staff and our fantastic breakfast buffet. I am very proud of the team and I will share your comments! I am sorry about the room location and I wish that you would give us another try. We have nearly 300 rooms and I am sure that we can find a suitable location for you.

Have an Excellent Holiday Weekend!
Ronald Mader

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Here on business twice in July. First stay there was problems with key card and housekeeping. After making these complaints known we were upgraded the next week and were able to stay on the fourteenth floor. The concierge room was an awesome way to unwind after a hard day at work. The gift shop prices are reasonable and have an assortment of Texas souvenirs. There is an odor which I am not sure if it is the humidity or old cigarette smoke. The freeway side is very noisy but the lights are beautiful at night.

• Stayed: July 2012
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Greetings!
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. While sometimes issues may arise, I am very confident that our staff will recover and you will have an Excellent stay. I hope that you visit us again!

Regards,

Reviewed July 10, 2012

The staff is great, going above and beyond typical customer service. It's easy to see that the new staffing has kept this afloat. The general manager, Ron, even followed up with a call regarding a cab inquiry I had previously to let me know he called a few cab companies to find an answer for me. Furthermore, his responses in this TripAdvisor reviews is additional evidence of care and service this staff provides. But the hotel itself does need some upgrades. Some of those should be concentrated into sound-proofing the windows (it overlooks the highway), the plumbing (I could easily hear neighboring sinks/showers as well as my room's sink draining for 10 minutes after using - I stayed in Room #1000), and potentially the hallway walls and doors (normal conversations can be easily heard). There was a certain musty odor, but I'm not sure if that was due to the humidity in Houston or something else.

Overall, though, the experience was good including the breakfast vouchers. Thanks, Ron!

Room Tip: If you can, try to get rooms away from the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Greetings and Thank you so much for the positive comments regarding our staff! I am very proud of the Excellent Service that we provide and will share your feedback. I also appreciate your comments regarding improvments and we are currently investigating options for each of the items that you have outlined and hope to have some options by year end. In addition, We are currently and/or have scheduled completing several upgrades including HSIA bandwith, new Elevators, Porte Cochere entrance and carpet and vinyl in public areas.

I hope that you will consider us again when traveling to Houston, we sincerely appreciate you!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Booked hotel through priceline (3 1/2 star rating). Based on the photos and some of the reviews, I was a bit apprehensive. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were large and have had some updating. The large flat screen HDTV was perfect for late night viewing and I enjoyed the free internet. The location is close to shopping and good food.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Greetings and thank you for the positive feedback. I hope that you will visit us again in the future!
Regards

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stopped on on a friday night without reservations. I got a room for $ 89 plus tax. They also have me 2 free breakfast buffet coupons. That was cheaper than the holiday inn express, ramada, and la quinta.

The front door area was closed due to renovations. Front desk workers were very friendly.

The hotel is a bit old but was very clean. My only complaint is that the curtain did not close all the way so the city lights shone in & the sink would occasionally make gurgling noise like there was backup somewhere. No smell just a loud noise every couple of hours.

Breakfast was really good. Plenty of really good authentic indian food in the area.

All in all, good experience. I recommend, especially for $ 89 a night.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Greetings and Thank you for your posting regarding our hotel.
I appreciate your positive comments about our staff friendliness, cleanliness and quality of breakfast. I will investigate the plumbing issue and drapery.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and please choose us again when visiting the Houston area.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Arrived at the hotel about 10pm,with no reservation during a time when there was a convention in town, and they were very nice and helpful at the front desk. The building was not that great but once we walked in we were surprise to find such a nice lobby! The resturant was closed but we had many choices in the area to choose from. The room was large and comfortable. the bed was very comfortable. The coffee maker in the room did not work, but it was not that big of a deal, I feel if the guest before us would have mention it they would have addressed it before we checked in. The parking is free, because there were so many guest and we checked in late there we had to park far from the door, but that was understandable. I will be in Houston next week and I plan on spending two nights there. Great place for the price!

Room Tip: book on line and if you pre pay you will get about a $20 discount!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Greetings!
Thank you so much for the positive review, I sincerely appreciate the posting and look forward to your next visit. We pride ourselves in delivering Excellent Service and please let us know if we can do anything to make you more comfortable.

Ronald Mader