“Great Price Great Stay”

Hilton Houston Galleria Area
Ranked #68 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Booked hotel through priceline (3 1/2 star rating). Based on the photos and some of the reviews, I was a bit apprehensive. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were large and have had some updating. The large flat screen HDTV was perfect for late night viewing and I enjoyed the free internet. The location is close to shopping and good food.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Greetings and thank you for the positive feedback. I hope that you will visit us again in the future!
Regards
Ron Mader

Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stopped on on a friday night without reservations. I got a room for $ 89 plus tax. They also have me 2 free breakfast buffet coupons. That was cheaper than the holiday inn express, ramada, and la quinta.

The front door area was closed due to renovations. Front desk workers were very friendly.

The hotel is a bit old but was very clean. My only complaint is that the curtain did not close all the way so the city lights shone in & the sink would occasionally make gurgling noise like there was backup somewhere. No smell just a loud noise every couple of hours.

Breakfast was really good. Plenty of really good authentic indian food in the area.

All in all, good experience. I recommend, especially for $ 89 a night.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Greetings and Thank you for your posting regarding our hotel.
I appreciate your positive comments about our staff friendliness, cleanliness and quality of breakfast. I will investigate the plumbing issue and drapery.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and please choose us again when visiting the Houston area.

Best regards,

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Arrived at the hotel about 10pm,with no reservation during a time when there was a convention in town, and they were very nice and helpful at the front desk. The building was not that great but once we walked in we were surprise to find such a nice lobby! The resturant was closed but we had many choices in the area to choose from. The room was large and comfortable. the bed was very comfortable. The coffee maker in the room did not work, but it was not that big of a deal, I feel if the guest before us would have mention it they would have addressed it before we checked in. The parking is free, because there were so many guest and we checked in late there we had to park far from the door, but that was understandable. I will be in Houston next week and I plan on spending two nights there. Great place for the price!

Room Tip: book on line and if you pre pay you will get about a $20 discount!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Greetings!
Thank you so much for the positive review, I sincerely appreciate the posting and look forward to your next visit. We pride ourselves in delivering Excellent Service and please let us know if we can do anything to make you more comfortable.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I admit it, I judged this book by its cover: a "vintage" 70's hotel, and was a little nervous when I drove up. I might like my clothes and my men vintage, but hotels, notsomuch. But I was really pleasantly surprised. The service was outstanding, from the friendly greetings by the ladies at the front desk, and the gentlemen bellhops always willing to direct you wherever you need to go. Opening the door to the room was like a breath of fresh air, they are large and airy (I had a king room), with a big window, lots of light, and clean, bright bedspread. Mattress was very comfy, if a little bouncy. There was also a large plasma TV, free wifi, and a nice coffeemaker (which I didn't use, but meant to). I didn't notice the noise that some reviewers complain about, but perhaps I was on the quieter side - if so, that should be something you ask for. I stayed on business, so my company booked the trip, and it did appear that the rate was a little higher than I would have expected at $160/night. But, all in all, I was pleased with my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north side, not facing the highway, if noise bothers you.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Greetings!
Thank you so much for the positive feedback! I will share your comments with our staff! We do have fantastic associates at our Front Desk and Bellstaff so I appreciate you recognizing them!

Reviewed May 16, 2012

We ended up at this Hilton instead of the Marriott in Sugar Land thanks to Hotwire (which I will never use again - and the "discount" price was the rack rate). The staff was friendly and tried to be helpful at all times. The hotel is at an angle to the 59 speedway. There are very few rooms that do not overlook the speedway to some degree. At check-in, I asked for a room that didn't directly face the speedway and got exactly that! The girl was new...We were immediately switched to a room on the other side of the building without fuss, even though it too had constant speedway noise. The room was clean. The shower drain gurgled loudly after anyone nearby used the shower. The air conditioner was louder than the traffic noise (maybe for a reason?!). It is definitely not a 3.5 star hotel as Hotwire bills it, nor was it worth the rate. There were many other nicer options in that area for the price. But it was clean and the staff were helpful.

Room Tip: Get a room that doesn't face the speedway
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Greetings and Thank you for your recent feedback about our hotel! I appreciate you taking the time and recognizing our friendliness and cleanliness.

I also understand your concern regarding the highway noise.

I hope that you will consider us again if visiting the Houston Area.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

There is no welcome in front door
No one to help u with ur bags
In the room no mini bar in the room
The hotel is big building but list empty from inside

• Stayed: May 2012
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2012

Greetings and thank you for your feedback!

I apologize for not meeting your expectation during this stay. One of the wonderful guest amenities that we feature is complimentary transportation to the Galleria and unfortunately during your arrival our Bellman may have been taking a guest to the Galleria. We also have our Lobby Ambassador on duty, however they may have been assisting another guest.

Unfortunately we do not feature mini bars in the room, however we do have our Pacquito Lounge and Dessert Rose restaurant in addition to room service.

I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations and we do not take our guests for granted and hope that you will try us again in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed April 23, 2012

i had the option to upgrade to a north-side room, away from highway 59, and wish i would have!
the noise from the road was really loud.
other than that, the hotel is fine. A bit dated, rest room small, etc. Location is very near to Bellaire, and the galleria.
The breakfast buffet was very good.

Room Tip: get the north side upgrade. might help with the highway noise a bit.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank randolph_10
ronald_mader, General Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

Greetings and Thank You for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
I appreciate your comments regarding the roadside and 50% of our rooms do face the poolside with City view and you can upgrade to these rooms based on availability.

We also are planning renovations this year and have started our property improvement plan. I also appreciate the comments about our breakfast buffet, it is a fantastic value.

I do hope that you will consider us again when needing hotel services in the Houston area!

Have an Excellent Day!